• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guacamelee About to be Announced for Steam [UPDATE: Confirmed]

Grief.exe

Cards! Well not really interested in cards, but am glad to see cards being supported still.

Still?

Cards seem to be one of the more popular things added to Steam. Devs have to wait in a queue to be excepted.

And they have released about 50-60 new games with cards in the past week alone.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
How does this compare to Dust? Is it as good? Never played Guacamelee and only a little of Dust.

It would be impossible for me to not recommend both to anybody who has a fondness for 2d platform/action games. My personal preference leans slightly toward Guacamelee though. I think. Small things give it the edge, I love 2D platformers and Guacamelee felt incredible and responsible. Dust's story was well written and executed, but I think Guacamelee benefits from little interruption to the gameplay. I also prefer the continuous Guacamelee world to Dust's map screen. Hardly complaints about Dust, we're probably talking about my two favorite games I've played this year.

That said, Spelunky is one of the best things ever. Shame that Guacamelee is coming out the same day, I worry it might get overlooked. I'll be enthusiastically buying both for the second time but not everybody is looking to buy two 2D platformers at once.

Guacamelee is an excellent game. PC gamers who like 2D Metroidvanias with personality are in for a treat. Some of the platforming in this game is sick. I liked this game quite a bit more than Dust: An Elysian Tail (Dust was good too).

This shows just how much something that I would otherwise label as "pretty decent" can be lifted with the incorporation of a wonderfully implemented theme. It's the real star in this game, to be honest. So well done.

Fitrix

Neo Member
Crossing my fingers for Gold Edition on PS3.

Or is it exclusive to Steam?

Welp if thats the case I have to get it on Steam then.

Grief.exe

Crossing my fingers for Gold Edition on PS3.

Or is it exclusive to Steam?

Welp if thats the case I have to get it on Steam then.

Well the gold edition just includes the DLC, you could purchase the DLC on PSN and have the gold edition that way.

Fitrix

Neo Member
Well the gold edition just includes the DLC, you could purchase the DLC on PSN and have the gold edition that way.

I dont like to buy the DLC separately.I like them to be included in the game as well.

Thats why I always buy GOTY or Complete Edition.The DLCs already included in the game,no need to buy them separately.

DaBoss

Still?

Cards seem to be one of the more popular things added to Steam. Devs have to wait in a queue to be excepted.

And they have released about 50-60 new games with cards in the past week alone.

Wasn't aware of this at all. I haven't been paying attention to Steam cards market or keeping up with what games have gotten cards.

Sweet, I've been really wanting to play this but I don't buy DD games on consoles anymore since they announced there would be no BC next gen. I only make exceptions for things that I know will never go multi and that I really, really want to play like Tokyo Jungle.

Grief.exe

Wasn't aware of this at all. I haven't been paying attention to Steam cards market or keeping up with what games have gotten cards.

If you think about it, Trading Cards are win/win for everyone involved.

Valve and developers get a cut of the revenue from card and game sales, Steam users who don't care get to sell the cards to buy more games, users that do care get to show off their favorite games on their profile.

rjc571

Banned
Good, I'll buy it when it drops to $5. Wanted to play it on the Vita but didn't want to spend $15 on it. A demo could have sold me on it for full price, oh well.

omg_mjd

Got to play this awesome game on the Vita. Some tough platforming sections but the game is fair and rewards patience and skill.

Glad to know more people will get to play it. In DrinkBox I trust.

SparkTR

I guess I'll check this out now, I heard a lot of great things about it around release, but lately the praise for it seems to be subdued (post-hype backlash no doubt).

fantomena

Hey there,

As a heads up, DrinkBox Studios is bringing platform-brawler Guacamelee! to Steam as a special Guacamelee! Gold Edition on August 8th for $14.99, £11.99 and €13.99. To celebrate the Steam launch, Guacamelee! will be 10 percent off for the first week of release.

Features for the Guacamelee! Gold Edition Include:

· Full Game along with the first two DLC packs – Costume pack and “The Devil’s Playground” challenge level

· Steam trading cards

· Steamworks integration with Achievements, Leaderboards, Cloud Save, and Big Picture Mode

· Fully remappable keyboard controls

· Create new custom costumes and share these with others via Steam Workshop

As an added bonus, for the first week, purchasers of Guacamelee! Gold will also receive a free code for the critically acclaimed Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack on Steam.

Press release.

Sentenza

Great game, great price, great goodies.
Looks like that's going to be an instant purchase for me.

Anyway, I'm a bit surprised the game is so close to release and yet it doesn't list anywhere on Steam. Not even in the Coming Soon tab.

Grief.exe

No PS3 or Vita? You missing out!

Free Blobs is awesome. That is also a very good romp.

I've been PC-only for this generation but Sony has really impressed me with their output.

I've picked up some PS3 and console exclusive games off of Craigslist the past couple months. The only ones I have left are newer ones like Last of Us, ZoE HD, and MGS Legacy.

I will probably be picking up a PS3 over Black Friday.

Top Bottom