• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo on Xbox One Wishlist Thread

Caayn

Please do NOT call it HALO ONE
No it'll be called, Halo Juan.
tumblr_mo75vcEFj01r4ensso1_500.png

also can everyone have thrust packs instead of sprint?

Please this. PLEASE this.... Faster movement speed, better strafe, default Thrusters.

Sprint impacts gameplay, too. It creates situations in which people will stop shooting, turn around, and run, stalling the encounter. In past games the player wouldn't have to turn around to escape at top speed, so they could keep shooting, bringing the encounter to a quicker resolution. That's worded horribly, but probably makes enough sense.

Now combine that with AA's on spawn and motion tracker for miles. Where's Ozzy?

Please do NOT call it HALO ONE
No it'll be called, Halo Juan.

LMFAO!!!!!!!! Fuckin LOLLLL

Hola Juan: Combato Evolved Dos

/dead

Wizman23

Banned
-I would like some color as well. Reach had a weak/dull pallet and although Halo 4 was better it still has this weird white wash effect where everything had this white-ish hue too it. Because of this Ragnorok looks vomit inducing compared to the wonderfullness that was Valhalla in Halo 3.

-Make the Covenant weapons actually sound alien. Halo 4 had great sounds but the alien weapons sounded too much like the human weapons. Halo 4 needler I'm looking at you!

-Please bring back medals and scoring into campaign and Spartan Ops.

When said Icon
survives a nuke at point blank range
you know you need a new main character. The game has become too much about how badass MC is. For the record I also don't want to see Kratos again.
Are you talking about in Halo 4 when he was
teleported away by Cortana at the last second
? I hardly blame MC for the terrible storytelling and plot contrivances in Halo 4.

Honestly, there was only ONE overly superhuman thing I felt they had him do and that was the opening Halo 3 when he survived both re-entry into the atmosphere and the impact with the ground. I was pretty into the extended Halo fiction back around Halo 3 and I'm pretty sure even with his armor his internal organs would have been liquified on impact. Best case scenario you could say that his shield helped absorb the heat, and the armor locking in combination with soft muddy ground might have helped him survive, but it was still pretty ridiculous.

Honestly, I still feel like MC is a decent main character. He has simple enough characteristics that players can relate to him without him feeling like a COD character (or like the other Marine characters in Halo games). In the games, he's pretty much a blank slate still. All you know is that he's a supersoldier, his name is John, and he's loyal to Cortana. He's Microsoft's Mario (plumber, name, rescues the princess).

Open world Halo that encompasses an entire Halo world and the surrounding space. Sandbox combat with updated AI and new tactics and basic actions to master. Keep the storytelling from ruining the game experience. Stop fragmenting the community with map packs that equal anemic player counts for their playlists and disappointed map pack buyers.

iJudged

Banned
I hope I am wrong but I have a feeling it will be riddled with microtransactions.

NBA 2k14 and Forza are a major disappointment.
Talk about overdoing it and just blatantly taking advantage of loyal fans.

I am afraid this is going to become a trend.

Then you have Battlefield 4 one of my most anticipated games, and months after its release, it's more broken the ever.

CoD Ghosts, huge leap backwards in the series.

Fifa 14, only game I am enjoying atm, online clubs with buddies. I am willing to bet starting next year, increasing your players attributes is going to be extremely hard and time consuming, thus EA will introduce an easy way, microtransactions=attribute boost.

Sorry, had to vent a tad.

/rantover

Steel

Banned
Honestly, I still feel like MC is a decent main character. He has simple enough characteristics that players can relate to him without him feeling like a COD character (or like the other Marine characters in Halo games). In the games, he's pretty much a blank slate still. All you know is that he's a supersoldier, his name is John, and he's loyal to Cortana. He's Microsoft's Mario (plumber, name, rescues the princess).

Not saying MC didn't have his moments. Kratos had his moments. I don't need a character with a rich relatable history at all, even. My problem with master Chief is that he's accumulated too much baggage by being around since the beginning, being the last survivor waay too many times, that waaay obtuse
you are the special chosen one who is given forerunner powers Because Special
plotline that they are going to -have- to continue with at this point, it's all too much to keep a coherent story around.

It just feels like at this point there's so much obession with Master Chief in the storyline that it distracts from anything that they might be able to put into it. They could replace him with another silent protagonist and it would fix that. I'd prefer if he became Microsoft's Crash(only had 3 runs and is still iconic) rather than microsoft's mario.

statham

60 fps
Dedis
Focus on classic Halo fundamentals
Bigger setpieces (h3 Scarabs not Reach Scarabs!)
Cull all weapons except CE pistol
Grenades drop CE pistols instead of exploding
Take advantage of growing dubstep scene for weapon sounds
figuring out how and bringing down one was probably the most fun I've had in a video game.

nillapuddin

Here's what I want

Don't skimp on the goddamn MAPS!!!!! 20+ on the disk.

That's all.

20 at launch will never happen
These are end game totals

Halo 2 - 23
Halo 3 - 26
Reach - 19
Halo 4 - 25

When you see that, you would think, oh, good job 343, actually improving on a clear deficiency...

But the way MP maps are handled does need to be reworked DRASTICALLY

The players are getting screwed by not playing DLC maps, with the exception of the first 2 weeks, DLC is as scarce as can be.

Maps either need to be free, or they need to seriously alter the pricing model.

this isnt even the tip of the icerberg of my wishlist

Create 2 games. One for Microsoft overlords that are ensuring a full on modern shooter metamorphosis, and of course you give them what they want. The other? The game that you, the developers, know you want, the game you know the people want. Will 343i go up in flames? Sure, but they'll also go down in history.

Kalamari

Leave out armor abilities, leave out player investment/player progression, leave out class customization, and most importantly include good multiplayer maps. For the love of god, use the old warthog engine sound.

The ranking system is the most important thing for the multi player. I said Halo4 would be DOA if it cameout without a Halo2/3 ranking system. You can't stop cheaters so don't hurt the community that likes this because it is a million times bigger than the community that cheats.

The question now is 4v4 the best thing for halo next gen? The maps will once again make or break this game so if 4v4 is the main competitive play make the maps accordingly. Most of Halo4 small maps were too big.

Also with dedicated servers go crazy with big team. Make it 16v16.
Also bring back dynamic and interactive maps.

Assault should go back to Halo 2/3 style.

Also while i understand map packs have to be sold, but after a year it should be half off, and after 2 free.

oVerde

Banned
PLEASE STINKLES I know it is too late, but bare with me:

- Overhaul it with something that IS NOT a response to other games
- IF SO the old Halo is gone, do something of its OWN
- Faster arena with physics weapons? Why not? Try something to the CATERING of Halo fans
- Unlocks, Destructible Levels, non-Competitive Ranks, new-era-fps Bullshits? PLEASE, DON'T.
- Campaign is doing great, keep it doing good. Multiplayer is the GEM.

Basically in simple wording:
Halo don't have to compete directly with other games, if it's losing popularity is because 343i is trying to be a better multiplat-FPS, Halo has to be its own goodness.

Create 2 games. One for Microsoft overlords that are ensuring a full on modern shooter metamorphosis, and of course you give them what they want. The other? The game that you, the developers, know you want, the game you know the people want. Will 343i go up in flames? Sure, but they'll also go down in history.
They may not want that since Reach and Halo 4 were definitely made to please MSFT and what has happened to the sales.

Halo 2 - 23
Halo 3 - 26
Reach - 19
Halo 4 - 25

When you see that, you would think, oh, good job 343, actually improving on a clear deficiency...

The players are getting screwed by not playing DLC maps, with the exception of the first 2 weeks, DLC is as scarce as can be.

We could see a large number of maps if they give us a good amount of remakes from Halo 1-3. Tell me you wouldn't want to play on next gen versions of:

CE:
  • Chill Out
  • Chiron TL-34
  • Damnation
  • Derelict
  • Hang 'Em High
  • Rat Race
Halo 2:
  • Ascension
  • Beaver Creek
  • Burial Mounds
  • Coagulation
  • Colossus
  • Containment
  • Foundation
  • Headlong
  • Ivory Tower
  • Lockout
  • Midship
  • Relic
  • Sanctuary
  • Terminal
  • Warlock
  • Waterworks
Halo 3:
  • Avalanche
  • Guardian
  • High Ground
  • Last Resort
  • Narrows
  • Standoff
  • The Pit
  • Valhalla
Choose like 15 remakes and 7 new maps. Remakes would take less time because they would just have to be adjusted for new gameplay mechanics, but the layouts are already there and the knowledge of map flow has existed for years. Focus on a smaller number of new maps so the quality will be great, compared to more new maps that are iffy.

For the love of god, use the old warthog engine sound.

<3

Ranking system like halo 3. I don't know why they have it so screwed up. Just do what halo 3 did. People played halo 2 and 3 forever because there was a reason to keep winning. What happened to competive aspect of shooters. Now we have lost the sense of teamwork because we are only interested in our personal weapon unlocks.

hwalker84

Halo 2 - 23
Halo 3 - 26
Reach - 19
Halo 4 - 25

The DLC does nothing but decrease every mode. DLC playlists are devoid and to play in the regular playlists you aren't playing on the new maps.

I don't care what the end map count is for any previous Halo. I'm tired of the excuses "We had to rebuild this map from the ground up, etc". I remember the old multiplayer shooters that actually had the previous games maps plus some. I want everything in Halo 4 + new ones.

kdash7

whatever you do 343i..PLEASE do not remove local 4 player split screen!!!! PLEASE! And keep them at 60 fps if possible without graphic downgrade, I will be the happiest man on earth.

OH and please add bots for offline!!!!!

nillapuddin

We could see a large number of maps if they give us a good amount of remakes from Halo 1-3. Tell me you wouldn't want to play on next gen versions of:

*awesome maps*

Choose like 15 remakes and 7 new maps.

Ofcourse, and remakes are indeed a part of the Halo DNA

Between the original Trilogy most maps were made twice, and some 3 times
(some from Marathon even)

Im not so sure about 2:1 ratio though, I do hope they implement a good chunk of remakes, especially for the setting, it will be important to lean back on that classic Halo Map design

The Anniversary map pack did an incredible job of updating outdated map designs

Anyone remember the gif where we got to see someone strafing with a BR on Haven? I do and that was a horrible bait and switch for what we got. I'm going to wait for community reviews for this game.

Tablo

Get rid of perks. Get rid of weapon unlocks. Get rid of Killstreak rewards. Get rid of armor abilities.

Oh and FFS, make forge an actual map editor. If Far Cry can throw in a fully functional map editor there is no goddamn reason the premiere franchise on the console is still making people work with crappy grey walls. Its not like that will cut into your DLC sales cause going by the playlists no one is buying that crap anyway.
I like you.

Top Bottom