• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Superbouncing increased your velocity dramatically. They should just make it that if your spartan reaches that velocity you spontaneously combust into beautiful fireworks.

>If "Velocity x"
>Then "Grunts_Birthday"

Give me the reigns, I'll finish the code on the game.

Ampoc

Neo Member
WOW. I am so pumped right now. Just saw all the trailers and such. Halo 2 Anni looks amazing. Halo 5 seems like it'll have an epic story. But one thing is on my mind right now.

Will Halo 5 actually have Halo music?

RdN

So, there's 2 player coop for Halo 2 over Xbox Live?

If so, does it benefits from Dedicated Servers? (this would apply to other coops too).

Woorloog

Banned
For quality and quantity, that's Halo 2.

If they're remaking 6 maps for that reimagined mode, i very much doubt it will have enough BTB maps. 6 BTB maps is the minimum i'd like to have (after having to deal with Reach where my match history is like "Hemorrhage, Hemorrhage, Hemorrhage, Hemorrhage..." and Halo 4 where it is "Ragnarok, Exile, Ragnarok, Exile, some-shit-map-whose-name-i-don't-recall").

My questions for 343 so far:

1. Has Halo 2's music been given the orchestra treatment like Halo 1's for its Anniversary?
2. How's theater going to work, exactly? Uploaded to Waypoint all in one place? Theater is only available for Halo 3/4.

Woorloog

Banned
Would anyone actually play 4 multiplayer again anyway?

If i had to choose between Halo 2 MP with glitches and Halo 4 MP, i'd choose 4. Or if i had to choose between Reach and 4.
But fortunately this issue doesn't exists... assuming Halo MCC will have pure playlists for each game.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Questions for Frank, Tashi and crew:
1. What patch version of Halo 2 will it be?
2. Will there be any VA changes for Halo 2?
3. Is the campaign gameplay of Halo 2 untouched?
4. Will the collection be the only way to watch the episodes of Nightfall?
5. When can we see an in game [non-theatre] screenshot / clip of Halo 3?
6. Any chance of a PC version?
7. Split screen and lan functionality?

First, Happy Birthday! Gameplay for H2's campaign is not touched. It's like Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, same thing but with a super sexy coat of paint. (Seriously, insanely pretty) Nightfall will be available for purchase via Xbox Video and other VOD services. It is included with the Master Chief Collection however. The current focus for Master Chief Collection is for release on Xbox One. Yes to split-screen. Sorry that I personally can't speak to everything.

Edit:Fixed for hilarious typo

Rev3rb

First, Happy Birthday! Gameplay for H2's campaign is not touched. It's like Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, same thing but with a super sexy coat of pain. (Seriously, insanely pretty) Nightfall will be available for purchase via Xbox Video and other VOD services. It is included with the Master Chief Collection however. The current focus for Master Chief Collection is for release on Xbox One. Yes to split-screen. Sorry that I personally can't speak to everything.

Awesome.

It ruined Slayer matches. Especially on Ascension with one guy sniping everyone and telling his buddies where we were on the map at all times.

That's true, fucking Ascension. I always hated that map anyway. I still have nightmares of playing Slayer Rifles, where the guy on the other team manages to grab rockets and then the Banshee (and was therefore functionally invincible). For other maps, I remember people sniping on top of Zanzibar but that was a little less advantageous IIRC.

Personally I'd like it if the super bounce areas were all blocked off in matchmaking, I just couldn't remember what else it really affected because the horror I remember with Neutral bomb overshadowed everything else.

Booties

Banned
  1. How will the playlists be broken down? Are they going to be traditional hoppers, or lobbies you can join?
  2. Are Halo 2 maps made using the Halo 4 engine going to be separated in any way?
  3. Will theater and/or forge be updated? Will they be harmonized? I.e. Do you have to go into halo 3 to watch halo 3 film, then into halo 4 to watch halo 4 film?
  4. Are the weapon traits for the six halo 2 maps different than the HD Halo 2 maps?
  5. What is going to be the "vanilla" settings for each game? Will there be differences similar to Zero Bloom vs. Reduced Bloom?
  6. Ranked playlists? Will this be different from everything else?
  7. Any chance of Firefight being brought back?
  8. PC version?
  9. Will the overhaul to the halo 4 engine that created the halo 2 maps be used to change the base gameplay of halo 4? I.e. Will there be dual weilding in Halo 4?
  10. Are vehicles going to behave differently with these graphical changes?

First, Happy Birthday! Gameplay for H2's campaign is not touched. It's like Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, same thing but with a super sexy coat of pain. (Seriously, insanely pretty) Nightfall will be available for purchase via Xbox Video and other VOD services. It is included with the Master Chief Collection however. The current focus for Master Chief Collection is for release on Xbox One. Yes to split-screen. Sorry that I personally can't speak to everything.

Tashi nailing the dev enviornment.

Oh shit you're a community coordinator.. not sure when that happened, but grats!

DJ Gunner

That's true, fucking Ascension. I always hated that map anyway. I still have nightmares of playing Slayer Rifles, where the guy on the other team manages to grab rockets and then the Banshee (and was therefore functionally invincible). For other maps, I remember people sniping on top of Zanzibar but that was a little less advantageous IIRC.

Personally I'd like it if the super bounce areas were all blocked off in matchmaking, I just couldn't remember what else it really affected because the horror I remember with Neutral bomb overshadowed everything else.

In later playlist updates, the Banshee was removed from Ascension on Slayer BR matches, IIRC.

In later playlist updates, the Banshee was removed from Ascension on Slayer BR matches, IIRC.

Yep, which suddenly made that corner of the map pretty pointless. Good think they remade it in Reach and changed nothing except making the center static!

Seriously, fuck Ascension.

First, Happy Birthday!
Gameplay for H2's campaign is not touched. It's like Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, same thing but with a super sexy coat of pain. (Seriously, insanely pretty)
Nightfall will be available for purchase via Xbox Video and other VOD services. It is included with the Master Chief Collection however.
The current focus for Master Chief Collection is for release on Xbox One.
Yes to split-screen.
Sorry that I personally can't speak to everything.
<3

Thank you Tashi.

Tashi et al;

1. What's the dealio with how ye hope to cultivate a healthy population when you are spreading them all over the Halo frachise?

2. What's been the coolest thing you've seen so far? Interpret that as you want.

3. Why must you dangle splitscreen in fron of me like that? Long shot but, how does the collection handle it? Would Halo 2's splitscreen play better than 4's? 8 player splitscree gona be a thing in 5 now that the Xbox One can handle it?

I'm faaaar more interested in Halo and the idea of getting an Xbox One after that. Seriously. That Halo 5 mp trailer literally being an arena shooter of RvB is exactly why I loved The Pit as an aesthetic and Halo mp as a whole so much.

DJ Gunner

Yep, which suddenly made that corner of the map pretty pointless. Good think they remade it in Reach and changed nothing except making the center static!

Seriously, fuck Ascension.

I'm not sure why they didn't put the Banshee back in that map for Reach, considering it took what, four sniper shots to blow it up? And concentrated DMR fire was nearly as effective. Maybe I just answered my own question, lol.

Tawpgun

e3-2014-halo-2-anniversary-ascension-establishing---overlook-aabfa93c88754fce82fda575dce44987.jpg

That Halo Vista lookin pretty

Mistel

Banned
If i had to choose between Halo 2 MP with glitches and Halo 4 MP, i'd choose 4. Or if i had to choose between Reach and 4.
But fortunately this issue doesn't exists... assuming Halo MCC will have pure playlists for each game.
If it does have separate playlists for each game I'll find the btb playlist I enjoy most and stick with it probably. So it's probably going to be 3 I think I'll play most.
Meh. Maybe.
Instead of 2 if it's still got the glitches?

FourDoor

Oh shit you're a community coordinator.. not sure when that happened, but grats!

I was gonna say the same thing. It's been a while since I've been to good old HaloGAF... LOL

Tashi, can you confirm that the digital download of the game also includes the Halo 5 Beta and the video access?

lizardwizarding

Neo Member
This is worrying.

Esp with the rumors of the scopeless BR from the trailer.

With the beta trailer ascetic being function over form in that weird Slamball-looking arena -- maybe the BR in the future has different fire modes/attachments but you can't use more than 1.

For example the scopeless BR would function as the SMG (with that fire-rate). The scoped would have the signature fire-rate and functions, and so on. Possibly even a DMR version.

A consolidated BR so-to-speak but you wouldn't be changing attachments on the fly or anything -- you'd simply choose what you start with. It'd be no different from there being SMG's, DMR's and BR's on the map as pickups.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
e3-2014-halo-2-anniversary-ascension-establishing---overlook-aabfa93c88754fce82fda575dce44987.jpg

That Halo Vista lookin pretty

Wait until you see it in motion, it's absurd! I've spent quite some time just standing on the Banshee platform and just watching it.

I was gonna say the same thing. It's been a while since I've been to good old HaloGAF... LOL

Tashi, can you confirm that the digital download of the game also includes the Halo 5 Beta and the video access?

Confirmed.

And thank you Devin.

-- The ring rotates under the map area. It's rad.

Nice! That Halo looks really good.

Scopeless BR, meh. I doubt we will see any elaboration on that until much closer to beta, probably after MC co. launches. So I'm not jumping to any conclusions. Weapon attachments/mods jump to the forefront of my mind, though. But again, early days yet!

Wait until you see it in motion, it's absurd! I've spent quite some time just standing on the Banshee platform and just watching it.

Confirmed.

And thank you Devin.

Do the floating rocks move?
Do we have a final list of remastered maps?
When can we see more footage?
Campaign footage?

Top Bottom