• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 - Media blow out

Happens constantly. GoW II was a big "how the fuck...ps2...wut?" Resistance to Last of Us and GoW Ascension for PS3 and PDZ, etc. to Halo 4 for the 360.

Sure, that's why I'm looking forward to the next E3 and all the reactions to launch titles, it's bound to be entertaining in multiple ways.

It's not even the most technically stunning game on consoles, that's the funny part of it all.

That's debatable. It's certainly at the very top with a few others, although it's impossible to pin down just one game because all of them are excelling in some things, while making compromises in other areas (CryEngine 3's amazing technology marred by subpar performance immediately comes to mind).

and the fact the game actually has an art style now.

I already stated my opinion on that, and Bungie deserves just as much credit as 343i and companies those people come from do.

Alienups

Some of the textures are meh but the overall visual package is really impressive.

Makes you wonder what other beauties we would have gotten if MS had some more first party teams.

Majanew

Banned
New logo wouldn't look bad if it wasn't for the terrible art design.

KPOnJ.png

Majanew

Banned
Promethean skull on a hardlight shield. Eh, there's worse things in life.

It's not what it is, it's how it looks. Looks like cheap clip art. Just canceled my preorder. Corrinne Yu's new lighting model and facial animations took resources away from the Legendary logo. Unacceptable.

It's not what it is, it's how it looks. Looks like cheap clip art. Just canceled my preorder. Corrinne Yu's new lighting model and facial animations took resources away from the Legendary logo. Unacceptable.

Yeah, it does. But this is Halo 4 we're talking about: the game that replaced Spartans with Gundams and Jackals with Godzilla-spawn. I've stopped caring about it: I just want it to play well at this point.

Woorloog

Banned
Where to start... I guess i'll read IGN articles and see if they have anything stupid to say. Could use a couple of laughs.

I always thought Halo took a lot of inspiration from Iain Banks' Culture novels, and the ship names are among the best parts of this.
Pillar of Autumn, Truth and Reconciliation, Forward unto Dawn and Shadow of Intent are all pretty awesome names. I remember the first two really struck me when I first played Halo back in the day.

The grunt mepthane backpacks looks like retarded octopi
Jesus. Will never unsee. Thanks a lot !

Ya know, I always expected good graphics coming from this team...
but not THIS.

Un-freaking-believable from they have pulled off, it looks so good.

This will be the Xbox 360's swan song.

GhaleonEB

I'm impressed with both the scale and detail. The visual leap from Reach is enormous.

ibiBTfmmF419FN.gif

As I understand it, this is a pretty massive vehicle section, and it takes place fairly early in the game. Just from what we can see here, the level is enormous. Reminds me of some of the cut ideas for Reach.

I found this image literally jaw dropping. The detail combined with the visual style made it look like a painting, concept art.

Dominion sounds interesting. From the video on the 1st page, there are some interesting design decisions, such as granting the team that loses all the bases overshields so they have a shot at cracking one. Seems like a fair way to tip things given the team with the upgraded bases have a large advantage.

It sounds like a cross between Invasion and Territories. I like it. Kill cams, final death cam replays for everyone are nice touches. This is turning into a most impressive package.

GolazoDan

Preordered the shit out of this after some of these recent videos. I've never really played Halo before but this looks awesome, loads of fun. Might go for a special edition too.

broony

I'm impressed with both the scale and detail. The visual leap from Reach is enormous.

ibiBTfmmF419FN.gif

As I understand it, this is a pretty massive vehicle section, and it takes place fairly early in the game. Just from what we can see here, the level is enormous. Reminds me of some of the cut ideas for Reach.

I think that is from Spartan Ops, based on the desciptions of the missions they played. That is maybe more impressive for me, considering this is an 'extra' to the game rather than the main campaign.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
I think that is from Spartan Ops, based on the desciptions of the missions they played. That is maybe more impressive for me, considering this is an 'extra' to the game rather than the main campaign.

Yep, that's from Land Grab, a SpOp mission.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
the new map, solace, looks great. really dig that it seems to have taken its design (the forerunner structure itself but even more the jungle and "atmosphere") from halo 2. looks very grounded to the series.

all the revealed maps look good. i'm excited.

also, dominion sounds great. a bit of a mix of invasion and a more traditional capture territories gametype.

I'm liking this map. Seems to have a good flow. Also I have noticed a nice lack of run, run, run, melee, melee, melee. Much more shooting and less trying to backsmack everyone.

there seems to be a LOT of bad players in these videos and of course at any of the hands on events. i hope the rush + melee isnt as powerful, but i wouldnt count on it based on what we've seen and what some (you iirc) have played.

Top Bottom