• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
It's the third option though, so it will never be played unless the majority wants to play it.

yeah, i know, but i think its really silly to have to adjust every so often to the core gameplay "rules" of things like bloom or movement. a matchmaking playlist shouldnt change that stuff up ever, it should always be a consistent experience. my 2 cents, feel free to disagree.

yeah, i know, but i think its really silly to have to adjust every so often to the core gameplay "rules" of things like bloom or movement. a matchmaking playlist shouldnt change that stuff up ever, it should always be a consistent experience. my 2 cents, feel free to disagree.

No I agree with you, but ZB and TU are exactly the same other than bloom, and if everyone (or nearly everyone) has to want to play it for it to be played it's not a big deal (IMO, in this case).

EDIT: Double post, sorry.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Maybe I am crazy here, but everyone talking about the BR and DMR being their weapons for massive damage and ownage in Halo games made me realize that the most confident I feel in Halo is when I have a plasma grenade. With one of those in hand I feel that I can take out nearly any other weapon in a 1 v 1 battle, excluding the obvious few.

Maybe I am insane, love grenades though.

feel

If people need someone to play really sloppy MLG with, I will be around.

MLG even inspired me to do a bit of a tuneup on my tools of wape

222.jpg
Eneloops? My man <3

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Maybe I am crazy here, but everyone talking about the BR and DMR being their weapons for massive damage and ownage in Halo games made me realize that the most confident I feel in Halo is when I have a plasma grenade. With one of those in hand I feel that I can take out nearly any other weapon in a 1 v 1 battle, excluding the obvious few.

jesus, i hate them. maybe its my connection, but they never seem to stick guys, even when it looks like they pass right through them. meanwhile, i feel like guys get amazing sticks on me and watching their plasma fly through the air i can almost see it at the last second have LoopOfHenle magnetism.

hates a strong word, i do find them useful to buy time or in an escape, as throwing one down instantly makes players think twice about continuing their press forward.

heckfu

Banned
jesus, i hate them. maybe its my connection, but they never seem to stick guys, even when it looks like they pass right through them. meanwhile, i feel like guys get amazing sticks on me and watching their plasma fly through the air i can almost see it at the last second have LoopOfHenle magnetism.

hates a strong word, i do find them useful to buy time or in an escape, as throwing one down instantly makes players think twice about continuing their press forward.
Your gt is LoopOfHenle? That is so awesome.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

Yeah, looking at my stats grenades are my 3rd and 4th highest totaled weapons. Behind DMR and melee.

Even in H2/3 when they wern't mini nukes I stuck everyone I could. I just ended up getting good with them. I'm sad you don't see them more on maps.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
How's the MLG controller Tashi?

I love it! I have no serious complaints at all and just one minor one. The whole back of the controller is made of this rubberized material that doesn't like grease up or whatever. It's nice but sometimes it feels weird. Sometimes it feels like my hands are coated with powder. Other than that it's all gravy. I feel like just about everything is a slight improvement. Totally got used the weight too

Tawpgun

343, can I fix countdown for you? I'll do it for free. You got a bad power weapon situation going on.

Speaking of, 343 has shown they are terrible at placing power weapons. The number and location of them. Eg. Remember highlands and default anni map.

nbraun80

ha you're not crazy, i love grenades too. :) They've gotten me out of a few sticky situations. I also wall bounce frags when I'm out numbered in a small area and try and go down with a double kill. ha

Arnie

I love it! I have no serious complaints at all and just one minor one. The whole back of the controller is made of this rubberized material that doesn't like grease up or whatever. It's nice but sometimes it feels weird. Sometimes it feels like my hands are coated with powder. Other than that it's all gravy. I feel like just about everything is a slight improvement. Totally got used the weight too

Sounds funky. If you had to pay for it would you say the improvement is worth the price? Are the sticks much better?

343, can I fix countdown for you? I'll do it for free. You got a bad power weapon situation going on.

Speaking of, 343 has shown they are terrible at placing power weapons. The number and location of them. Eg. Remember highlands and default anni map.

Im curious, who actually manages those weapon placements, 343i or Certain Affinity.

I like countdown with a sniper, Sniper and rockets are the best power weapons ever.

Rockets on Sword bridge
Sniper at concussion rifle spawn
Problem?

Overdoziz

Banned

More power weapons = more fun
Personal Ordnance Drops for errrrbody.

Delete sword and shotgun. Replace Sword with GL, replace Shotgun with Plasma pistol.

Done.

789shadow

Banned

I personally feel like plasma grenades are specifically coded to never go anywhere that makes sense.

Tashi

Sounds funky. If you had to pay for it would you say the improvement is worth the price? Are the sticks much better?

It's a tough one. Considering that the next Xbox is coming some next year (most likely) we don't know if the old controllers will work with it (My guess is that it will). Also, it's 100$. That's out of the impulse buy range in my opinion especially when regular controllers are around 40. I would say the controller is more valuable for a PS3 gamer because I think the Dual Shock 3 is inferior to the 360 controller. Also, a lot of people are split on these controllers. Some pros like them and from what I understand most either don't like them or don't care about them. Some controllers have had issues too. Jazzy and his friend's controllers all had bumper issues. Honestly it's a tough sale unless you have a real piece of shit controller at the moment. The no slow turn though it really nice. I was tired of opening my controllers up and fixing them.

Also, it's wired. Some setups aren't very practical for wired controllers. One bonus though is that when your sticks go bad or when the little dots disappear, you can replace those. I think that's really awesome. It will make it feel like a new controller again. Also, I plan to customize my controller with some cool colors and shit so that's a nice feature too in my opinion.

It's a tough one. Considering that the next Xbox is coming some next year (most likely) we don't know if the old controllers will work with it (My guess is that it will). Also, it's 100$. That's out of the impulse buy range in my opinion especially when regular controllers are around 40. I would say the controller is more valuable for a PS3 gamer because I think the Dual Shock 3 is inferior to the 360 controller. Also, a lot of people are split on these controllers. Some pros like them and from what I understand most either don't like them or don't care about them. Some controllers have had issues too. Jazzy and his friend's controllers all had bumper issues. Honestly it's a tough sale unless you have a real piece of shit controller at the moment. The no slow turn though it really nice. I was tired of opening my controllers up and fixing them.

Also, it's wired. Some setups aren't very practical for wired controllers. One bonus though is that when your sticks go bad or when the little dots disappear, you can replace those. I think that's really awesome. It will make it feel like a new controller again. Also, I plan to customize my controller with some cool colors and shit so that's a nice feature too in my opinion.

Does the controller just come with 360 style sticks, or does it come with Dual Shock style as well? I love the feel of the Dual Shock sticks, but it's just a shame that the controller itself sucks.

Tashi

Does the controller just come with 360 style sticks, or does it come with Dual Shock style as well? I love the feel of the Dual Shock sticks, but it's just a shame that the controller itself sucks.

They come with both 360 and PS3 style sticks and D-Pads

Arnie

Sounds like a nice luxury, rather than an essential item. I'll probably just hold off, bought a new controller late last year so it still feels pretty... taut. I don't know what I expected when they announced an MLG controller but I was pretty underwhelmed when they announced it. Like you say, I don't think the price is right, it's really steep.

Astro A40's
MLG Controller
New ultra high end gaming rig
3D TV
Figures
Collectors Editions of just about every game i buy
Halo 4 Slim Xbox 360 (make it happen frank)

Thats essentially my plans this year since im not going to PAX :(.

Tashi

100$ is certainly a lot but I think I was ready to buy one anyway. I paid over a 100 for my Arcade Stick and I don't get anywhere near as much play time with that as I do with the controller.

Top Bottom