• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

We take it very seriously; we support this in a variety of ways, like with Halo Waypoint, which is going to have a relaunch with new additions, like stats support, come November.

which is going to have a relaunch with new additions, like stats support,

new additions, like stats support,

new additions,

like stats support,

We take it very seriously

A5pV0.gif
^THIS. Also, please make a seperate site for Halo 4 Service Records, Filesharing, Etc. b'cuz Waypoint is slow, cluttered, and buggy.

The question could even be stretched to Black Ops 2's ranking system, spectator mode, CoDcast mode, and theater mode, which was answered by saying "we're going to have stats... still."

I'm sure they'll do some new things with stats regarding Waypoint, but it's so... unsatisfying; anticlimactic. We've waited so long to hear about ranks even, that this answer is like finding a water bottle in the sand while you're stranded in the desert, only to pick it up and find out it's filled with a vapid, unsettling, around the bush type answer.

I'm not upset, sad, or mad about the news, or lack thereof, but just come out and say it. No need to badger the competitive community with loose answers again and again.

No need to say they care when they're just going to say "Stats"

Striker

...favoured the team that spawned on the high ground (dur) for power-ups/weapons and had too many nooks and hovels for shotgun campers. Dirty, dirty map.
That's because you were playing Shotty Snipes with radar, yet another shitty gametype Bungie loved cramming down everybody's throat. Throw it in with the rest of the pile with instant arm Assault, VIP, and Land Grab.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
We take it very seriously; we support this in a variety of ways, like with Halo Waypoint, which is going to have a relaunch with new additions, like stats support, come November.

which is going to have a relaunch with new additions, like stats support,

new additions, like stats support,

new additions,

like stats support,

We take it very seriously

A5pV0.gif

That was probably the best answer he could have given. Unless you preferred, "ehhh we care but not that much. I mean, obviously, we haven't announced ranked playlists and there's no spectator mode. I think that says a lot. However, we're revamping Halo Waypoint to offer a ton of stats. *shrug*

JackHerer

The question could even be stretched to Black Ops 2's ranking system, spectator mode, CoDcast mode, and theater mode, which was answered by saying "we're going to have stats... still."

I'm sure they'll do some new things with stats regarding Waypoint, but it's so... unsatisfying; anticlimactic. We've waited so long to hear about ranks even, that this answer is like finding a water bottle in the sand while you're stranded in the desert, only to pick it up and find out it's filled with a vapid, unsettling, around the bush type answer.

I'm not upset, sad, or mad about the news, or lack thereof, but just come out and say it. No need to badger the competitive community with loose answers again and again.

I agree. At this point they should just confirm or disconfirm skill based ranking. Either it's in or it's not - don't keep us hoping and speculating anymore...

Since e3 they have been saying that the Prometheans and Covies will team up. I wish they would have left it a secret, but ah well.. it makes sense given what little we know about the Covies there.

Oh really? I did not know that - must've missed it somehow. That is a pretty big plot point to reveal.

This caught my eye as well. Is this just a misquote or something or did Frankie let something slip? I don't believe we have heard about them working together. In fact, in the E3 trailer you see a Promethean vaporize an elite.

Since e3 they have been saying that the Prometheans and Covies will team up. I wish they would have left it a secret, but ah well.. it makes sense given what little we know about the Covies there.

GhaleonEB

I am going to go home and have dinner soon.

If this thread passes 20,000 posts in the meantime, do not panic. It will be okay. I will post the new thread shortly thereafter.

Remain calm.

u4iX

That was probably the best answer he could have given. Unless you preferred, "ehhh we care but not that much. I mean, obviously, we haven't announced ranked playlists and there's no spectator mode. I think that says a lot. However, we're revamping Halo Waypoint to offer a ton of stats. *shrug*

It was a great political answer for sure, but I almost uttered an audible groan in an empty, dimly lit room, alone.

It's humorous the article is titled "Exploring Halo 4's e-sports side with Frank O'Connor" and one out of the six questions is about the competitive gaming side. It's fitting really.

Again, not upset. No hard feelings. It makes sense.

They don't really need new stuff though its good enough™. We're all going to buy it day one. Nothing we can do nothing they need to do. Lets love this crazy little merry-go-round of shit were on.

I feel like I'm being forced to watch Madagascar.

Fotos

They don't really need new stuff though its good enough™. We're all going to buy it day one. Nothing we can do nothing they need to do. Lets love this crazy little merry-go-round of shit were on.

I feel like I'm being forced to watch Madagascar.
Why do you even post here?

feel

I'm not at home but apparently the Console-style UI for Steam is out. Looks slick in the screenshots. Can't wait to check it out later, supposedly it works nicely with the xbox controller's guide button.

Why do you even post here?
He plays more Halo than the rest of us combined.

Where was this known @E3? I've only begun to find out since the GI exclusive issue and this gamespot e-sports article that was just posted... Can you help with a source plz? :)

IHaveIce

Banned
I'm not at home but apparently the Console-style UI for Steam is out. Looks slick in the screenshots. Can't wait to check it out later, supposedly it works nicely with the xbox controller's guide button.

It is like the Xbox Dashboard but in good and the controller keyboard solution is incredible, can't believe nobody from Microsoft thought about it.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
It was a great political answer for sure, but I almost uttered an audible groan in an empty, dimly lit room, alone.

It's humorous the article is titled "Exploring Halo 4's e-sports side with Frank O'Connor" and one out of the six questions is about the competitive gaming side. It's fitting really.

Again, not upset. No hard feelings. It makes sense.

Oh ok, that post made you look a little ticked off/annoyed. What's weird is that the 2nd question feels like a general question and Frankie brings the pro gamers into it. And I agree, the title of the article is misleading.

Where was this known @E3? I've only begun to find out since the GI exclusive issue and this gamespot e-sports article that was just posted... Can you help with a source plz? :)

Uh, Ill look for it, But I rember an interview with Frankie where he was talking about the Prometheans and how sometimes they will fight fight the covenant and sometimes they will team up with them and create unique gameplay opportunities.

Slaker117

I can't remember if/where it was reported, but the mission chatter in the spartan ops level they were showing mentioned them working together.

BigShow36

So are the Promethean's taking advantage of the Covies and their misplaced faith or are they actually allies?

New erotic fanfic inbound.

The Promethean Knight thrust his glistening Light Rifle into the jowels of the Elite trooper. "I can feel your Promethean Vision slowly canvasing my body..." the Elite moaned, "Baring my very flesh to your gaze." The thick, hot metal of the rifle began to transform...

Uh, Ill look for it, But I rember an interview with Frankie where he was talking about the Prometheans and how sometimes they will fight fight the covenant and sometimes they will team up with them and create unique gameplay opportunities.
Holy Shit! Please and Thank You!
I can't remember if/where it was reported, but the mission chatter in the spartan ops level they were showing mentioned them working together.
Damn. This. This will be epic. Thanks Slaker!
This caught my eye as well. Is this just a misquote or something or did Frankie let something slip? I don't believe we have heard about them working together. In fact, in the E3 trailer you see a Promethean vaporize an elite.
Epic Battles IS Confirmed! Lol

Random post, but I love the way that Nylund portrays Halsey, specifically in Ghosts of Onyx. Things like "She had to at least appear to know everything". Halo Reach was ok I guess, but im not sure I like the direction they've been pushing the character.
She is, after all, mother of
dragons
Spartans.

Fuchsdh

I admire GAF's restraint. Usually the last five pages are spam since people wanna Sai the next OT.

I really hope we see the Mammoths in one giant arena map....

Its literally Karen Traviss putting her prejudices into her writing. She did the same thing with Force users.

It's my pet Halo peeve, kind of like no 1-50/no Grenade Launcher/nobetterfeaturefrompreviousHalogame that others on Gaf have. For the life of me, I simply cannot understand why 343 would let a woman who has never read a Halo book that wasn't hers and has never played a Halo game write her biases into canon.

Oh good are we again discussing Traviss potrait of Halsey?

Has no problem discussing lack of flag dropping/proper ranking system/etc over and over and over and over again.
Gets upset when Halsey's treatment by Halsey is brought up about 1/50th of the amount that the above is.

It matters to some people, including me, okay?

I agree that Halsey in Glasslands felt a little too villainized, while Parangonsky somehow felt idolized. Also, Halsey as a character seemed to backtrack a bit on her growth from GoO.. I mean, I can deal with it, but it felt forced and out of place when other ONI characters doing other bad things were treated as shifty people that are just making hard decisions. Well Halsey may have been more interested in personal gain rather than the greater good, but even so.

Tawpgun

Halsey was a GILF in Reach

Pretty hot young Halsey in the Keyes Terminal in Anni.

I would make sure not to make a tactical error with her.

Top Bottom