• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Madness

They're saving you from yourself.

I've already spent more on H5 than the rest of the Halo's combined, and I don't want to spend any more, but they should have dropped gold pack prices down to spur some sales. Imagine if they went down to $3.43 a gold pack for that anniversary, how much they could have made. But they probably have data or tracking for these things.

I've already spent more on H5 than the rest of the Halo's combined, and I don't want to spend any more, but they should have dropped gold pack prices down to spur some sales. Imagine if they went down to $3.43 a gold pack for that anniversary, how much they could have made. But they probably have data or tracking for these things.
Probably would have fewer sales since I'm pretty sure the regular price is only $2.99........

Edit: Also get hyped for HCS Las Vegas in an hour!

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Had an awesome Arena match last night. I was playing with my brother and it was our first match and as it was loading there was at least a team of three on the other side and just as the match started a guy on our team bailed.

We got off to s brutal start, I was 0-6, they had over a ten kill lead followed by some tea bags. Then we started to trade kills followed by myself going on a kill streak with the sword and fuel rod. Before we knew it we tied the game. We kept trading kills till 47-47, went into OT and we somehow clutched out the win.

Super satisfying to beat a team that not only had a huge lead but were cocky.

Next game we had two more quitters......

HTupolev

Man, playing MCC and your field of vision feels so restricted after coming from H5. It's been too long since I've played.
I'm assuming you're referring to Halo 3 in particular?

I haven't actually measured FoV for all of the modes in MCC, but I thought they were (mostly) the same as the original games. And Halo 5's FoV isn't unusually high.

I'm assuming you're referring to Halo 3 in particular?

I haven't actually measured FoV for all of the modes in MCC, but I thought they were (mostly) the same as the original games. And Halo 5's FoV isn't unusually high.

Oh I'm sure they're the same, my perception just feels off going from H5 to the older ones. H3 is definitely the worst offender. H2:A seems okay. Those are the only ones people voted for in Team Slayer when I got on.

Still got it tho:

Screenshot-Original.png

Fuchsdh

Anyone know if these FFAs are being run on the private server? just had lag/disconnect during one of them on stream.

Please add LAN to Halo 6, 343.

edit: 343 is changing again.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/quick-reflects

Josh Holmes leaving 343

Wow, Holmes was with 343 for 7 years. Feels like just yesterday they were producing those motion comics for Evolutions and building the studio.

(And depending on how you count it, come 2019 we'll have been in the 343 Halo epoch as long as we were the Bungie Halo period.)

Madness

Josh was a great guy. It is a big loss for 343. Anyone notice how many times they mentioned Studio Head of FPS Game Development or 'FPS' team. I know they got Halo Wars 2 coming, but maybe there may be more non-FPS Halo in the workd at 343.

belushy

Banned
Josh was a great guy. It is a big loss for 343. Anyone notice how many times they mentioned Studio Head of FPS Game Development or 'FPS' team. I know they got Halo Wars 2 coming, but maybe there may be more non-FPS Halo in the workd at 343.

Halo Moba

been having a lot of fun playing it again after a long hiatus. Does anyone here play Halo 5: Forge on PC?

i did when it launched, not anymore though.

too many annoying lobbies full of effing mongoose sumo match after match after match...

after a few days straight playing customs on PC, all i wanted was to play some fking team arena.

found it really annoying [also lots of fking customs where people remove all spartan abilities and just play fking forged H3 maps...]

I've mentioned it before, but 343's team did an incredible job transitioning from Halo 4 to Halo 5.
They really did respond to most critiques on every aspect of the game, and I imagine Josh had a lot to do with that.
He's also been active in various Halo social communities and on Twitter.

I thank him for that and wish him the best in the future!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Anyone know if these FFAs are being run on the private server? just had lag/disconnect during one of them on stream.

Network setup for mainstage was causing some issues - other stations not on mainstage were just fine. The team already reworked it so we should be good for the rest of the weekend.

Glass

Josh always came off really well in the ViDocs, always hard to tell what contribution individual people played without being behind the scenes, but will be sad to see him go.

Now I've reminded myself of them, I just want more ViDocs...

Juan

Josh was a great guy. It is a big loss for 343.

To be honest, I'm happy to hear he's leaving. From all his interventions, I have never agreed with him and liked his sayings, and I think he is one of the culprits when I say Halo went off for years (with Kenneth Scott). I'm glad to hear they both left, but that doesn't mean 343 is safe now, I still think this studio will never be able to get the mantle of Halo.

Dan Ayoub is the only exception for me.

And as always, this is of course a pov.

Makes anniversary throwback playlist.

Leaves sprint, spartan charge, and ground pound on.

Sprint isnt too bad actually. But everything frustrated the hell out of me playing that new playlist for the first time last night.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Makes anniversary throwback playlist.

Leaves sprint, spartan charge, and ground pound on.

Sprint isnt too bad actually. But everything frustrated the hell out of me playing that new playlist for the first time last night.

I don't get these comments. Go play halo ce in mcc if you want OG halo ce gameplay?

wwm0nkey

Man I remember when I met Josh Holmes on my shuttle ride to E3. Had no idea who he was until he gave me his card lol

He will be missed from 343, great dude

Madness

I don't get these comments. Go play halo ce in mcc if you want OG halo ce gameplay?

Why is go play MCC a valid statement to throw at people now. Reminds me of the same go play Halo 2 or Halo 3 during the years of Reach and 4. MCC is a dead online game with little to no population that still has many issues.

Halo 5 since launch has had several playlists where every spartan ability is there. Even SWAT. Why are so many of you against the possibility of a temporary throwback playlist actually mirroring classic gameplay. Will you really miss motion tracker that much you cannot play a few days without it, or spartan charge, sprint, or ground pound etc.

Sanjuro

I've found MCC really isn't a viable solution to much of anything. I'll play a game or two, but I'm quickly reminded that the game is broken and even if it wasn't may not have satisifed the promise.

Still, I've bought the game on three occasions I believe.

op_ivy

Why is go play MCC a valid statement to throw at people now. Reminds me of the same go play Halo 2 or Halo 3 during the yeads of Reach and 4. MCC is a dead online game with little to no population that still has many issues.

Halo 5 since launch has had several playlists where every spartan ability is there. Even SWAT. Why are so many of you against the possibility of a temporary throwback playlist actually mirroring classic gameplay. Will you really miss motion tracker that much you cannot play a few days without it, or spartan charge, sprint, or ground pound etc.

See there is a way to play ce, right now, on Mcc. It has some issues for sure, but it's playable. You can have your ce experience any time you want. This is halo 5. It has Spartan abilities. An anniversary playlist in halo 5 with a mix of both games is an interesting, but more importantly unique, experience. Take it or leave it, but don't duplicate what's already available pls.

I'm fine with the abilities being present but making the maps to scale with the originals doesn't always make sense, especially with Chill Out. The corridors opposite and connected to snipe room are way too cramped and with sprint the map has an overly chaotic feel. There's a reason they didn't just copy-paste Midship 1:1 with Truth.

See there is a way to play ce, right now, on Mcc. It has some issues for sure, but it's playable. You can have your ce experience any time you want. This is halo 5. It has Spartan abilities. An anniversary playlist in halo 5 with a mix of both games is an interesting, but more importantly unique, experience. Take it or leave it, but don't duplicate what's already available pls.
Um no that's not it. I do play mcc if I want og halo.

I'm saying is what works and what doesn't for this new Playlist that's frustrating me in my gameplay experience so far. I'm giving feedback. Sprint works and sliding does as well.

I don't understand keeping spartan charge and ground pound. It doesn't make a balanced experience imo.

I watched some videos last night of gameplay with a 4sk Halo 5 Pistol and removed Spartan Abilities; it looked really fun. The 4sk Pistol in particular looked exactly like I wanted/expected it to be, and I think it should be tested as the default H5 Pistol. I've brought it many times in theory, how I think it could help the default sandbox, so to actually see it in action gave me some confidence that it just may be a better option than it being a 5sk.

Now, while I don't hate the Spartan Abilities, I can understand the issues people take with them. The game with "Evolved" settings looks enjoyable and more in line with classic Halo. I too think we could do without sprint and clamber, but thruster is a tricky one because while I enjoy using it, I can understand how frustrating it can be for people who dislike it. That sudden change in direction is a new thing for Halo, something that impacts just about every single encounter, and if you're someone who occasionally struggles with aiming, whether due to game settings like dead zones etc. or just because you bounce between other games, everybody thrusting after you put a few shots in them can be excruciating.

On one hand I enjoy Halo 5 as is, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited for the CGB to test these settings out, and I wouldn't be surprised if they become popular enough to sway many opinions on Halo 6's design.

Sanjuro

Dear 343 Industries,

Great job with Halo 5. I love it! Awesome game. Franchise saved.

Also, can you fix everything. It's all trash.

- NeoGAF

s7mJDNf.png

Wait, so we can get REQ cards that have 4-digit REQ points? since when?! I've been playing this game almost consistently for 10 months and I never got this.

(Also last power weapon until the next content release w00t!)

Sanjuro

s7mJDNf.png

Wait, so we can get REQ cards that have 4-digit REQ points? since when?! I've been playing this game almost consistently for 10 months and I never got this.

I think that is for silver tier cards once you should be using them to buy gold? Or something like that.

Oh should've mentioned this was a gold pack, so it didn't come from a Silver pack.

Btw, a microsoft support survey is in our email boxes asking us how they did handling our gold pack purchases. I'm gonna give them a piece of my mind for having to wait 4 days now for these damned codes.

Trup1aya

s7mJDNf.png

I think that's your refund for having no more permanent items to unlock

s7mJDNf.png

It's to tell you that you bought all cards of that level, so stop haha. Think of it as a refund, since you're out of permanent REQs to unlock. If this was a silver pack, move on to gold.

EDIT: saw you said this was from a Gold pack, so yeah, you're done. If you buy gold packs now, you'll get 6000 to make up for not having anything else to unlock.

s7mJDNf.png

It means you've unlocked everything you can. You get refunds in the unlock slots once you have everything. Congrats and welcome to the club.

You should get a 6000rp refund for every gold pack from now on. You basically get REQs faster than you can use them now.

Edit: What he said ^^^. Mobile didn't update and gringo is the winner.

It's to tell you that you bought all cards of that level, so stop haha. Think of it as a refund, since you're out of permanent REQs to unlock. If this was a silver pack, move on to gold.

EDIT: saw you said this was from a Gold pack, so yeah, you're done. If you buy gold packs now, you'll get 6000 to make up for not having anything else to unlock.

Ah okay, but I still have cosmetic items to unlock so I'm guessing I have to go back to Silvers for a bit. See I really didn't follow "The System" and didn't learn about it until it was too late to do anything about it.

Nearly done with this collect-a-thon, save for Achilles and the special weapon skins and emblems.

Ah okay, but I still have cosmetic items to unlock so I'm guessing I have to go back to Silvers for a bit. See I really didn't follow "The System" and didn't learn about it until it was too late to do anything about it.

Nearly done with this collect-a-thon, save for Achilles and the special weapon skins and emblems.
Some stuff is only unlocked through commendations (emblems basically), so don't forget to take that into account.

op_ivy

I'd say the only genuinely BAD thing about h5 right now is br starts in BTB.

Some stuff is only unlocked through commendations (emblems basically), so don't forget to take that into account.

Yup, most of what you have left is likely locked behind special packs and commendations. Since you got the gold pack refund, you got everything possible to buy with standard packs.

Akai__

I'd say the only genuinely BAD thing about h5 right now is br starts in BTB.

And lack of gametypes, BTB BR starts, basically all competetive DLC maps, the whole discussion about servers, observer and theater mode being terrible and 343i introducing new bugs with almost every update.

Lets not pretend that those things aren't genuinely bad, too.

op_ivy

And lack of gametypes, BTB BR starts, basically all competetive DLC maps, the whole discussion about servers, observer and theater mode being terrible and 343i introducing new bugs with almost every update.

Lets not pretend that those things aren't genuinely bad, too.

I guess I forgot to say "imo"

Top Bottom