• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideki Kamiya annoyed on twitter, tells fanboy to use his own brain

Rezbit

:lol Wow, those are some truly retarded questions. I think Kamiya was probably laughing every time he got a new one.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
He answered my two questions and they werent very smart. :D

X26

Banned
I love DMC, but I don't give a shit about the plot and can't imagine that not being the case for most others, this guy is nuts

TreIII

Fersis said:
He answered my two questions and they werent very smart. :D

I asked him if he was interested at all in developing a fighting game some day. Apparently he has no such interest... T_T

That's the most hilarious interview I've read in years. Reminds me of when Chunklet interviewed Janeane Garofalo.....sooooo uncomfortable.

duckroll said:
You know, from the bits where Kamiya is actually serious, it sounds like DMC never really changed significantly from his original "Biohazard 4" game. It seemed like it would always have been about some guy and his partner attacking a gothic castle, fighting his brother and father, etc. The only difference is probably that the castle was probably the property of the Spencer family and related to Umbrella, similar to what we've seen of such manors and stuff from RE1, RE:CV, and the Spencer flashbacks in RE5.
You got it right there. It was basically the same "cool" style, just that the changed all the biotechnology stuff to demon stuff when it became Devil May Cry. I pieced the rest of the development history together in the Wikipedia article some while ago.

mr_nothin said:
It's like reading the questions of someone who's sour over DmC. The white hair question reeks of that...
No, it's actually just someone who obsesses over the early versions of Resident Evil 4 and asks the same things on message boards again and again and again.

Kusagari

# Uh-huh. RT @SlayerMaiden666: @PG_kamiya You should try Mass effect or Dragon age (start with first game cause it reflects the sequels)

# To tell the truth... not at all... RT @SlayerMaiden666: @PG_kamiya Yeah not to interested huh about 1 hour ago via Seesmic Desktop

:lol

randomwab

Would have been more interested in 1.5 questions, but whatever.

Twitter; allowing fans to annoy video game developers since 2006.

john tv

Jesus, is that all from one guy? Leave the poor man alone for God's sake. Kamiya's got loads of patience - I would've told the Q&A dude to F off by this point. Yeeeesh.

Dead

well not really...yet
Kusagari said:
# Uh-huh. RT @SlayerMaiden666: @PG_kamiya You should try Mass effect or Dragon age (start with first game cause it reflects the sequels)

# To tell the truth... not at all... RT @SlayerMaiden666: @PG_kamiya Yeah not to interested huh about 1 hour ago via Seesmic Desktop

Not a bioware fan, eh Kamiya?

hilarious.

kamiya responds all day to EVERYONE (i'm assuming, given the frequency of his updates). this isn't the first time i've seen someone barrage him with a list of terrible questions either.

don't feel bad for him, he probably enjoys it on some sick level.

john tv said:
Jesus, is that all from one guy? Leave the poor man alone for God's sake. Kamiya's got loads of patience - I would've told the Q&A dude to F off by this point. Yeeeesh.
Knowing ashkan, there will definitely be a round three (there already was a round 1 on 1.5). :lol

Also great:
@PG_kamiya Thanks, then I would definitely buy it. It would be awesome if you publish a English version of that book.
"Hey Kamiya, could you please translate and publish that Devil May Cry book whose rights belong to Capcom?"

What kind of question are those? I'm surprised Kamiya kept his cool this long and still answered those questions. Some of those responses. :lol Oh man. A good read. :D

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TreIII said:
I asked him if he was interested at all in developing a fighting game some day. Apparently he has no such interest... T_T
I asked the same! :lol

I also asked what tools did he use for game design: Word and Excel, same as every game designer. :lol

andymcc

Banned
duckroll said:
Did anyone ever ask him directly why the PS3 version of Bayonetta was not by Platinum? :lol
I'm pretty sure someone did. I think he responded by saying that they could only focus on one of the platforms.

Fersis said:
I asked the same! :lol

I also asked what tools did he use for game design: Word and Excel, same as every game designer. :lol

He's a character, that's for sure. I interviewed him last year for Bayonetta and after playing the game I asked him:

“I noticed the butterflies and butterfly wings Bayonetta has… are they symbolic of anything as they’re usually used to symbolise the human soul in stories…”

[pause for translation]

[Kamiya looks at me and chuckles]

[translator replies]: “No, I just thought they looked pretty, for a woman.” :lol

He’s one of the good ones.

ezekial45 said:
Has anyone tried asking him about a Bayonetta X Devil May Cry crossover game?

I'm very curious about what he'll say.

He has been asked that. He said he thinks the idea would be cool, but I don't think he really said much more than that.

It really is cool that he's willing to answer so many questions on Twitter. This topic almost makes me feel guilty since I've asked him several things too (not as many as this ashukan guy, though).

ezekial45 said:
Has anyone tried asking him about a Bayonetta X Devil May Cry crossover game?

I'm very curious about what he'll say.
He's said that he'd love to, if Capcom and Sega would let it happen.

Gomu Gomu

cbrotherson said:
He's a character, that's for sure. I interviewed him last year for Bayonetta and after playing the game I asked him:

“I noticed the butterflies and butterfly wings Bayonetta has… are they symbolic of anything as they’re usually used to symbolise the human soul in stories…”

[pause for translation]

[Kamiya looks at me and chuckles]

[translator replies]: “No, I just thought they looked pretty, for a woman.” :lol

He’s one of the good ones.
:lol :lol :lol

Prime Blue said:
Knowing ashkan, there will definitely be a round three (there already was a round 1 on 1.5). :lol

Yeah. Good stuff.

"Because 1.5 was totally sit. RT @OKeijiDragon @PG_kamiya Very interesting answer! Well put! Why would you say that, Kamiya-san?"

:lol "totally shit"
Man... I still want to try out RE 1.5. Some elements sounded awesome and I actually liked the design of the police station more. That eerie blue tone and the more sterile, small town police station style was neat.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I just clicked on the link in the OP and realized I have no idea how to read Twitter. Is there some kind of easy-to-follow guide out there for how to parse this thing?

john tv

rockman zx said:
Is someone from P* translating or Kamiya can write in english?.
It's him. His English is pretty decent, all things considered. I think he's using Twitter to practice, too. :)

Top Bottom