• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 15th Anniversary Teaser - Halo 3: Anniversary teased?

MysteryM

Halo 3 is just fine as it is now on the MCC. I don't see much added value to a full remake anyway there. More new stuff would be better then remakes for now.

For me it's never been about the single player. I want to play halo 3 multiplayer again, but this time with a re-ignited population.

Woffls

MCC Halo 3 was more than enough for me. Certainly don't need H3:A.

MCC Play Anywhere tho... take my day one money again.

As far as I know the mods have never banned anyone for legitimate complaints outside of wrestling and popgaf.

Appreciate it, boss. I just wanted to make clear that this wasn't a "take a cheap shot at MCC" thing. It was the first time this generation where I was legit heartbroken...

However, I too would dig the MCC port/play anywhere idea...

Although I don't like the direction 343 has taken the franchise, I gotta give it to Frank for stepping up and squashing a rumor. If only Blizzard had done the same thing when Diablo 4 rumors began circulating months before E3. Well done, Frank.

Banned
Op.

Absolutely not.

We continue to work on halo wars 2 and future endeavors.

There are no h3 anniversary plans at this time and the diminishing returns would make it a tricky proposition anyway.

So sorry, but no.

And the 15th anniversary video is literally a celebration of 15 years of halo and its community.
Thanks for this.

Halo 3 and 4 look and play good enough in the MCC. Just give us Reach remastered :p

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Good, we don't need a h3 anniversary. A halo 3 themed "map pack" for the scorpio ready halo 5 would do the trick just fine.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Frankie already said no, and i don't see why people would think it was necessary to begin with.

If they were going to do it, they would have just allowed BC for Halo 1 Anniversary and Halo 4, released Halo 2 Anniversary stand alone and then worked on Halo 3 Anniversary.

The fact that Halo MCC came out shows that they felt that all the games were generally already up to par and needed no further tweaks.

Op.

Absolutely not.

There are no h3 anniversary plans at this time and the diminishing returns would make it a tricky proposition anyway.

So sorry, but no.

And the 15th anniversary video is literally a celebration of 15 years of halo and its community.
It's not that I don't believe you, Frankie, but I recall there being no plans for H2A either.

So if you're not working on it, that's fine. But I won't 100℅ believe you until E3 2017 has come and gone without an announcement.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I don't care what some janitor says, Halo 3 Anniversary makes too much damn sense m'kay?
Its 10 year anniversary coincides with the launch of a new Xbox platform? Pfffftt. Halo is the most important franchise Microsoft has.
Halo HUD was basically designed for VR, and what do you know, this new Xbox platform is also made with VR in mind. How very convenient.
The best Halo is getting Anniversary treatment and I will eat Frankie's mop if I'm wrong.

RoKKeR

H3A doesn't make sense on many levels. Not expecting it, though I am expecting some kind of shoot off game to be announced for the Scorpio launch window.

Akai__

IDK, a full blown remake akin to Call of Duty 4 Remaster would be pretty incredible. A lot of people don't like the slower feeling of older Halo's, so I'm not sure it would steal that many Halo 5 players that are still playing. I could be wrong though.

I get what you mean, but I don't think it would make sense for 343i.

Future Halo games just need a Custom Game Browser with a lot more Custom Game Settings, so that you can replicate other Halo games. And I'm not just talking about a toggle for Sprint or Clamber, but stuff like individual weapon damage, rate of fire and other things. People would never have to leave the newest Halo game.

Also they are going to have a CE playlist on the 15th appareantly, but that probably won't play anything like CE.

Halo 3 running on 5's engine at native 4K 60fps on Scorpio would've been a dream. Ah well.

What engine aspects are we talking about here?

Op.

Absolutely not.

So sorry, but no.

Honestly, H3 anniversary after getting MCC is probably not worth it. I would much prefer a H5 expansion. Maybe a Scorpio facelift.

jax

Banned
For the 15th anniversary of Halo 3 can we get a new Halo that takes place right after 3 without a really awful storyline? I'd be happy with a 3.5. Halo 1-3 is my favorite trilogy. 4 was a huge disappointment for me.
#retcon4

Outrun

I don't care what some janitor says, Halo 3 Anniversary makes too much damn sense m'kay?
Its 10 year anniversary coincides with the launch of a new Xbox platform? Pfffftt. Halo is the most important franchise Microsoft has.
Halo HUD was basically designed for VR, and what do you know, this new Xbox platform is also made with VR in mind. How very convenient.
The best Halo is getting Anniversary treatment and I will eat Frankie's mop if I'm wrong.

I recommend reading the Ballad of Hamish Beamish from Halo Fragments..

It really contextualizes the adversity that the janitor had to go through...

SliChillax

All of what you said means nothing in the long run if no meaningful sales are produced. I have no beef with XB exclusives shared with Windows 10, but even I am doubtful that MS will continue if there's no profit is to be made.
It's up to them to make profit. If they keep releasing games on their incredibly shitty store which no one wants to use or release incredibly buggy titles with shitty performance (which sometimes it's their owns UWP fault) then they can keep their games on the Xbox for all I care.

Master Chief Collection relaunch - September 25th 2017.

Free graphical anniversary remaster patched into Halo 3, finally and definitively fix all the server and balance issues along with other bugs and missing features.

Upgrade digital copies to Xbox play anywhere and release a PC version and Scorpio patch.

I can dream.

Honestly, I'd take this if only to have the population bumped up again with some new patches.

Halo 3's campaign aged fairly well in the graphics department anyway.

:(

crush.jpg

how many people are there dreaming of a remaster to the worst halo game.

The MP has aged so poorly.

Cyclone

We can't have HW2, Halo 6, and then H3A in between. Too many releases, you gotta build up hype. That'd be announcing and releasing every 6 months.

Besides, only ODST 2 will make Halo great again. #2019 #plsFrank

God please no, there's more than enough Halo as it is.

Instead, what they should do is 100% fix The MCC, including a 4K Scorpio patch in time for release. Plus Win10 store.

And when I say fix, I mean fix. As in 100% locked 60fps and 0 bugs across every game in the collection.

Then make it free with every new Xbox purchased for the rest of time. Redeem themselves a bit.

HiiiLife

Just fucking fix MCC
Those idiots would ruin H3A
I remember I bought an Xbox just for this.

Then sold it a couple weeks later. What a shitty launch for Microsofts most beloved franchise. Straight tarnish.

Then I bought another Xbox for Gears.

Except Gears 4 works.

Lmao.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
To be honest the only thing I'd really like is ODSTs firefight back. Not a huge fan of ODSTs single player but its firefight was ace. Neither Halo Reach's or Halo 5's are as good IMO so I'd like it back.

TheXbox

All I want is for them to fix the H3 port on MCC. I feel like I've been harping on the aiming and the lighting for years (actually, I have) but nothing gets done. Alas.

Electret

All I want is for them to fix the H3 port on MCC. I feel like I've been harping on the aiming and the lighting for years (actually, I have) but nothing gets done. Alas.

Respectfully, why would they? I don't get why anyone's holding out hope for this. They didn't care enough to release a working product in the first place. The damage to the Halo brand is done, and they've got our money. Any fixes now would have only a fraction of the positive impact a fix would have closer to release, both in terms of reception and new revenue. There just isn't a business case.

Izuna

Banned
Op.

Absolutely not.

So sorry, but no.

crushed

dreams

Varg

Banned
That post that was added to the op means nothing . Stinkles has been caught lying out his ass before regarding hiding stuff about halo projects. The MCC relaunch would be a great idea.

Mcc was not Halo 2 Anniversary. And you'll notice how carefully it's phrased and get why containing a secret but larger project/announcement is to put it bluntly, normal business.

However this is very straightforward : we are not currently planning to release what you'd consider either standalone or bundled h3 anniversary or h3 anything.

Interchanging "Halo 2: Anniversary" and "MCC" in my prior response really doesn't change what I said.

SpartanN92

Banned
Op.

Absolutely not.

So sorry, but no.

Frankie if what you say is true then I'm not gonna lie... this is a major blow.

I miss classic H2/H3 style multiplayer and maps and there isn't a place to really get that because MCC is basically just a monument to Q/A's sins.

I miss classic H2/H3 style multiplayer and maps and there isn't a place to really get that because MCC is basically just a monument to Q/A's sins.
Halo 3 works fine on TMCC and wins a majority of the votes in Team Slayer and BTB.

If Halo 3 is what you want to play, you shouldn't have much difficulty doing so. Now if you're trying to play Halo CE BTB or 4v4s.. Good luck.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

I think you mean management sins, in rushing MCC out for release. Don't be blaming those poor Q/A bastards who very likely found everything and logged it, bust a gut to find them and then have all their work ignored because Microsoft to rush a release for xmas.

Top Bottom