• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 Classic Multiplayer in 1080p/60fps IGN First

Tegernako

Banned
So, on this whole medal fiasco. I get that we can turn them off, and I'm very, very grateful for that. That being said, my question is why are they there in the first place, and why so many? Does a routine kill that earns zero medals in Halo 2 really need to suddenly earn five medals?

It seems to me that the overuse of medals ultimately devalues them. If every kill spits out a medal and you've got fifty plus of them at the end of the game, it's going to be kind of hard to care about them at all.
You can take the time to post the screen shot but you can't take time to look at the medals? Does it look like he got a splatter? The medals are glitched.

Take a look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhxigV04Vbc

You can clearly see the medals are glitched, it looks to be a similar build.

wwm0nkey

Love that we can click and achievement and be set to do it as soon as it's clicked on. Also the rival and leaderboards are cool as hell!

Rivals are excellent, the whole campaign scoring system seems incredibly well fleshed out. Also, H4 looks just about as gorgeous as you'd expect at 1080p, but damn those youtube compression artifacts. Stinkles, if you're still around, any chance we could get some b-roll on Gamersyde or something?

Best Bungie game that is gonna get released this year.

0UBgW.gif

<3 you halo2

Thats genius and makes me wonder why no other game does it that way, it should be the standard!
Great job there 343i, this game gets better and better with every detail (literally)

Thinking about this gets me so hyped beyond words but at the same time, I get a minor anxiety attack trying to figure out what the hell I'm going to play first.

Anyways, 3 questions I still haven't had answered.

1) Are Halo 3 and Halo 4 now internally rendering at 1080p or are they simply displaying at 1080p.

2) Will the game-specific playlists be switched out at any time to make room for new playlists?
Don't. Do. This.

3) Have the games had their button prompts updated to the Xbox One buttons? In previous builds like the Halo 3 Campaign footage, it showed the old 360 button display. Not game breaking by any means but it'd nice to have kept the old buttons in as a little nostalgic nod.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I don't even know what I want to do first with this game.

1. Do I drown in a wave of online multiplayer content I've never experienced?
2. Do I revisit Halo 2 Anniversary to check out the new revamped goodness?
3. Do I check out Halo Anniversary since I've never seen it?
4. Do I go for Halo 3?

My head hurts.

4. Do I go for Halo 3?

My head hurts.

Play Halo 2 online and relive all the glory.

4. Do I go for Halo 3?

My head hurts.

Play through each campaign in order, but between each one jump into that game's online playlist for a good two years

4. Do I go for Halo 3?

My head hurts.

i'm just going to focus on halo 2 anniversary after i pop my head in to check the other stuff out.

HGStormy

Banned
I have one question about this game: Are the control scheme options going to be standardized between all the games? I know they changed up the configurations a bunch in Halo 4. Are we going to see the same button layout options for all games?

Bsigg12

What does that mean? I don't like look at achievements beforehand so that's why I ask.

So if you're looking at the list of achievements from inside the game menu, if you press A on an achievement, it will automatically move you into the game/mode/playlist (with modifiers if necessary) that the achievement requires to unlock it. So rather than looking up an achievement and then setting it all up manually, they have already done it for us.

E92 M3

So if you're looking at the list of achievements from inside the game menu, if you press A on an achievement, it will automatically move you into the game/mode/playlist (with modifiers if necessary) that the achievement requires to unlock it. So rather than looking up an achievement and then setting it all up manually, they have already done it for us.

Oh thanks - that's pretty cool! They're really going all out with this one. Haven't seen such a value proposition since the Orange Box. This is even better.

Bsigg12

Bloodline walkthrough tomorrow. Livestream next Wednesday. Halo 3 and 4 next week.

Besides the bunker in the middle, I wonder what else is different in Bloodline. Also, I hope there is an interactive element since Warlord (the Warlock remake) doesn't seem to having anything special like the shield on new Ascension or ice on new Lockout.

Besides the bunker in the middle, I wonder what else is different in Bloodline. Also, I hope there is an interactive element since Warlord (the Warlock remake) doesn't seem to having anything special like the shield on new Ascension or ice on new Lockout.
I guess you could say the sentinel beam in the middle is the new thing for warlord, though it's just a weapon.

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member
i need this game D': can i get an early digital copy, of this amazing game collection Stinkles :')
Even though i already pre-ordered like 2 one for my brother and one for me :) but i have to say great job 343i team.
We need to see more collections like this right guys :) next! its halo reach, halo wars, halo odst collection lol jk jk :p i wish. :/

Source

If only I had the monies for an Xbox One/Halo MCC. This is the first time I'll miss out on a major Halo launch since the original Halo. Feels bad, man.

trixx

how is this game selling for $60, damn. I wish i could get but it would mean cancelling smash, pokemon/captain toad, bayonetta and some games for next year

how is this game selling for $60, damn. I wish i could get but it would mean cancelling smash, pokemon/captain toad, bayonetta and some games for next year

The way I'm looking at it, this game is $460, and I'm really considering it right now.

Ugh...buying a console for a remastered collection, is that what it's come to?

The way I'm looking at it, this game is $460, and I'm really considering it right now.

Ugh...buying a console for a remastered collection, is that what it's come to?

The gamechanger of remastered collections. Nothing else will look the same, everything new will be held to this standard.

Top Bottom