• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Heavens to Betsy!" Mark Russel is writing Snagglepuss, but this time.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing I didn't consider in my weird huff was that with title length limits murgatroyd may not have even fit. I hope I didn't come off as an asshole, I'm aware it's a really trivial and stupid thing to get irked about. Sorry for being so snippy, maybe *I* need to exit stage left ):

Are there any other HB properties that're gonna get this kind of treatment from DC that we know about? Off the top of my head I'm aware of Flintstones, Scooby-Doo, and Wacky Racers... did they do a Jetsons? I've always liked the classic HB characters and I've tried to think up ways to reboot them a couple times over the years, this isn't how I'd have done it but I'm still glad someone's doing SOMETHING with them and making them relevant again.

Jetsons and Dastardly & Muttley.

Jetsons and Dastardly & Muttley.

Oh shiiit, my dad's always been a huge fan of Muttley, gotta keep an eye out for that. Hope it's good!

I'm just remembering something I read on GAF about the Jetsons reboot a while ago, something about Rosie is now the soul of George's mom in a robot body? And someone said he has an affair with her? What?

Ross61

Oh shiiit, my dad's always been a huge fan of Muttley, gotta keep an eye out for that. Hope it's good!

I'm just remembering something I read on GAF about the Jetsons reboot a while ago, something about Rosie is now the soul of George's mom in a robot body? And someone said he has an affair with her? What?
No

I think you mean "Heavens to Murgatroyd!"

Betsy sounded better.

I know this is months old but I'm kinda irked by this response, it doesn't really matter if "Heavens to Betsy" sounded better, the catchphrase of the character that the thread is about is "Heavens to murgatroyd". It's synonymous with him, to the point where if you type it into Google he appears in the top right of the results page even if you don't include his name in your search.

Seriously OP, what the heck?
Changing a character's catch phrase to something else just because you think it "sounds better"?
That's absurd.

Another thing I didn't consider in my weird huff was that with title length limits murgatroyd may not have even fit.

Considering that the OP used an ending string of 9 periods for some reason, Murgatroyd would have fit perfectly fine.

jstripes

Banned
I always liked Snagglepuss when I was a kid. I'm glad he's finally getting something new.

Hmmm, I might actually set foot in a comic shop for the first time in god-knows-how-long to check this out.

Watch out for the angry nerds complaining about SJWs. I've already seen a few of them.

Seriously OP, what the heck?
Changing a character's catch phrase to something else just because you think it "sounds better"?
That's absurd.

Considering that the OP used an ending string of 9 periods for some reason, Murgatroyd would have fit perfectly fine.

I stand by my choice!

The series is written by Garth Ennis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom