• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pop

I'm preparing myself now for the next OT.

|OT7|Where juniors are blamed for everything(non-Halo related)

Fracas

#fuckonami
The top 15 posters are all either juniors or last wave juniors. It's really that bad.

I'm one of the top posters, and I started posting in February.

Do I actually bother people? This passive aggressive nonsense is getting out of hand. I'd like to think we're all friends here.

Tawpgun

No gif party? You guys are really slacking.

72O6o.gif

Ramirez

I'm one of the top posters, and I started posting in February.

Do I actually bother people? This passive aggressive nonsense is getting out of hand. I'd like to think we're all friends here.

I think what Dani is trying to say is that the crap posts ratio to good post ratio is pretty bad these days. :p

Isn't this thread like a week or so old? I know we had SDCC, but eh, lol.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
How much better are monitors for gaming than say a 32" LCD?

Halo |OT7| Double Kill...Triple Kill...Banned

Depends on the LCD. I have a 32inch LCD and the response time sucks for Halo. Newer TV's have "Game Modes" that removes any post processing shit thus making it more playable. Then once you get used to it, you'll be fine. I also find that for me, it's more difficult to play as you go up in TV size.

I feel like when I play on a monitor, it doesn't ever get in the way. You just are in the game playing. Plus a good headset, and the MLG Controller and I'm just so happy. But honestly you can get used to any setup if you spend the time on it.

The top 15 posters are all either juniors or last wave juniors. It's really that bad.
How do you even remember who is from which wave? It's not even important at all.

ElzarTheBam
heckfu
monsterfracas
Hypertrooper
mastrbiggy
Tashi0106
Vire
TheOddOne
Steelyuhas
Overdoz1z
StalkerUKCG
a zoojoo
CyReN
Ryaaan14
Plywood

a zoojoo is the only one in my mind that stands out because of his newness, and yes he does post a shit ton. But as far as I'm concerned, everyone else in that top 15 is a HaloGAF regular by this point or earlier.

I think what Dani is trying to say is that the crap posts ratio to good post ratio is pretty bad these days. :p
If that's indeed what he meant then that's a fair complaint, but the truth of the matter is that a lot of people are here aren't all too happy with Reach, but still want to converse with the community. These threads are going to be like this until Halo 4, you can either try to have some fun with it, or be a grump.

Ramirez

Depends on the LCD. I have a 32inch LCD and the response time sucks for Halo. Newer TV's have "Game Modes" that removes any post processing shit thus making it more playable. Then once you get used to it, you'll be fine. I also find that for me, it's more difficult to play as you go up in TV size.

I feel like when I play on a monitor, it doesn't ever get in the way. You just are in the game playing. Plus a good headset, and the MLG Controller and I'm just so happy. But honestly you can get used to any setup if you spend the time on it.

I just didn't know if a monitor offered some clear advantage over smaller TV sets, seems like all of the good players play on monitors...

And yea, when I switched to my 47" it was a pretty miserable experience, I was pretty bummed about it, lol.

Caja 117

343 needs to bring back Rank, just for the wanabe clowns that play on it, Im in Halo 3, and this is the text sent to me from a guy who just lost against my team:

Him:"Im a 50 get one bk"

Me: "If you were legit 50 you wouldnt had lost against a bunch of 39 and 40"

Him: "lmfao i am u r bad and a virgin"

Priceless!!!!

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
There is no way I'm gonna be able to stay up late enough to post in the new thread tonight. Makes me sad. :(

Surprisingly slow for what appears to be a big ish moment.

343 needs to bring back Rank, just for the wanabe clowns that play on it, Im in Halo 3, and this is the text sent to me from a guy who just lost against my team:

Him:"Im a 50 get one bk"

Me: "If you were legit 50 you wouldnt had lost against a bunch of 39 and 40"

Him: "lmfao i am u r bad and a virgin"

Priceless!!!!

lol, love those moments.

Now it will be

Him: I'm A-1, get one scrub

You: Prove it

Him: Your Mom!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I just didn't know if a monitor offered some clear advantage over smaller TV sets, seems like all of the good players play on monitors...

And yea, when I switched to my 47" it was a pretty miserable experience, I was pretty bummed about it, lol.

Beautiful for everything else tho, I'm sure.

I guarantee if you get yourself a little Halo setup you will play better and be happier playing. You can get a more than acceptable monitor for like 120. Grab a headset, Astro Mixamp and you'll be in heaven. I seriously couldn't go back to playing Halo on anything else. Except maybe a nice tube tv.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
If that's indeed what he meant then that's a fair complaint, but the truth of the matter is that a lot of people are here aren't all too happy with Reach, but still want to converse with the community. These threads are going to be like this until Halo 4, you can either try to have some fun with it, or be a grump.

I'm not trying to be too serious about it. Half those dudes are indeed regulars or whatever. (Except Tashi =P)

HaloGAF is burning through threads these days, faster than ever. It's not really a good thing. The amount of folks lured here from other communities.... is kinda silly. We always need new members though, always important to grow.

Can' wait to read these threads in a few years from now to see which members stick around. That's always fun.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess

Input delays.

Standard CRT (tube) TVs have <1ms delay.

A good PC monitor will have between 2 and 1 MS delay while bigger TVs can go up to and above 20ms. It may not seem like much but it does make a big difference.

I play on a Samsung Syncmaster with 2ms delay and 1080p. Great for gaming.

blamite

Fells like this thread only lasted like a week and a half. Crazy. If we actually get another info drop of some kind before now and H4 launch, I can only imagine thread lifespan would be cut in half.

Ramirez

Beautiful for everything else tho, I'm sure.

I guarantee if you get yourself a little Halo setup you will play better and be happier playing. You can get a more than acceptable monitor for like 120. Grab a headset, Astro Mixamp and you'll be in heaven. I seriously couldn't go back to playing Halo on anything else. Except maybe a nice tube tv.

Definitely gonna look into it next tax return, my 32" Vizio is about 5-6 years old at this point, I'm ready to get a new toy. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom