• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Random17

So according to MisterMonopol's stream (He's just starting an H3 run btw), the current theory is that sword flying is gone because H2A is based on the Vista port which had some bugs fixed?

I don't think this is confirmed yet but it'd be pretty shitty if it's true. 343 has been talking a lot about how they've intentionally kept all the original bugs intact, so it'd be pretty lame if they turned around and fixed a bunch of them without letting anybody know...

It's not going to change unfortunately. I hope they change Envy though. That was completely unnecessary.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
So according to MisterMonopol's stream (He's just starting an H3 run btw), the current theory is that sword flying is gone because H2A is based on the Vista port which had some bugs fixed?

I don't think this is confirmed yet but it'd be pretty shitty if it's true. 343 has been talking a lot about how they've intentionally kept all the original bugs intact, so it'd be pretty lame if they turned around and fixed a bunch of them without letting anybody know...

They have said not all bugs may make it because of the way they updated the game.

Won't be shedding any tears for bugs that got accidentally fixed.

Woorloog

Banned
Speedrunners still have the old game to run. Might even be some new bugs that pop up for them in MCC.

I doubt that will happen because the games are still using the old engine for gameplay. New graphics are unlikely to add any bugs that might affect routes and such.

Sword flying has been out of the game since the patch that they released for the original game back in like '05 or '06. It's out in the MCC because that is the version of the game they're using (and the version Vista is based on too, of course).

You can still sword cancel, so not all of the sword tricks are out.

danwarb

Having dropped weapons stick around and litter the maps was a great thing in Halo. They've got to bring that back, especially for SP.

Woorloog

Banned
Having dropped weapons stick around and litter the maps was a great thing in Halo. They've got to bring that back, especially for SP.

Me and a friend tried to overload the level Regret years ago with by gathering all the weapons from the respawning guards in the boss battle room and throwing them to the pool. We almost did it actually, the game started acting a bit oddly, and we managed to knock Regret from his throne (he proceeded to glide on ground and used his plasma pistol and then teleported back to his throne).

Ghazi

Sword flying has been out of the game since the patch that they released for the original game back in like '05 or '06. It's out in the MCC because that is the version of the game they're using (and the version Vista is based on too, of course).

You can still sword cancel, so not all of the sword tricks are out.

I can't wait to get destroyed in normal H2 MP cause I don't know all the glitches :(

CliQ

Warthog drivers who go for splatters are about as bad as the vehicle balance on Standoff.

While I do agree, this is no ordinary Warthog driver. This is THE Warthog driver. I can't explain it but what he does in a hog is magic.

If you look up his stats from Halo 3 he also had one of the highest Wheelman medals out of all players as well as splatters. He's been a master of the Warthog since Halo: CE.

I will go so far as to say he's the best driver in all of Halo.

He was also a 50 in Halo 3 TS and Objective.

I took the liberty to look up his stats.

Wheelman - 17000
Splatters - 1500

I doubt that will happen because the games are still using the old engine for gameplay. New graphics are unlikely to add any bugs that might affect routes and such.

There will be some changes in some of the games, like in halo 3 there is a trick that deloads a large group of enemies. The current theory for it is that there is either a hardware limitation on the number of AI units allowed on the map. Or it is a programed limitation built into the code of the game. If it is a hardware limitation of the 360, you would think that it would not work with the power of the xbone.

Overdoziz

Banned
While I do agree, this is no ordinary Warthog driver. This is THE Warthog driver. I can't explain it but what he does in a hog is magic.

If you look up his stats from Halo 3 he also had one of the highest Wheelman medals out of all players as well as splatters. He's been a master of the Warthog since Halo: CE.

I will go so far as to say he's the best driver in all of Halo.

He was also a 50 in Halo 3 TS and Objective.

I took the liberty to look up his stats.

Wheelman - 17000
Splatters - 1500
play btb
vote standoff
free wheelmans

Rev3rb

Anyone in the Austin area going to be at Microsoft Store midnight release? Squidhands? I talked with Tunavi yesterday and he said he'll be there.

AlStrong

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-KAI-8413&page=top

FIG-KAI-8413.jpg

Helloo....

GrizzNKev

Banned
I was actually thinking it was more of a classically heroic build; long legs, broad shoulders, narrow waist. It's not a bad look, actually.

The only real problem with it is that the armor/thruster thing on is back is way overscaled to match his exaggerated shoulder width. It looks off.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
That HMV montage was amazing.

You excited for Splatoon, Smash Bros, and a truly open world Zelda bro!?
No, yes, fuck yes.

Splatoon looks like it could be cool, but I'm dubious. The art is amazing tho.

-Ryn

Banned
No, yes, fuck yes.

Splatoon looks like it could be cool, but I'm dubious. The art is amazing tho.
As to be expected of Nintendo
-senpai
Their aestheitcs can make even the most jaded of designers cry. I get the hesitance on Splatoon. Though personally the idea of a new IP from Nintendo just has me excited and the concept looks really fun.

I can't wait for the new Zelda though. The game looks so cool and I just want to go on an adventure in it! I haven't bought a Nintendo system since the Gamecube but between Zelda, Smash, and Splatoon I can't NOT jump back on the Nintendo fun train (though I did get the original DS as a present). This is going to be so much fun!

Reviews for MCC days early when one of the most important aspects of the collection is the Dedicated Servers and online functionality across 4 titles.

Gaming Journalism is great.

Yup. I'd much prefer to get my reviews before the game comes out, as opposed to a week after.

Yes, I'm still salty about Destiny.

Top Bottom