• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

L2JqwR3.gif

Mix

New stuff is cool, looking forward to E3 and beyond for Campaign stuff and more of the Multiplayer stuff.

Tashi/Frankie, when can we expect new Halo 5 news? Number of sleeps?

I'll buy you both alcohol next time you're in Austin.

More in it for multi-player. But you're right. Doubt it's going to be cheaper than this for a while.

If it remains that cheap, then we KNOW MCC will never get cheap.

For the sword it still never felt like it was worth it to try to zoom. Sprint up on an unsuspecting group and sword like normal. It may help if you're camping a corner and they are a little further out but besides that one instance using the sword normally was what worked.

Trying to alt with the sword got me killed far more than helped me. The range increase on the vanilla ES is negligible, and the Prophet's Bane doesn't really need it, cause you move fast as shit anyway.

I've been staring at this for like 5 minutes, and I still have no idea what's going on.

If anything is noncanon, it better be that siege bike.

Can't see that one being in a game or comic. It just looks like a toy. Which barely works for the toy.

CyReN

Xbox One Game Deals went live and they were the same as the others posted, guess MCC will be $24 this weekend.

Great deal for at least the campaign, bonus if they fix mp. If you got the game Day 1 I hope you enjoy your nameplates instead of the $36 discount.

VinFTW

Xbox One Game Deals went live and they were the same as the others posted, guess MCC will be $24 this weekend.

Great deal for at least the campaign, bonus if they fix mp. If you got the game Day 1 I hope you enjoy your nameplates instead of the $36 discount.

1) Games naturally get cheaper over time. Same can be said for LotF which is $9 right now (sure LotF is not broken, but we have had plenty of time to get a refund/return the game and minimize loss).

2) We didn't JUST get nameplates. We got 1 month of live, a free remastered game, and a new map for free.

3) I'm not convinced they're done rewarding day one buyers. I could see Reach being added for free.

Just to re-iterate: I'm not defending any of this. My apathy is a result of... just that. I'm kind of over expecting anything from the MCC and 343. Also, like I said, I feel like we'll get something else.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
That, DMR or BR/pistol starts are fine with me.

SMG or AR starts are garbage.

I don't think people are thinking on a analytical level.

Just think back on all the times that you respawned in Halo 5...how many of them were 6-5 feet from an enemy? Your AR is a close to mid range situational weapon...as it should be.

Nothing wrong with the AR start as long as there is a precision-based weapon for the secondary.

TTUVAPOR

Banned

Could we request refund then grab the cheaper version?

CyReN

1) Games naturally get cheaper over time. Same can be said for LotF which is $9 right now (sure LotF is not broken, but we have had plenty of time to get a refund/return the game and minimize loss).

2) We didn't JUST get nameplates. We got 1 month of live, a free remastered game, and a new map for free.

3) I'm not convinced they're done rewarding day one buyers. I could see Reach being added for free.

Just to re-iterate: I'm not defending any of this. My apathy is a result of... just that. I'm kind of over expecting anything from the MCC and 343. Also, like I said, I feel like we'll get something else.

Halo ODST, Halo Reach, H2A Relic, Nameplates, XBL 1 month are not worth $36 regardless, this shit is embarrassing at this point. It sucks to see friends and people within this community go through 3+ months of bullshit only to get another middle finger with this sale with nothing else announced.

Could we request refund then grab the cheaper version?

I believe Xbox Live allows 1 refund per year, from what I've read on r/XboxOne.

Madness

Relic and ODST are free for everyone though. So even the $23.99 buyers will get them right? Only people who played before December 19th got the nameplates, avatars and 1 month gold, or am I mistaken?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Halo ODST, Halo Reach, H2A Relic, Nameplates, XBL 1 month are not worth $36 regardless, this shit is embarrassing at this point. It sucks to see friends and people within this community go through 3+ months of bullshit only to get another middle finger with this sale with nothing else announced.

I just keep my asshole nicely lubed and deal with it.

CyReN

Relic and ODST are free for everyone though. So even the $23.99 buyers will get them right? Only people who played before December 19th got the nameplates, avatars and 1 month gold, or am I mistaken?

Always thought only early adopters got those things, and people would eventually be able to buy the Map/ODST later on.

I think Relic is free for everybody, but only pre-19th buyers get ODST for free.

Even if they weren't done I can't imagine this sale will sit well with the more impassioned of Day One buyers. I'm sure it'll prompt some kind of response.

VinFTW

I believe Xbox Live allows 1 refund per year, from what I've read on r/XboxOne.

I think its 2 per year.

And yeah, I agree, I guess I just don't have any more fucks to give. At this point I got fucked, but I won't ever return the game because it's a Halo game and it's another Halo case to have in the collection.

I want more people to play with, if this is the necessary evil, I'll deal with it. Others don't have to and I don't blame them, at all.

As per the rewards, I guess Relic is free for everyone, and if Reach and ODST were given free, I'd be okay with it. Remasters are bit more than just their current retail price. They could easily charge $9.99 for each as DLC. Not to mention natural decay of price over time.

I'll take a $10 hit to see a larger population. I don't mind... because why not? I'm already damaged and abused, I just want ranks and a healthy population. IF this is actually all they're doing for day one buyers and this sale is their only way to try and get the population back then yeah, this will do fuck all and is depressing.

what a depressing thing to write

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Halo 5 default starting weapons across the board will be AR/Pistol.

Remember this post. The pistol will not be buffed from the beta and the AR will have a slight reduction in headshot auto-aim.

We're doomed.

Madness

Always thought only early adopters got those things, and people would eventually be able to buy the Map/ODST later on.

I think Relic is free for everybody, but only pre-19th buyers get ODST for free.

Ah, I didn't know only Relic would be free for everyone. On the one hand, that's good for early buyers, to get ODST, but on the other hand I bet all the $23.99 buyers will be choked that they miss out on ODST, or even the guys who got for Christmas, if the 19th is the cut off. Who knows though.

I wonder how they'll change the UI to integrate ODST but have it turned off for those who don't have it downloaded.

Edit: I wouldn't mind more compensation either though. I don't want to seem greedy, but I wouldn't mind some MS points, or maybe a discount on, or free Halo 5 map pack.

Im 100% sure its Forerunner
Toy-Fair-2015-Mattel-MEGA-Bloks-015.jpg

Toy-Fair-2015-Mega-Bloks-Booth-064.jpg

Toy-Fair-2015-Mega-Bloks-Booth-070.jpg

How do i shrink photos?

Put them in quote tags. There's little button when you post that looks like a cartoon speech bubble. Just select all your image code and press that, or just put in the quote tags manually.

Definitely Forerunner. Look at them light guns of somesuch kind. Looks like we have a Forerunner enemy that's not a Knight, too.

RBK

Banned
Also whichever GAF member who made that bet is probably going to be right.

Doubt we see a patch before March 1st.

Until there's a patch that actually fixes the game who gives a shit how much they charge for MCC?

I don't personally care, but I get it. Most of us paid $60 and got a broken product, and while things have improved it's a far cry from where it should be. And new players get to just hop on this burning train when things are only mostly fucked instead of totally. And for a cheaper cost. Shit sucks.

Stick them in quote blocks.

Put them in quote tags. There's little button when you post that looks like a cartoon speech bubble. Just select all your image code and press that, or just put in the quote tags manually.

Definitely Forerunner. Look at them light guns of somesuch kind. Looks like we have a Forerunner enemy that's not a Knight, too.

Thank you both Usually on forums i would use the Spoiler tag But that works too Thanks again

No problem. I was looking for some more shots of the new Halo stuff earlier.

And yeah, that's totally a Forerunner gunship of some sort.

Agreed now is he an actually forerunner Warrior Rate or a different find of Promethean(digital kind ie knight, watcher, crawler) Or is he one of the surviving forerunners, or is he one of the didacts Promethean(living)

Pretty cool its got me pumped for halo 5 more and more E3 can come fast enough

If they don't have Forerunner vehicles transform / rez into being, it's going to be such a missed opportunity. Seeing them in use for the first time is going to be hype as fuck though.

I've been staring at this for like 5 minutes, and I still have no idea what's going on.

Forerunner Dreadnought zips by at first, and then Baumgartner is hit by Chief entering atmosphere on his little forerunner door thing

If they don't have Forerunner vehicles transform / rez into being, it's going to be such a missed opportunity. Seeing them in use for the first time is going to be hype as fuck though.

Forerunner Dreadnought zips by at first, and then Baumgartner is hit by Chief entering atmosphere on his little forerunner door thing

Ah, gotcha.

Yeah I agree, Forerunner vehicles need a hyped as fuck introduction in the game.

daedalius

Pretty sure I can get matches faster in the barely played pc version of titanfall, also generally better connections.

I have my doubts this game will ever be fixed

Top Bottom