• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Do I buy this game again? The inner war rages on. The Halo fan within still doesn't want to let go. That Halo fan that was born 11 years ago on a cold Christmas night, sitting next to his brother as they first set their eyes upon the Pillar of Autumn. A young 10 year old, so easily impressionable, but this game left one damn lasting impression. I don't want to give it up, not yet. I am like Batman preventing the Joker from falling his to his death. I hold onto this series so very tight, but all it takes is for me to loosen my grip and let it go. But for some reason, I can't.

Halo 4 isn't very good, but misery loves company.

I think some people have it for sale in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread on the cheap.

789shadow

Banned
Do I buy this game again? The inner war rages on. The Halo fan within still doesn't want to let go. That Halo fan that was born 11 years ago on a cold Christmas night, sitting next to his brother as they first set their eyes upon the Pillar of Autumn. A young 10 year old, so easily impressionable, but this game left one damn lasting impression. I don't want to give it up, not yet. I am like Batman preventing the Joker from falling his to his death. I hold onto this series so very tight, but all it takes is for me to loosen my grip and let it go. But for some reason, I can't.
Buy it and suffer with good friends.

blamite

Does the Infinity Challenge Playlist go live at 5/6am? It starts at 12am EST today.
Why are people assuming the Infinity Challenge will get it's own playlist? Last week's Bulletin said it'll be using Infinity Slayer this week.

Each week of the Infinity Challenge, there will be a featured playlist for you to compete in. Infinity Slayer will be kicking off the festivities, so dust off your loadouts and prepare your D-pad for some serious ordnance action.

In the next paragraph it's explained that the reason Slayer Pro was cut was "to get to our preferred number of playlists" which is 10, aka an entire page in the in-game menu without the need to scroll any playlists off the screen.

Unless I'm misinterpreting this and they're replacing Slayer Pro with an exact copy of Infinity Slayer to be used for the Challenge, but that's too dumb even for 343.

Custom classes ruined Halo

Custom weapon loadouts have been needed in Halo for a long time. IMO the loadouts should be set up so that you can only choose a Primary/Secondary from a pool of starting weapons: BR, LR, Carbine, Storm Rifle, AR, Suppressor, Magnum. Anything else would be littered around the map, so imagine The Pit with the DMR replacing the BR's and the Boltshot replacing the Mauler, etc. for whatever works.

thepitsmall.jpg

With the way Ordnance Drops work, we could see a rotation of CQC power weapons at Sword Spawn, maintaining one neutral location for them. Then, something else can be placed at Shotgun spawn like an AA pickup or something, maybe Hologram cuz that's where a lot of people run to in danger, so having a Hologram AA spawn there would be slick for last-ditch tricks. Also, since Camo is an AA they could place that where it used to spawn with PV rotating in that Ordnance Drop (seems like a good spot to fight over wall hacks).

So many ideas, so many possibilities..

mhsilver

Banned
I'd hate to be a member of 343i. I couldn't wake up in the morning every day, and have to look in the mirror to see the face of a person who helped ruin one of the greatest franchises in gaming.

I mean, that's pretty heavy. Hope none of them own guns.

Ramirez

I'd hate to be a member of 343i. I couldn't wake up in the morning every day, and have to look in the mirror to see the face of a person who helped ruin one of the greatest franchises in gaming.

lol, come the fuck on.

Go outside and quit posting like a basement dwelling mouth breather.

The fact that the DMR is red reticle on almost the entire map for most maps is bad enough.
Yeah, but if maps are designed without massive open sightlines then it's not a big deal.
With the way Ordnance Drops work, we could see a rotation of CQC power weapons at Sword Spawn, maintaining one neutral location for them. Then, something else can be placed at Shotgun spawn like an AA pickup or something, maybe Hologram cuz that's where a lot of people run to in danger, so having a Hologram AA spawn there would be slick for last-ditch tricks. Also, since Camo is an AA they could place that where it used to spawn with PV rotating in that Ordnance Drop (seems like a good spot to fight over wall hacks).

So many ideas, so many possibilities..

Yeah that would be a nice way to sort of work in their global ordnance system, at least in terms of variety. Set location and timer, but just rotate weapons of a similar type in that location (ex: sword, shotty, scattershot, or gravity hammer).

I don't think they hire psychos like yourself at 343 ;)

Fracas

#fuckonami

I'd be pretty depressed if I had put my dick and/or tits in a woodchipper, too.

Fracas

#fuckonami
That was only the people involved with implementing and approving the decision to implement flinch. That was a special kind of fuck-up.

Really, out of all the responses saying that was out of line, you quote me
Once again, how does one do this? Do we tie the gintalia to a log and hope for the best or what?

Maybe there's a human-sized woodchipper for really tiny trees? I dunno.

JHall

Completely uncalled for.

That was only the people involved with implementing and approving the decision to implement flinch. That was a special kind of fuck-up.

Once again, completely uncalled for.

Omni

datassthreadsectalkboar.gif

I load up Halo 4 today for the first time in a week to see that I have been banned. I got the map pass with the LE. wtf? Ugh. What a fucking disaster this game has been for me.

Damn well that sucks and does not bode well for when the maps are locked again. I won't be playing halo 4 for a while. Any news on if your going to be unbanned?

mhsilver

Banned
Oh, please there's nothing uncalled for in that statement. In fact, I was being sympathetic. Like I said, I know I couldn't handle the weight of that knowledge.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Lol, Microsoft's taunting me, trying to get me banned. Just got this message from Xbox Live:

XBL Messages said:
We noticed you have not yet redeemed your Halo 4 Specializations token. Redeem it now to get early access to six Specializations. Your token is REDACTED

WTF is your problem man?

I wouldnt do it, youre just enabling them, giving them one more sale and one more UU on the charts.

This means ensured Halo 5 LOLWTF moments like being able to equip TWO AA's at once. Camo Jetpackers With rockets loadout by Halo 6 if we dont take a stand.

I wouldnt do it, youre just enabling them, giving them one more sale and one more UU on the charts.

This means ensured Halo 5 LOLWTF moments like being able to equip TWO AA's at once. Camo Jetpackers With rockets loadout by Halo 6 if we dont take a stand.

I didn't buy it, picked up Farcry 3 and Forza Horizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom