• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Halo CE: Cheerios
Halo 2: Captain Crunch
Halo 3: Sugar Smacks
Halo 3 ODST: Eating Frosted Flakes in the rain
Halo Reach: Reese's Puff Cereal
Halo 4: Oreo O's
H5G Beta: Cinnamon Toast Crunch

Halo Online: Frosted Shredded Wheat

HTupolev

Hilarious though :D
09pRI.gif

Just drop it today 343, call it a beta just in case and patch as needed.
Microsoft sells a console targeted at nuclear submariners and people who want to play ODST.

Honestly, stuff like that doesn't bother me. I can put up with the body horror, the gore, all that. It's the sheer cynicism, the underlying assumption that basically everybody is a shit person that I can't deal with. It's why I can't reread ASOIF or watch Game of Thrones.

I havent played W3 but I understand the feeling. I had to stop watching The Walking Dead because that shit was just more and more depressing over time. It's a fine show but I just didn't like how I felt after watching the first season.

I've never seen Game of Thrones but I'm about to give it a shot. If it's the same sort of constant depression I might not stick to it long.

I experienced that very same thing just last week. Didn't play MCC for almost 2 months because of school. Turned it on, patched it, and played 3 games in a row with uneven teams and laggy players zipping around. Tried to play campaign instead with my father and it wouldn't load an H2A game.

*giggle/sob*

^_^

Let's thank 343 Industries and preorder Halo 5.

RowdyReverb

I think my all time favorite is Sugar Smacks, but that might just be because I ate it for years growing up and just know it's flavor so well. Cheerios and Cap'n Crunch are old standbys though. You can't go wrong.
Oreo Os is a good breakfast food, but maybe not the best cereal. It's still a guilty pleasure of mine though, and it improved when the recipe was improved after customer feedback.
It's been so long I can't remember the taste of Reese's Puffs. I keep thinking of trying it again, but I'm afraid mine will be a bit stale. Looking forward to try the fresh batch of Frosted Flakes though. I'm hoping that mom will come home with a fresher box of Reese's Puffs, but she's been so busy with work lately...
HaloGAF can see a lot of things, but can it see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

Stacey

Banned
Halo 3 - Worst hit detection ive ever seen

Halo 4/H2:A - Best hit detection ive ever seen

How? HOW!?

Were Bungie really that bad at their jobs?

1080p 60fps doing work? How else does it get so big?

60FPS wouldn't change much in terms of size and 1080p would only matter if they went back and upgraded the textures and whatnot to accommodate, but as far as I can recall they didn't touch any of textures or models in the other ports in the collection... They might have upped the audio quality a bit (like they did with H4), but seeing how ODST didn't even come close to filling up one layer of its DVD, let alone two layers, I can't imagine they had to compress it very much to begin with... Weird.

Overdoziz

Banned

How? HOW!?

Reach's hit detection was fine. Also not having a burst fire weapon that shoots diarrhea instead of bullets helps.

HTupolev

Maybe ODST comes with several thousand high-quality Beamish avatar images for your MCC profile.

Reach's hit detection was fine. Also not having a burst fire weapon that shoots diarrhea instead of bullets helps.
Halo 3's networking is far from perfect (it breaks down pretty badly as you rub into BW issues), but the biggest problem is that it doesn't interact well with a BR that's already got some dubious responsiveness choices.

It's actually really frustrating how damaging a few things have been for the perception of projectile weapons in Halo; HPC had awful netcode, and Halo 3's feedback is on the edge even in local play, and interacted particularly poorly with the extreme degree of spread.

How? HOW!?

One is projectile based and takes skill, the others are Hitscan...

Only issue with H3 is the connection that gets selected, that will decide the outcome.
Sadly MCC has no region filter or anything and it can happen that US people play against EU people etc

AlStrong

OMG the lighting there is beyond amazing. Why 343!????

I think Fyrewulff theorized it had to do with simply making it easier to update the game without breaking everything.

That said, I'd love to have a 3rd person view cam option. You don't really fully appreciate the lighting until you see yourself moving through the environment since a lot of it is well... static (can't see the lighting system in motion). You barely notice it when fighting too, but I always liked walking around with the plasma turret since H3 & ODST just to see how they sample the lighting for dynamic objects.

edit9000:

If there's anything I really liked from H4, it's that they really nailed the material shading consistency (in campaign). Have to wonder if it was some rudimentary physically-based material pipeline.

Found Funknown and his team of crouch walkers >_> playing halo 4.
The entire enemy team was using Camo and sitting in corners lol.. Still strong-armed to victory even with a friend who barely plays Halo.

PiLIeZO.gif
Why do people get so weirdly upset over Halo? lmfao

And this is a message I sent because these tryhards were trying. so. hard. with their little Camo and staring at red dots, but they still lost:
Feels like Halo™

EDIT:
#HuntTheTruth
I feel like Ben, the last beacon of hope in a sea of corruption.

HTupolev

I always liked walking around with the plasma turret since H3 & ODST just to see how they sample the lighting for dynamic objects.
Walking around and admiring materials without a flashlight is like a white russian without the Kahlua.

If there's anything I really liked from H4, it's that they really nailed the material shading consistency (in campaign). Have to wonder if it was some rudimentary physically-based material pipeline.
Hard to say. CA's mentioning of getting a new PBR setup for authoring things in H2A MP makes me skeptical. Polished authoring is a big graphical strength of Halo 4 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom