• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

daedalius

Speaking of Didact, is it ever explained how Cortana knows that he's the Didact after his first cutscene in Mission 3?

The Elites are also saying "Didact... Didact... Didact" when he emerges from his space orb of doom.

When is the new comic out?

Found the preview, pretty wild. Looking forward to #9

Wonder if Blue Team is going to make an appearance in Halo 5.

I'd love it, but I feel like they'd be difficult to properly integrate into the plot without running into the "expanded universe knowledge required" problem Halo 4 had.

Although, now that I stop and think about it, that's only really an issue if they pair them with the Chief. If they're part of Locke's story line, that makes it a lot easier for them to exposit, and puts less pressure on the emotional side of things than seeing them interact with Chief. Plus, you could have potential "old teammates assigned to hunt down rogue leader" drama.

I think blue team must be in considering the beta has Fred's armour in it. Why else would they add in a one off armour set like that?

Might just be a fun easter egg.

aj1467

I think blue team must be in considering the beta has Fred's armour in it. Why else would they add in a one off armour set like that?

The Elites are also saying "Didact... Didact... Didact" when he emerges from his space orb of doom.

When is the new comic out?

Yes but Chief and Cortana didnt know who was before cortana hacks the covenant warcom (again) and get the info.

In the cutscene is suposed Jul was the one saying "Didact" right?

still the latinamerican version that part is low to distinguish.

Madness

Damn, you actually think the framerates may not be locked at 60fps? I'd rather they scale down resolution or something else for that. First time I play Halo 4, I'm going to try split screen in wreckage, get some incineration cannons and go wild and see what happens. Or do you mean Halo 5: Guardians?

darthbob

Playing through a bit of Halo 4 at the moment and I'm still astonished by how good the game looks for a 2012 Xbox 360 game.

I think the assets will scale really well toward 1080p, hopefully.

I just heard the intro for the second episode for RR, ya'll better get fucking hyped, because it is probably one of the most amazing things to ever happen to this community.

shout out to holly michaels

I just heard the intro for the second episode for RR, ya'll better get fucking hyped, because it is probably one of the most amazing things to ever happen to this community.

shout out to holly michaels

Look, I know you love it, but I'm pretty sure the blajowskie is going to get cut. It'll live on in our hearts.

Vooduu

I'd love it, but I feel like they'd be difficult to properly integrate into the plot without running into the "expanded universe knowledge required" problem Halo 4 had.

Although, now that I stop and think about it, that's only really an issue if they pair them with the Chief. If they're part of Locke's story line, that makes it a lot easier for them to exposit, and puts less pressure on the emotional side of things than seeing them interact with Chief. Plus, you could have potential "old teammates assigned to hunt down rogue leader" drama.

The current comics have Blue Team reunited so far about to face the Didact. Have a hard time seeing them hunt down the Chief.

Really hoping 343i can pull the story off, especially Agent Locke.

The current comics have Blue Team reunited so far about to face the Didact. Have a hard time seeing them hunt down the Chief.

Really hoping 343i can pull the story off, especially Agent Locke.

Depends how they resolve that story line, really. If they do wrap things up (so the Didact is permanently dead, nothing that happens is necessary to understand the plot for 5), it's feasible that Chief may end up going rogue without the rest of Blue Team. If he does, it's feasible they'd be ordered to help Locke find him.

Vooduu

Depends how they resolve that story line, really. If they do wrap things up (so the Didact is permanently dead, nothing that happens is necessary to understand the plot for 5), it's feasible that Chief may end up going rogue without the rest of Blue Team. If he does, it's feasible they'd be ordered to help Locke find him.

I think they may be bringing the Didact back but Locke's mission might become evident through Nightfall.

In other news, saw this while googling...

Ulnx5WW.png

KBi9vuJ.gif

Swear this figure might not see the light of day.

Vooduu

Are we going to hold GAF tournaments during the Holiday break? Would love to play some of you guys in the ultimate showdown.
8KFOvbv.png

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Are we going to hold GAF tournaments during the Holiday break? Would love to play some of you guys in the ultimate showdown.
8KFOvbv.png
I'm planning one. :) I haven't talked about it much because last time everyone wanted to put in their two cents about how to run it, which was kind of helpful, but mostly it was just a shit show. I learned a lot last time, so I feel more confident about this one, anyways.

8KFOvbv.png
Everyone here is terrible at Halo.

The only good Halo players here are Juices and Cyren.

Tiers here are:

Good - Juices, Cyren

Decent - Orichwhatever, Devo, Mix, IceDoesntHelp, U4ix, Nebula

Terrible - Zoojoo, Francas, The other Franca brother, Biggy

Pretty Sure they're AFK - YourExWife, Heckfu, Ghazi.

CyReN

I really don't know if I still have it, been playing on H2V a bit more recently. The Halo 1 skill gap going to be insane though.

h3.gif

Tiers here are:

Good - Juices, Cyren

I don't play halo. Lol

Ramirez

Tiers here are:

Good - Juices, Cyren

As I ninja juices on Halo 3,

"This Ramirez kid isn't even that go-*dead*".

Those were the days.

Tiers here are:

Good - Juices, Cyren

Don't think I've ever seen you played halo online before.

Tiers here are:

Good - Juices, Cyren

Decent?

Lol. Okay. Guess you haven't seen my damn k/d or anything.

Top Bottom