• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Pre-Hype/News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

As per agreed upon by GuardiansGAF, this thread will serve as the main home for all GotG news. If major GotG news deserves its own thread in the future (before early reviews drop) will be discussed by GuardiansGAF. Basically, just dump whatever GotG stuff comes up (TV Spots, stills, interviews, swag, etc) here. Comic news related to the Guardians is also fair game.

You're Welcome

UPDATE: Please redirect yourselves to the new OTs.

my-body-is-ready.png

As is mine, and most of us here. That reminds me...
image.php

I've been like, obligated to love this movie since the announcement. But something about just rewatching all these trailers just gave me goosebumps all over again.

I'm goingggg up to the spirrriiit in the skyyyyyyyy

The movie comes out on the 7th of August here in Australia....but I just saw on the IMAX website that they have advanced screenings on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd!

I'm gonna try and organise to go with my brothers to an advanced screening. People are already reserving some seats from now. I'd better get organised! o_O

Xevren

I can't wait for this! Already snagged all the posters for it I possibly can and turning my gaming room into a GotG shrine heh. <3 GotG

I got some of the marvel legends today. All I need now are Iron Man and Star Lord to complete Groot. I really don't like that Iron Man from the new run was put in over Nebula or Ronan. Richard Rider Nova is bad ass though.

Neoxon

Only thing newcomers who want to read the comic book need to know:

QD03kno.png
This. While the Bendis run isn't terrible, the DnA run is just plain amazing, & is the main source material for the movie.
The movie comes out on the 7th of August here in Australia....but I just saw on the IMAX website that they have advanced screenings on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd!

I'm gonna try and organise to go with my brothers to an advanced screening. People are already reserving some seats from now. I'd better get organised! o_O
I can't find reservations for seats at my IMAX theater in Houston, yet.

Gartooth

Only thing newcomers who want to read the comic book need to know:

QD03kno.png

Yep. Couldn't last through more than 3 issues of Bendis' run. It is completely lacking in everything that made GotG... GotG. The DnA run is what the movie is drawing inspiration from, and I hope (if the movie is financially successful) that they get the chance to go farther with it.

J10

Banned

Bought mine already here in NYC for 10pm on the 31st. Earliest shows are always the best because those are the most enthusiastic and informed crowds.

Gartooth

Not sure, but if you do talk about it, please use spoiler tags.

Also, my IMAX theater only has reservations up to July 14th.

Yeah the spoiler tags are to be assumed for this thread. In regards to the footage I don't think it should be too much of an issue. They clearly want people talking about the movie given this preview event so some kind of NDA would be counterproductive. (Besides, I doubt we're getting anything major plot-wise in those 17 minutes)

Neoxon

Yeah the spoiler tags are to be assumed for this thread. In regards to the footage I don't think it should be too much of an issue. They clearly want people talking about the movie given this preview event so some kind of NDA would be counterproductive. (Besides, I doubt we're getting anything major plot-wise in those 17 minutes)
True, I doubt the first 17 minutes of the movie will spoil much, but better safe than sorry.

Neoxon

it looks really great,but i think it won't be a gigantic success of public,and thats bad :/
We aren't expecting Avengers numbers, but it'll do great if GotG gets good reviews, plus the fact that Marvel is marketing this movie hard.

I'm thinking around 70-80% on Rotten Tomatoes, 90% if it's really good.

Dai101

Banned
We aren't expecting Avengers numbers, but it'll do great if GotG gets good reviews, plus the fact that Marvel is marketing this movie hard.

Im thinking around 70-80% on Rotten Tomatoes, 90% if it's really good.

I'm predicting between IM2 and Thor numbers.

I also recommend the first issue of Rocket Raccoon. It just came out this week and it was pretty damn great. Really funny and it has fantastic art.

Mariolee

I do envy his ability to get ripped in a matter of months. I'm pretty much a twig.

Besides, Anna Faris beat you to the punch.

I know. :(

I used to think that Anna Faris was way too good for Chris Pratt, but now it's fairly obvious that it's the other way around. My favorite Hollywood couple though by far.

Neoxon

Worldwide box office that gives about a $180m window for it to fall in.

But I feel the same way. It will probably fall just a bit above Thor, but not as high as Iron Man 2.
You also have to factor in the street cred Marvel gained post-Avengers, which has a stronger pull than back during IM2 or Thor 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom