• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians - New Video/Trailer/"whatever-this-is" coming in 24 hours

Dayum.

Animation was a little floaty in a few spots, and there are some dead-eye frames, and some streamers while the spartans free fall would've been a nice touch, but overall that was top notch work. 4/6.

I miss the old iconic Halo music tho :/

Christof

Neo Member
I am in for the Collectors Edition if you tell me it has a behind-the-scenes showing Fillion's motion capture for Buck's jump out of the Pelican

VinFTW

Dayum.

Animation was a little floaty in a few spots, and there are some dead-eye frames, and some streamers while the spartans free fall would've been a nice touch, but overall that was top notch work. 4/6.

I miss the old iconic Halo music tho :/

You may want to search Youtube ;)

Vire

After watching that I'm starting to wish they went with 30 fps for single player and pushed visuals like that. Stunning.

Looks great. The music is awesome. Dont see Master Chief anywhere, I guess we'll play as both MC and Osiris peeps? Havent been following this game at all.

The running looked really floaty though. All the chaos in the background was cool but I couldnt help but notice that.

Holy crap, that trailer was damn awesome. As badass as it was though, I don't think I would place it above the Halo 4 opening cinematic, which I felt was a lot more epic in nature, but this was pretty awesome nonetheless.

And, really, it shouldn't even be a thing that is meant to be compared. They are two different story focuses, which both call for a different type of mood and subject matter in the opening cinematic. I was always concerned that Vale would end up killing a member of Blue Team in the final game, and this cinematic makes me even more worried concerning that particular fact.

belushy

Banned
Looks great. The music is awesome. Dont see Master Chief anywhere, I guess we'll play as both MC and Osiris peeps? Havent been following this game at all.

The running looked really floaty though. All the chaos in the background was cool but I couldnt help but notice that.

Chief and Locke.

kadotsu

Banned
Very cool. But there is the old character action cutscene problem where I wish that I was playing the moment they jump out of that ship.

rokkerkory

Wat sprinkles got medium muscles

3AKVdmr.jpg

#spartan

Also, and a little bit of a nitpick, the facial performance capture looked like a bit of a stepdown from the stuff seen in Halo 4, especially compared to that game's opening cinematic. Anyone else get that impression also?

Locke and Buck seemed a little weird to me. The best done ones appeared to be Palmer and Laskey. Anyone else get that impression, too?

TeRey09

OM MY GOD that was beautiful. I love the sense of speed and how powerful the Spartans are.

This is how a SUPER SOLDIER should operate!!!!!!!!!!

Was that all done in-house?

I remember some old Halo 4 articles talking about 343's cinematics team, and hot damn did Halo 4 and Spartan Ops have some great CG bits.

Hastati

They REALLY hit it out of the park with this one. I've been following the Halo hype machine up til release for years, but this one takes the cake for me. Just pure unadulterated epic. I hope the campaign matches up to this level of awesome madness :)

Nowise10

Why would Halsey want to work with them about the attacks, when in the ending of Spops she seemed to want revenge. Or is that the point that we know Halsey is up to something, and they don't?

I mean - that was undeniably cool, but the continued focus on Osiris and action makes me hope they're just trying to keep the overarching plot and Chief's story stuff under wraps until release.

No matter how cool you try to make Osiris etc look, I'm coming to Halo 5 to find out what's happening with the Chief and Cortana.

Just amazing, would have maybe prefer a true campaign trailer instead of the intro cutscene but that's more than fine to me. I also hope the blue team will have awesome moments like this one too. Anyway congrats 343i, I am hyped as hell. Still the game is so far yet :(

They can't show too much of Blue Team just yet. Saving the best for last. ;)

Honestly, the less I know going in regarding MC, the better.

Akai__

Why would Halsey want to work with them about the attacks, when in the ending of Spops she seemed to want revenge. Or is that the point that we know Halsey is up to something, and they don't?

And this is a perfect example of why outsorcing the Halsey story to Halo Escalation was a bad idea. I'm currently reading it and they are a coupple of issues away from fully revealing the things that will most likely be important in Halo 5 and will answer your question.

I mean, if you were captured by a religious zealot such as Jul M'dama, you might think it's a good idea to demonstrate a healthy grudge or animosity towards humanity also. I'm sure some of her anger was most definitely legitimate, but I also know she's a lot more logical and cerebral than to just be driven exclusively by the raw emotions centered around her anger. The few exceptions to this rule may just be whenever her Spartans are involved.

Edit: Shoutout to all involved in that incredible, incredible music. The biggest standout in the entire trailer for me, I think.

LordOfChaos

That trailer was good at showing how fast Spartan reaction times and thinking are supposed to be. It was like the late Marty Oum's Haloid animation in that.

They can't show too much of Blue Team just yet. Saving the best for last. ;)
That teaser from a million years ago with the Chief in robes holding a thingamabob and what looks like a giant War Sphinx rising from the sands has had my interest piqued for what feels like forever now.

But I can wait :)

Thanks for the heads up, Sprinkles. It's been an awesome 14 years, and this time of year always brings back great memories.

Top Bottom