• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Omni

so the microsoft store just updated the halo xbox one page ... release date is 21. december 2014. placeholder probably.

http://m.microsoftstore.com/msusa/Catalog/Product/286029500

In possession of a mysterious data chip, Petty Officer John-117, aka Master Chief, confronts a new battery of challenges and tests in a Herculean effort to stay alive in a galaxy where sentient life is mercilessly hunted. Pre-order the next chapter in the wildly popular Halo series designed exclusively for Xbox One.

sounds like the flood is returning.

sorry if posted already

SO MYSTERIOUS

JUST DON'T PLAY HALO 4 OR WATCH THE ANNOUNCEMENT TRAILER k

Actually sounds pretty cool. It's what I expected Halo 4 to be about.

arpOqjp_460sa.gif

It feels a robot chicken episode but bad

TheOddOne

Halo does really seem to be going in the Metroid storyline direction. Change the names in that synopsis to Metroid character names and you pretty much have a Metroid game.

Next up:

images

Evil Samus becomes Evil John.

IHaveIce

Banned
What uf we are all wring and the chip in the announcement trailer is sonething different. I meab I was kinda confused when the trailer was released, I thought Cortana's chip got dissolved by the Didact in the last level when John put it in?

Well I'm not hyped, campaign has to feel fresh and something new and MP should go back to its roots

Omni

What uf we are all wring and the chip in the announcement trailer is sonething different. I meab I was kinda confused when the trailer was released, I thought Cortana's chip got dissolved by the Didact in the last level when John put it in?

Well I'm not hyped, campaign has to feel fresh and something new and MP should go back to its roots

I don't think so. It's definitely Cortana's chip

0y7n.png

nillapuddin

All the complaints Ive ever had about the gameplay in Spartan Assault, and in general "the game"

Have been rectified with this update.

WHY THE FUCK was it released the way it was... ?

Idk.

But if this is the game I bought on release day, call me happy.
Controller works great, upgrades are actually plausible, very impressed.

edit:
still should be on xbl
still should be co-op
still should last over an hour

nillapuddin

I only need a couple cheevos for H2V, and have for awhile but I gave up on trying

Im not gunna call it "boosting"..

But lets say I wanted to boost.
Would I be able to link up with some (of yall?) and just nail these down?*

Defect

I only need a couple cheevos for H2V, and have for awhile but I gave up on trying

Im not gunna call it "boosting"..

But lets say I wanted to boost.
Would I be able to link up with some (of yall?) and just nail these down?*
I'll do it with you on my second account. Add me, Defective 2.

I'm close on everything but Wars and H4. I could do it if I wanted to but I'm not a huge nerd.

Basically I'm saying none of the Halo achievements are hard and they are really bending the definition of the word achievement.

Nowise10

I'm close on everything but Wars and H4. I could do it if I wanted to but I'm not a huge nerd.

Basically I'm saying none of the Halo achievements are hard and they are really bending the definition of the word achievement.

Halo achievements are pretty much just like every other game out their. Not really that difficult other then a few.

I don't think achievements are necessarily supposed to be always hard to do. It would be frustrating if they all were.

Fuchsdh

I think the Wars achievements are some of the tougher ones, specifically getting gold medals and under par time for the missions.

IHaveIce

Banned
Halo achievements are pretty much just like every other game out their. Not really that difficult other then a few.

I don't think achievements are necessarily supposed to be always hard to do. It would be frustrating if they all were.
Because most games have super easy ones. Or the games are easy. But games likr dynasty warriors gundam or ultimate capcom vs marvel have tougher achievements.

Halo has easy ones they are just annoying multiplayer achievements. Only Wars has tougher ones

Omni

Halo 3 multiplayer achievements were a pain in the ass. I eventually just gave up... they got really frustrating.

Double laser kill in a ranked playlist? Christ. Almost as bad as the mongoose mowdown one.

Nowise10

Halo 3 multiplayer achievements were a pain in the ass. I eventually just gave up... they got really frustrating.

Double laser kill in a ranked playlist? Christ. Almost as bad as the mongoose mowdown one.

I thought Halo 3's were mostly easy. I got the splaser one on FFA Snowbound I believe.
Only achievement I had to boost was getting a perfection on a Mythic Map, 3 days before Reach came out. For the life of me couldn't do it back then.

I despise seeing games with achievements that begin with "Play X amount of hours with/on_____" And such. Basically telling you, you need to play the game like this or no achievement for you. I'm talking about you Battlefield.

All Halo achievements lost any value when they released an achievement where you have to do absolutely nothing for 60 seconds. Thats right the only way you cant get that achievement is if you actually do ANYTHING.

Just fucking think about that for a second.

Mix

I think what Bungie did looks amazing right now. All the colors blend in really well and I love it.

Don't get me wrong, Old Russia that exists in game is beautiful. Bungie has always had a diverse color palette to work with. I'm just saying considering how well the Black Garden held up against it's concept art, I would've loved to seen this in game. And who know, we might still just in a different location.

All 343 produced Halo achievements lost any value when they released an achievement where you have to do absolutely nothing for 60 seconds. Thats right the only way you cant get that achievement is if you actually do ANYTHING.

FTFY

So the rank was wrong, the chip isn't supposed to be mysterious and sentient life seems more likely to wear camouflage and walk than say, trees.

Bombadil should have helped whatever hapless employee wrote that.
Stinkles comments on the info update :)

All Halo achievements lost any value when they released an achievement where you have to do absolutely nothing for 60 seconds. Thats right the only way you cant get that achievement is if you actually do ANYTHING.

I can't even comprehend what in the hell they were thinking when they were brainstorming achievements for this DLC

I can't even comprehend what in the hell they were thinking when they were brainstorming achievements for this DLC

Halo One Achievement List:

Be Like Water
-Use the Camo AA to stand in water for an entire match.

Stalker
-Assassinate the only guy in Matchmaking using the HLS AA 3 games in a row, 5 times per match.

Dude, You're Dying Bro.
-Die 10 times in a row without getting a single kill in a single match.

See, I can do it too! I have no problem designing new cheevos for the next Halo game.

I think the challenging part was it has to be done in lone wolves like most of the hard achievements.

Orochinagis, did you see this? Dat cameo.

Oh god my grammar, He is Halo5follower now?

Mix

I think the challenging part was it has to be done in lone wolves like most of the hard achievements.

Oh god my grammar, He is Halo5follower now?
Yeah, and he is associated with HaloFollower (aka, His OWN FUCKING SELF). The information he puts out is so misleading and 90% of the time it's shit he's made up.

I can't believe people were comparing this to PS Plus when it was announced.
This

Booshka

Rainbow Six Vegas is better than Halo 3 anyway, hopefully the MP gets a little more active with this free release. Would be fun to mess around with when I am not playing GTA V.

no bullets hans

Neo Member
Some people think its shit the games we get for this. I think its cool. Its games that are fun. And i've never played R6 so its a win for me, and i like magic 2k13.

I'm enjoying the games w/ gold releases. I never really got a feel for the original Dead Rising, but a friend and I rolled through DR2 co-op these last few weeks and had a blast. Rainbow Six Vegas is a lot of fun. Too bad I still have my copy. Oh well.

Defect

What's taking 343 so long to update the Halo 3 playlists? Christ, I wanted it to get a population boost during the summer but now it'll probably be out after the Xbone is out.

Top Bottom