• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Forge - First PC Gameplay (Custom Match + 4K Map Flythrough)

wwm0nkey

For those who are forging, there is no FoV slider, but there is a FoV filter that helps a bit, these screens were taken in the same position

eA9H47M.jpg

PXQp2A5.jpg

Is it possible to play Customs yet? Downloading it now with some of my boys
yup you have to invite them though, no browser yet.

Defect

Apparently it was only supposed to go up for people on a 'whitelist'. Tom French saying others would be banned. I think it would be such a boneheaded decision to ban people who have downloaded it through legal means. I mean it is up for a lot of people to download. Why risk negativity when you release it a day or two early? It is free. Not like you're missing out on sales etc.
So I might get banned then? :(

Frankie pls no

belushy

Banned
For those who are forging, there is no FoV slider, but there is a FoV filter that helps a bit, these screens were taken in the same position

yup you have to invite them though, no browser yet.

Dropped it down on eden and ran around for a bit and it looks pretty good with that fov. Unfortunately it messes with the ADS on most weapons.

SaberEdge

Nice. I'm really looking forward to this. I hope they'll consider bringing the other Halo games after Halo 2 to PC. I've always been one of those people that quite enjoys the campaigns.

Alright finally got downsampling working. My 980ti is running this at Ultra 4k, rock solid 60fps

Here's 1 screen for now. Image quality is a huge night and day difference from the Xbone when downsampling

28889530614_71b4906991_o.png

Madness

What the fuckis with these devs putting FPS games on PC without a FoV slider? Bethesda especially, absolutely ridiculous.

Well it is a forge tool for free. I agree though FoV sliders needed especially as H5 FoV very limited. Maybe in due time. Remember it hasn't even officially come out yet.

Alright finally got downsampling working. My 980ti is running this at Ultra 4k, rock solid 60fps

Here's 1 screen for now. Image quality is a huge night and day difference from the Xbone when downsampling

Awesome pic thank you for sharing it, can I ask you one question please? do you know if Shadowplay works with Halo 5 Forge? I really need to know

Madness

That is beautiful. Can't wait for Scorpio to launch and then having the ability to have Halo 6 utilize that much power with the PC port. Halo will return to glorious eye candy. They got the gameplay and design down. Now time to fine tune and turn up the polish. Cant wait for 4K/30fps campaign and possibly 1440p/60fps multiplayer or whatever they decide.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Lol what the hell? My PC was so screwed that the auto updater flat out gave up and never detected the anniversary update.

Why is the FoV so low in those video's? I am getting headaches already the weapons take half the screen up..

Halo has always had shit FoV.

That is beautiful. Can't wait for Scorpio to launch and then having the ability to have Halo 6 utilize that much power with the PC port. Halo will return to glorious eye candy. They got the gameplay and design down. Now time to fine tune and turn up the polish. Cant wait for 4K/30fps campaign and possibly 1440p/60fps multiplayer or whatever they decide.

There's no way they'd go back to 30fps if they already had 60 on the One.

JDB

Banned
Lol what the hell? My PC was so screwed that the auto updater flat out gave up and never detected the anniversary update.
Never automatically downloaded the Anniversary update for me and a bunch of other people either. Just manually downloading it using the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant worked, though.

Madness

Halo has always had shit FoV.

There's no way they'd go back to 30fps if they already had 60 on the One.

60fps was near useless in campaign and also created a few more issues. I say campaign usually eye candy, don't mind a drop to 30fpa for greater visual fidelity. Keep MP locked 60fps. Just saying. That is something they could try and do.

https://mobile.twitter.com/pardontomfrench/status/773403132340629504

Also this should assuage fears about a possible ban. Seems Tom didn't know it was available for download to public.

Fret

so can anyone else still not download it? says download not available. tried changing my region too, nothing works.

Pachimari

so can anyone else still not download it? says download not available. tried changing my region too, nothing works.

They seem to have taken it down.

How do I downsample it?

60fps was near useless in campaign and also created a few more issues. I say campaign usually eye candy, don't mind a drop to 30fpa for greater visual fidelity. Keep MP locked 60fps. Just saying. That is something they could try and do.

https://mobile.twitter.com/pardontomfrench/status/773403132340629504

Also this should assuage fears about a possible ban. Seems Tom didn't know it was available for download to public.

You realise one of the reasons every one thinks Halo 5 feels so good to play is because 60fps right? Less input latency and smoother visuals = a better experience all round.

They'll probably go 60fps with dynamic scaling from 1080p to 4k.

As a long time Halo fan dear god this is a dream come true. To see Halo with such good image quality THANK YOU 343 for finally making this happen!!

Some more 4k downsampled shots

29225095900_0a2d8709b9_o.png

28892644243_78d12d1f81_o.png

29514823295_b61066f614_o.png

29406115892_6c6756563c_o.png

Top Bottom