• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hdr on PS4 warning : hdmi black level ?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Finally had a chance to play around, and yup, Limited RGB when playing HDR content is totally borked. Full looks good, though.

On SDR content, Limited and Full should look similar as long as your display has the corresponding setting. I had been using Limited, but I've just decided to switch to Full since it looks just as good and doesn't seem to be messed up for HDR content. Of course, we'll need to see more games with HDR on PS4 to really see what the deal is.

Could the fact that Limited RGB has issues have something to do with the Deep Color setting on PS4? It needs to be on for HDR to work at all.

Lg C6 here, when I switch on HDR I've noticed that the games go super dark, if I check the game's settings I need to move the brightness bar all the way to the right to make it take it to the same level as it was before , while it is ok in the middle when non HDR content is being played. Black level is set to limited in the PS4 and to "low" in the tv

Are the black levels fucked in the PS4 or what?

Trying to play second son here and it's just too dark at night time, can't see shit

Does your TV save different settings for HDR and non HDR content? I hope it does, because on the KS8000 you need to max out the brightness for HDR content, and half it for non-HDR content. HDR content is supposed to show brighter values than non-HDR content can show. So if you don't max it out, you're squishing HDR to not show brighter values than non-HDR content, and thus everything will look darker because HDR content is formatted to show brighter values.

f@luS

More than a member.
Again. Put dynamic contrast for hdr it has to be on lg oled and brightness will be the same as non hdr.

What we probably need is for people to post

HDR game you're playing
Model of TV
Settings on TV for game mode (colour levels etc)
Setting on PS4 for colour levels
If you're happy with the image
If not. Why (too light/too dark etc)

I will have more of a play with Second Son and Deus Ex tonight. Will be interesting to see if the last of us intro at night is as awfully dark as second son as well.

Then I will post my details up.

im actually anxious more than excited about my PS4 Pro arriving next week now.

Top Bottom