• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

One thing I can state unambiguously is that more emphasis has been put on larger MP maps to support Vehicle combat. Including adjustments to stop vehicles being torn apart by breezes and harsh language.

RB, Y, RT, A + Down, A + Right, RT, A + Left, RT, A + Down, A + Right, RT, A + Left, RT, A + Down, A + Right, RT, A + Left, RT, A + Down, A + Right, RT, A + Left, RT, A + Down, A + Right, RT, A + Left.

Profit.

Edit: DAMN YOU FYRE! :p

One thing I can state unambiguously is that more emphasis has been put on larger MP maps to support Vehicle combat. Including adjustments to stop vehicles being torn apart by breezes and harsh language.

How can we trust your opinion on vehicles when you drive a Honda Fit?
I also drive a Honda Fit

That's reassuring. Vehicle balance is the thing I feel Reach missed the mark most on, so changing it can really only be for the better.

I would say missed mark number 1 was player movement and missed mark number 1a was vehicle combat.

TheOddOne

Don't even to that to us.

DON'T TEASE US LIKE THIS.
keep-running-600x337.jpg

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

oh mah gawd. halo returning to BTB and great vehicle gameplay would be more than welcome!

I may get some flak for this but I think the Falcon should have had flares to divert missile lock ons and banshee bombs. It would keep things in balance as it doesn't have a gun for the pilot, nor evasive maneuvers. It would likely need some balancing tweaks, but Im sure with some care it could come out alright. Also, I wish flag carriers could hop in the falcon and just not be able to use the gun.

also:

f5sZM.jpg

C0PL3.jpg

(I used different thing than you asked, added a jackal. flowed better imo)

For new page and to mention that someone should post this on the gaming side Black ops 2 thread. Not to troll though, just for a fun laugh.

kylej

Banned
The Halo 3 spartan laser was perfect. The people who cried about it are the same ones who now cry about the Banshee being too overpowered. You need something that will stop vehicles outside of nades and snipe.

BTW, since the BR has recoil, I assume the gun on the Warthog will have absolutely extraordinary recoil? It would only be fair. If a spartan can't control a rifle, surely he can't control a chaingun.

BTW, since the BR has recoil, I assume the gun on the Warthog will have absolutely extraordinary recoil? It would only be fair. If a spartan can't control a rifle, surely he can't control a chaingun.

Nanomachines in the warthog turret act as a stabilizer for the chaingun.

<3

Return of good BTB? I miss my precious from Halo 2.

A MOUNTED chaingun with extraordinary recoil? Wat.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
BTB is my favorite Halo gametype. A return to form in 4 would be fantastic.

Also, I agree with the Hornet tweaks. I actually quite like the Hornet, but it seems like a death trap most of the time.

As long as my ghost stays powerful and able to splatter unsuspecting fools I'll be happy.

feel

Adjustments? You didn't toss Reach vehicles' code in the garbage and started over from scratch or from where Halo 3 left off?

Best news I've heard for Halo 4 yet. Reach killed BTB and vehicle combat.

BTB is my favorite Halo gametype. A return to form in 4 would be fantastic.

Also, I agree with the Hornet tweaks. I actually quite like the Hornet, but it seems like a death trap most of the time.

As long as my ghost stays powerful and able to splatter unsuspecting fools I'll be happy.

I only liked BTB in halo 2. It just drags on in Reach, and gets really boring, really quick. It's not bad in the anniversary playlists (<3 Headlong)

Top Bottom