• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So to get this straight, since Halo 3 is not getting remastered, does that also apply to the corresponding weapons? Will they look and feel like Halo 4's weapons or will the whole graphical interface look like I've put Halo 3 into my 360?

Very nice OT and a very nice deal.

So to get this straight, since Halo 3 is not getting remastered, will the weapons look like Halo 4's weapons or will the whole graphical interface look like I've put Halo 3 into my 360?
It's running on it's original engine with a bump in resolution, fps and some slight graphical improvements such as lighting, shadows etc.

It's not done yet and they said there would be improvements. Take that for what you will I doubt it'll look as good as it could.

Thanks, hopefully that means optimization and some additional effects or AA implementation. Either way, I've never experienced Halo 2 so it will be exciting. I just want it to look as good as possible!

Any MC Collection Halo 3 gameplay footage out there in the wild?

It seems the be the one game that's the least talked up. Halo: CE and Halo 2 have the full anniversary treatment, and while Halo 3 and 4 were brought up to 1080p @ 60fps, only Halo 4 is mentioned as looking very improved.

link1201

"The team is currently constructing a stats/leveling system to match across all four games that will be similar to Halo 2."

I learned something new...YAY

EmpReb

Banned
Was really waiting for a compilation thread. THANKS.
Best E3 announcement for me. JAW DROPPED and was overwhelmed with the value this gives.
I would say this is the Metroid Prime Trilogy on Steroids..... and I am pretty much now Day One for this game.

Cels

is there a particular reason tombstone and desolation aren't going to be included?

i liked tombstone...desolation not so much.

In regards to the PC begging:

"We're not ignoring you. We hear you."

the-waiting-game-20904.jpg

i never played a halo, this will be my first time. Going to buy a Xbone for this, Sunset Overdrive, KI and Scalebound.

Edit: And Final Fantasy Type 0 :)

Mdot

One thing I'm not clear on for Halo 2 and CE:

For the remade maps, they obviously have the new graphics from the anniversary upgrades. Do the original ones just use the original models for guns, grenades, spartans, elites, etc?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Oh my god I didn't know that Blur Studio was redoing all of the cutscenes! They look so good!

Tombstone and Desolation were made by Certain Affinity, different people, maybe this has something to do with it.

Do we know if this version of Halo CE MP comes with the PC exclusive stuff? We know it has the PC exclusive maps, but what of the Flamethrower, Fuel Rod Cannon, Banshees or Rocket Warthog?

With the way Frankie is dodging the PC and collectors edition question constantly I feel like they have something planned up their sleeves. Would love a collectors edition for this game. An art book for Halo 1-4 compiled into one book would be sweet.

RetroStu

Banned
I love everything about this package. Fantastic value, great games, I'll be buying it day 1. But I saw some gameplay yesterday on IGN (Halo 2 Anniversary), and to be honest I was....kind of disappointed visually.

I played Halo CE: Anniversary on my 360 and it was good, but the framerate killed some of my enjoyment. Since this is the Xbox One, I pretty much figured these anniversary editions (1 and 2) would look flawless, but the streams I saw yesterday seemed to show terrible aliasing, I was expecting a much better IQ.

Anyone else, or am I crazy?

They just showed that same video on Twitch and the image quality was pin sharp. I think the IGN video just wasn't great quality.

Lima

So crazy that the most unbelievable rumor from ntkrnl came true. Like at that point of his leak everyone was like nah the guy is a fucking nutjob lol.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
what's wrong with Desolation and Tombstone?

I think they mentioned with something was wrong with how those maps were made or something. Not a huge loss, though. Tombstone was neat but we have hang em high and desolation wasn't the greatest.

I also believe the Halo CE PC map infinity will also not be part of the compilation (if i heard frankie correctly)

jelly

Any MC Collection Halo 3 gameplay footage out there in the wild?

It seems the be the one game that's the least talked up. Halo: CE and Halo 2 have the full anniversary treatment, and while Halo 3 and 4 were brought up to 1080p @ 60fps, only Halo 4 is mentioned as looking very improved.

Halo 4 just has better assets which will pop more at 1080p.

Halo 3 is still a looker but they need to fix the character models which are a major negative.

Looking at those Halo 5 stills, I didn't think they could make it any more Halo Sports but look at those helmets,

Falagard

Halo 4 Spartan Ops will return with all 50. missions. Dedicated servers should make a challening 4-Player Legendary runthrough very viable (goes for everything above as well).

Wait, where did this come from? I've been hoping someone would ask if Spartan Ops is hosted on dedicated servers rather than peer to peer and lockstep like it currently does in every Halo game.

So have they actually confirmed that Spartan Ops runs on dedicated servers as well? Does Co-op campaign mode do the same?

BigDug13

I have a funny feeling that this collection will make its way to PC sometime in 2015. Gotta try to get PC gamers onboard the Halo train wanting to buy an XBO for Halo 5 somehow.

The Flash

Banned
So crazy that the most unbelievable rumor from ntkrnl came true. Like at that point of his leak everyone was like nah the guy is a fucking nutjob lol.

I was thinking about that last night. Even I thought the guy was off his rocker when he mentioned the "War Chest". But now, our dreams are a reality and I couldn't be happier about it.

Mesonak

We've heard so many conflicting things on returning maps.... Frankie said yesterday in stream that Infinity wasn't going to be included, and has now supposedly said somewhere that Tombstone and Desolation are gone, yet he then went on Neogaf and said that ALL maps are included. To continue, the Halo twitter said that all 93 maps would be included and I believe someone did a tally that, I believe, included Tombstone and Desolation.

As such, I'm really confused and will assume ALL maps are included until otherwise stated on GAF.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Halo 4 just has better assets which will pop more at 1080p.

Halo 3 is still a looker but they need to fix the character models which are a major negative.

Looking at those Halo 5 stills, I didn't think they could make it any more Halo Sports but look at those helmets,

The most important thing that H3 and H4 needed most was AF. Some great texture work was lost to blur and I hope they implement some AF.

link1201

Wait, where did this come from? I've been hoping someone would ask if Spartan Ops is hosted on dedicated servers rather than peer to peer and lockstep like it currently does in every Halo game.

So have they actually confirmed that Spartan Ops runs on dedicated servers as well? Does Co-op campaign mode do the same?

I never even thought about that. I am guessing since Spartan Ops has been confirmed to be included thay are running on dedicated servers.

I have a funny feeling that this collection will make its way to PC sometime in 2015. Gotta try to get PC gamers onboard the Halo train wanting to buy an XBO for Halo 5 somehow.

I can see some people will think Halo 5 will go to PC if it happened

But you know,i have feeling PC will get H1A and H2A but no Halo 3 and 4 until H3A and H4A happened

I'm going to need an Xbox One for this... Sick collection. Love how everything is connected in a single interface. That's ingenious. Mixing everything up is guaranteed to keep me hooked for months.

Tall Paul

Hi all. Brand new Gaffer so go easy!!! Cannot wait for this, still fondly remember waking home with my first xbox and Halo and that first monent on the beach blew me away!! Be great to relive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom