• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guerrilla Games register Horizonthegame.com domain

Man

Xmas 2016 is earliest possible date.
Sony's spring plan is waaay too busy.
2015 way too early for a project of this size.

Hoping that the concept art showing hunters trying to tie up the dino beasts is an accurate representation of some of the mechanics. Freedom wars style.

DieH@rd

Banned
I don't see this art work being posted too often so here it is in case people have forgotten it:

url

I don't think that is from Horizon. It is the same artist [?], but pained for a different project.

Man, I'm in love with the concept.

If it was another dino mech game, you the character would be some badass with a gun and armour.

Playing as some indigenous group just sounds so much cooler. Since it's an RPG, I imagine the indigenous people also are able to use magic, and it just seems like a cool clash between advanced A.I and magic.

I like the earlier idea that the mechs are from a lost civilization, I'm so curious about the lore.

F4r0_Atak

I don't see this art work being posted too often so here it is in case people have forgotten it:

url

I know it was made by one of the concept artists who worked at Guerilla Games, but what if these were actually for Stig's game. Apparently, the rumored resemblance to Destiny could fit in with some of these concepts.

I don't think that is not from Horizon. It is the same artist [?], but painted for a different project.

Maybe Stig's before it was cancelled? I know it's a long stretch but still... (it's hard to imagine a cancelled project without leaked concepts of said project).

Sadly true; the lore of KZ is amazing. But so far, they've failed to execute in any of the KZ games.

Have you played Mercenary?

Mentok

Banned
I'm prepared to see the tiny CGI trailer we'll get. No way they show off any gameplay/news about the game on Monday.

F4r0_Atak

I think the knight art was just a free time project by one of the artist at GG unlike the leaked Dino concepts

I doubt it. Its similarity with Destiny could have been for Stig's cancelled project (as in it wouldn't be the first time that someone from another studio at SCE WWS working temporarily for another, like like that time when programmers/coders from SSM being sent to Japan Studio to help with The Last Guardian), which was actually rumored to be similar in gameplay and style to Destiny. I guess SCE decided to bet on another horse (so much for we love DEVS and trust in your own studios)? I wonder which of the deals were cheaper in the end, Destiny or Stig's cancelled IP/project.

Sorc3r3r

Honestly looking at these concept art pics, i cant figure how they are going to extract a ''serious'' story for a rpg, robodinos being hunted with wooden arrows and ropes and a crappy gun.
I mean, my imagination is telling me '' nope nope ''.

They have hired some very talented people, i am very corious to see what's going on.

Jomjom

Banned
I'm pretty confused why people are so hyped for this game. Guerilla hasnt proven they can make a good game much less a good rpg game. Is it just cause of the mecha dinosaurs?

Sorc3r3r

I'm pretty confused why people are so hyped for this game. Guerilla hasnt proven they can make a good game much less a good rpg game. Is it just cause of the mecha dinosaurs?

Just new IP hype for me.

Then reading the people they have on board for this project give me some positive vibe for the end result.

Killzone 2 was a good game (as well as Liberation, both of which are directed by the same dude as Horizon), it has a cool concept, they hired talent from the likes of Obsidian, CD Projekt Red and Blizzard, it's been years in the oven and it's an original game. Plenty of reasons to be hyped.

Man

I'm prepared to see the tiny CGI trailer we'll get. No way they show off any gameplay/news about the game on Monday.
I doubt we will see a Guerrilla Game ever again presented with a CGI.
The Killzone 2 pre-rendered video is now 10(!) years old and still regularly referred to.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Guerrilla has made two great (kzl and kz2) and one good game (kz3). You can hate them but they are pretty well reviewed. Not really something to be confused by.

I don't give them any credit for kzm but that was also very good.

Its a combo of the leaked concept art and the respect for their technical abilities that makes people want it to turn out good despite what they think about Killzone. If it were another Killzone game, people probably wouldn't be so hyped.

That and mecha dinosaurs.

Guerrilla has made two great (kzl and kz2) and one good game (kz3). You can hate them but they are pretty well reviewed. Not really something to be confused by.

KZSF wasn't terrible either and the MP was great. Visually its a masterpeice.

Liberation was also good. They did have some hand in Mercs atleast Matthijs de Jonge(game director of Horizon) did.

Killzone 2 reviewed very well. But they are very inconsistent I'll give you that.

hohoXD123

Because in terms of graphics, lore and gameplay they're actually pretty good. They've hired talented staff to deal with their writing shortcomings and it's the first time they're free from Killzone's shackles, plus the concept art/info surrounding the game look great. So plenty of reason to be hyped.

Top Bottom