• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Fotos

master_chief_gangnam_tyu9g.gif

heckfu

Banned
New map is called Solace. Not the remake.

New mode: Dominion. Mode surrounds around fortifying and capturing bases that over time give you weapons and vehicles.

Bsigg12

So spartan rank is gone, solace is the new map looks great. Forerunner based. Dominion is large team base capture mode

Hype has just gone of the rails, this looks amazing.

Korosenai

Omg dat new mode. Omg.

The fortress aspect seems really cool.

Also, this diablo 3 skit is absolutely terrible, even though they did use the term poopsock. Sooo bad.

Enfinit

GTTV Halo 4 part 4:

Holmes back from multiplayer talk. New progression system, loadouts, same old same old. NEW MAP: Solis. Small, symmetrical, Forerunner. Jungle-y and overgrown. NEW MODE: Dominion. Team-based. Teams capture bases. Bases become fortified after a set time controlled, weapons then drop. More bases you hold = more powerful your team is.

GTTV Halo 4 part 4:

Holmes back from multiplayer talk. New progression system, loadouts, same old same old. NEW MAP: Solis. Small, symmetrical, Forerunner. Jungle-y and overgrown. NEW MODE: Dominion. Team-based. Teams capture bases. Bases become fortified after a set time controlled, weapons then drop. More bases you hold = more powerful your team is.

Sounds kind of like the command posts in Brink. :) I'm excited.

heckfu

Banned
So Invasion (Slayer) and Domination mixed together!

Which sounds pretty fun!

Also, don't know if it's been shown before, but did yall see the melee kill at the end? MC ripped off the promethean lance from the body and stabbed him with it. Holy god.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Dat fuckin Solace Sky Box!

Wow.

But yea, symmetrical, medium sized. Sign me up.

Dominion looks fun. Then Josh was like, "the longer you hold the base, the easier it becomes to defend" we'll just see. My guess is it will play out like fighting a war on multiple fronts. Distribution of resources.

Also, UI throughout looked fucking sexy! Wow.

Everything in the episode looked great. Can't wait. Bravo.

Bases also build defenses like turrets around it for the longer you hold it.

Now that IS interesting... hmmm I wonder if you can control the weapon drops for each territory individually or if it is global to the gametype. I hope it is on a per territory basis so you can basically control the weight of incentive for each "base".

Top Bottom