• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

HRA announcement for E3 hype!

We had Memories of Reach though.

BizzyBum

Seriously, Breakout is an absolutely brutal mode. It might be okay if 343 removed all these fucking dumb power weapons off the maps like the Hydra, Plasma Caster, camo...

This shit has no place in a supposedly competitive mode.. lol

Madness

I want to see some tinkering with breakout. What if they kept regular killtimes but did not allow regeneration, or regular breakout but they allow a 5 second before death revive period like campaign etc.

I wonder how many maps we will get with firefight update.

4? (1 warzone, 1 warzone assault, 1 remix, 1 new arena)
200 reqs? (armor, emblems, skins, varients)
Ui update?
In game file browsing update?

Anywho, im hoping it also adresses the servers. Just weird why halo 5 has so many server issue...

Welfare

Weren't we promised 6 new Warzone maps by the end of June? We should be getting Darkstar's Assault variant and a new maps plus its assault variant next update.

Computron

Finished 1-5 and just now finished Reach. Damn Reach and its ending was badass.

Framerate was bad throughout, sometimes in the single digits and the game was being played slow-mo, which would probably make for a cool full-speed replay on an actual 360 in theatre mode, due to popping off all theses headshots with the extra aim time.

At the end, the lighting would turn off on the terrain and come back on a minute later but otherwise pretty impressive emulation. everything else seemed present and fully reproduced. Maybe the Xbox Scorpio will take it to 30FPS or hell, if this ever gets on a capable platform, 60 would be amazing.

Computron

Holy shit forge world is amazing

The density of foliage is still unmatched. the distances are insane.

And the imposter system is also really smooth for the distant objects.

mo60

I was really lucky today and got two killing frenzies in two different warzone matches today. Almost broke 30 kills in the second match I got a killing frenzy in today.

First match
Screenshot-Original.png

Second match
Screenshot-Original.png

In the second match I got a killing frenzy in today I used one of the random req weapon cards and spawned a scorpion and camped near the spire which the enemy team controlled.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/mo999999999/video/18257284

Trup1aya

Does anyone recall the names of some of the 3rd party devs Bungie/343 contracted on Halo development? Specifically MP map development

I was really lucky today and got two killing frenzies in two different warzone matches today. Almost broke 30 kills in the second match I got a killing frenzy in today.

First match
Screenshot-Original.png

Second match
Screenshot-Original.png

In the second match I got a killing frenzy in today I used one of the random req weapon cards and spawned a scorpion and camped near the spire which the enemy team controlled.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/mo999999999/video/18257284

Tangential, but new post-game screen is so gorgeous.

singhr1

The colors and clarity I miss.

You mean the lack of colors? Its just greens and grays. Looking at forge from any past halo game now seems so inadequate

Its crazy how H5 forge is one of the most next gen aspects of Halo 5 (especially coming off the improvements in H2A)

Fuchsdh

You mean the lack of colors? Its just greens and grays. Looking at forge from any past halo game now seems so inadequate

Its crazy how H5 forge is one of the most next gen aspects of Halo 5 (especially coming off the improvements in H2A)
Forge World is still an incredible vista, but yeah maps were just formless blue-grey shapes. Going back to no shadows feels like more than a console generation behind.

singhr1

Forge World is still an incredible vista, but yeah maps were just formless blue-grey shapes. Going back to no shadows feels like more than a console generation behind.

Still love the reveal trailer. The scale is still incredible. Surprised Bungie didn't try anything like it with Destiny PvP to fill in the gaps between the fully featured content updates.

But then you hear about how difficult the Destiny rendering engine workflow is to work with and then realize that it would be very difficult to implement on the current engine iteration

Akai__

So, with the next Xbox One update, you can download your clips to your W10 device, edit them in Sony Vegas (etc.) and reupload them to your feed. That means you can basically create montages and share them on your feed.

The whole update is pretty crazy.

Fuchsdh

Still love the reveal trailer. The scale is still incredible. Surprised Bungie didn't try anything like it with Destiny PvP to fill in the gaps between the fully featured content updates.

But then you hear about how difficult the Destiny rendering engine workflow is to work with and then realize that it would be very difficult to implement on the current engine iteration
That still amazes me. I understand the bootstrapping nature of game development but if you are starting on a new game series you intend on adding to for years you think you wouldn't have screwed the pooch so badly on your pipelines.

IHaveIce

Banned
Halo feels the complete example of unfun after Overwatch.

It is also the complete example of laggy mess after Overwatch.

well fun is subjective. I can achieve fun in both games, both can also have deastrous rounds where I think how fucking broken these games are.

If you get lag in Overwatch ( which I had already) it is really annoying since it feels like a huge delay from button prompts unlike Halo's where I only have teleporting ppl.

Though Overwatch's spectator mode is so much better.

well fun is subjective. I can achieve fun in both games, both can also have deastrous rounds where I think how fucking broken these games are.

If you get lag in Overwatch ( which I had already) it is really annoying since it feels like a huge delay from button prompts unlike Halo's where I only have teleporting ppl.

Though Overwatch's spectator mode is so much better.

Well yeah. For the second part I can't have even one night without connection failures, lag fests, mid-game disconnects and REQ failures on Halo 5. On the other hand I can count the number of connection issues in Overwatch with less than five fingers for the ten days it launched. Even if I did have some iffy games in Overwatch it corrects itself in a minute, on Halo 5? Good luck connecting back in an hour. Probably will just finish placement matches this month and play nothing till Firefight.

jem0208

I do not understand the hype Overwatch is getting.

It just seems like an anime version of TF2 with more abilities, there's nothing satisfying about the gameplay at all IMO.

IHaveIce

Banned
Well yeah. For the second part I can't have even one night without connection failures, lag fests, mid-game disconnects and REQ failures on Halo 5. On the other hand I can count the number of connection issues in Overwatch with less than five fingers for the ten days it launched. Even if I did have some iffy games in Overwatch it corrects itself in a minute, on Halo 5? Good luck connecting back in an hour. Probably will just finish placement matches this month and play nothing till Firefight.

I had no midgame disconnect in Halo 5 since december and that was due to my Network. All H5 connection issues I have nowadays are only there when I play against US folks. Anything else is most of the time Xbox live which is down not Halo 5.

REQ failures though I give you that

Ryde3

Ui update?

Anywho, im hoping it also adresses the servers. Just weird why halo 5 has so many server issue...

That would be awesome - hoping for even more tbh haha

singhr1

I had no midgame disconnect in Halo 5 since december and that was due to my Network. All H5 connection issues I have nowadays are only there when I play against US folks. Anything else is most of the time Xbox live which is down not Halo 5.

REQ failures though I give you that

The only problems I have with H5 currently are:

Post-game REQ and REQ points don't always update until after another match is complete
Crashes while opening REQ packs occasionally
Crashes while viewing Theater films occasionally
Random short freezes during Warzone match (much more often then before, at least a few times a match now)

I don't do enough customs or forge to know the status of those but customs disconnects and some forge issues do persist based on what I've seen/heard

Ryde3

Yo I just played Halo for the first time since OW came out and it definitely felt SLOW!

The fps, game speed, ttk, and aiming lol

Going to be hard to bounce between both man.

Trup1aya

It just seems like an anime version of TF2 with more abilities, there's nothing satisfying about the gameplay at all IMO.

I actually second this. I really don't see what all the fuss is about... And I actually liked TF2 quite a bit.

wwm0nkey

I actually second this. I really don't see what all the fuss is about... And I actually liked TF2 quite a bit.
It's a hero shooter with characters people like. I prefer arena shooters but Overwatch is still fun and it's not too hard to see why others like it

Ui update?

That would be awesome - hoping for even more tbh haha

Yeah....I'm gonna dial my hype way below this. I don't see this being reasonable to expect

Yeah....I'm gonna dial my hype way below this. I don't see this being reasonable to expect

Yeah, I've gotten myself to expect less and be pleasantly surprised if there's more.

Well they said it is the biggest update for h5 ever. So they have to have something more than what we have had already in an update. This is e3, they have to show glits and glamour for their prized baby. It could be less, but what i put is the LEAST i expect to have any positive reaction. If it is less, might as well leace h5 dad and silently work on h6.

maybe im just a dik

So, with the next Xbox One update, you can download your clips to your W10 device, edit them in Sony Vegas (etc.) and reupload them to your feed. That means you can basically create montages and share them on your feed.

The whole update is pretty crazy.

I wish i could see it. no invite yet as im not a high point preview member :(

Are the details in the preview xbox forum or a special one for thie 'latest' update?

Because it's a fast paced fun team orientated game you god damn neanderthral!

On consoles, probably the best since BC2 when it comes to team play.

:D

Akai__

Wow, I didn't even realize that Monopoli found a new skip on Halo 2 - Gravemind (Prison Skip) last month. Pretty crazy that they are still finding those for a game that is now 12 years old.

I wish i could see it. no invite yet as im not a high point preview member :(

Are the details in the preview xbox forum or a special one for thie 'latest' update?

They posted a blog post and we have a thread over here.

And it's only the 1st half of updates. The 2nd one will be probably revealed at E3 with huge announcements according to sources.

Wow, I didn't even realize that Monopoli found a new skip on Halo 2 - Gravemind (Prison Skip) last month. Pretty crazy that they are still finding those for a game that is now 12 years old.

They posted a blog post and we have a thread over here.

And it's only the 1st half of updates. The 2nd one will be probably revealed at E3 with huge announcements according to sources.

Ah okay, thanks. just read up on them. Interesting.

Akai__

They recently figured out a way to hijack a Banshee on AOTCR so you don't even have to do a bridge descent anymore. People can still pull new stuff out of these games, it's pretty incredible.

You what? Holy crap.

Oh my. Just found it. Seems too ridiculous to pull of. Some weird AI manipulation going on, but still incredible.

Fuchsdh

You what? Holy crap.

Oh my. Just found it. Seems too ridiculous to pull of. Some weird AI manipulation going on, but still incredible.

All the stuff that Bad Cyborg does with setting up huge battles the game was never designed to have, exploiting the AI and checkpoint systems are pretty incredible. The guy is still doing new videos at a regular clip on PAL OG CE. http://www.badcyborg.net

Good afternoon everybody we are only 7 days away for E3 2016! :D, and the Master Chief has given me his blessing once again on my Youtube channel ;)

OhQxaQy.png

wwm0nkey

So what all are you guys expecting for E3?

Halo Wars 2 and Firefight/Content update are a given, but I'm expecting another announcement that would give them an excuse to put Halo 5 on PC (expansion to Halo 5 for XBO/Win 10)

link1201

So what all are you guys expecting for E3?

Halo Wars 2 and Firefight/Content update are a given, but I'm expecting another announcement that would give them an excuse to put Halo 5 on PC (expansion to Halo 5 for XBO/Win 10)
I'm not expecting it but I'd love to see an ODST type expansion or a Spartan Ops season.

Top Bottom