• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hiroshi Kawano and Shuhei Yoshida talk PS4 in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
TGS will be a Beast of a show

a Sony game with beasts in it..
g2vwrBo.gif

Elios83

The obvious platforms for Persona 5 are PS3/PSVita.
If Nintendo steps in with a deal full of cash there might be a 3DS ''betrayalton''.
But Xbox One exclusive? Seems without any logic base, Atlus is not going to kill their 'best selling' series with such a dumb move which would alienate their whole fanbase. Bigger brands have been greatly damaged in the past for such stupid decisions. And Microsoft isn't going to be interested in such title. Sakaguchi, Tales of, Star Ocean and others couldn't do anything for the Xbox, what do they have to gain from a game which sells 300-400k in Japan as its best market? It's pointless for both parts.

a Sony game with beasts in it..
g2vwrBo.gif

I wouldn't take this as confirmation of anything, but Keats did show up in the demo reel Sony showed at E3 this year. A few times, in fact. At the very least, someone at Sony knows what Folklore is and remembers it.

Imagine if Sony got FROM Software to develop Folklore 2.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
What is Yoshiki Okamoto doing now?

Nothing, he retired.

but Takashi Shono (Folklore director) who is matter most here(also Hidehisa Miyashita the writer), just get these two and throw them with Toyama team in SCE Japan Studio for Folklore 2.

I wouldn't take this as confirmation of anything, but Keats did show up in the demo reel Sony showed at E3 this year. A few times, in fact. At the very least, someone at Sony knows what Folklore is and remembers it.

The PS4 reveal/ Playstation Meeting 2013 not E3.

QRSsZEa.jpg

but yeah it was a glorious moment and also completely weird because that video was all about their biggest name games and projects but suddenly Folklore shows, and I was like "Holy Shiiiiii"

Nothing, he retired.

but Takashi Shono (Folklore director) who is matter most here(also Hidehisa Miyashita the writer), just get these two and throw them with Toyama team in SCE Japan Studio for Folklore 2.

The PS4 reveal/ Playstation Meeting 2013 not E3.

QRSsZEa.jpg

but yeah it was a glorious moment and also completely weird because that video was all about their biggest name games and projects but suddenly Folklore shows, and I was like "Holy Shiiiiii"

He was in the E3 video too. They showed the same shot of Keats going into Demon Mode as they did in the PS Meeting video.

RedSwirl

We talked about this in the last thread, but I really do not expect Japan to just "show up" when it comes to next-gen games. Most of those developers have barely even caught up to current-gen. So many of them are still recycling PS2-level art assets for all their games.

The big guys will show stuff off sure. We'll see more Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, Deep Down, etc. We might see one or two next-gen games from Namco, maybe a new Level-5 game, but I think TGS is gonna be dominated by 3DS and mobile.

I still think the most likely platforms for P5 are PS3 and Vita. I'm not expecting Atlus to go full-blown HD graphics -- at best P5 will look like the bar segments from Catherine, which is perfectly fine with me. In my opinion it's just a question of whether there might be an Xbox 360 version, next-gen port (P5G?) or possibly even a Wii U port.

One thing that would be pleasant to see however is Sony going after Japanese indies. We've had companies like Playism and BitSummit trying to bring attention to Japanese indie games and Nintendo's had a couple successes but that's it. It'd be interesting if one of the consoles tried to grab Gero Blaster or a new game from Nigoro or something.

We talked about this in the last thread, but I really do not expect Japan to just "show up" when it comes to next-gen games. Most of those developers have barely even caught up to current-gen. So many of them are still recycling PS2-level art assets for all their games.

The big guys will show stuff off sure. We'll see more Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, Deep Down, etc. We might see one or two next-gen games from Namco, maybe a new Level-5 game, but I think TGS is gonna be dominated by 3DS and mobile.

I still think the most likely platforms for P5 are PS3 and Vita. I'm not expecting Atlus to go full-blown HD graphics -- at best P5 will look like the bar segments from Catherine, which is perfectly fine with me. In my opinion it's just a question of whether there might be an Xbox 360 version, next-gen port (P5G?) or possibly even a Wii U port.

One thing that would be pleasant to see however is Sony going after Japanese indies. We've had companies like Playism and BitSummit trying to bring attention to Japanese indie games and Nintendo's had a couple successes but that's it. It'd be interesting if one of the consoles tried to grab Gero Blaster or a new game from Nigoro or something.

One thing that puzzles me...why are no Japanese indie developers making RPGs? It feels like there would totally be a market for SNES or PS1-style JRPGs from indie studios.

AAK

This thread is full of people that will be sourly disappointed. Japan is handhelds territory. Don't expect console megatons.

Orayn

This thread is full of people that will be sourly disappointed. Japan is handhelds territory. Don't expect console megatons.

I'm still expecting From Software to do some cool things on PS4 and Xbox One with the Demon's/Dark/Dark II warchest. (Especially now that their lead platformn is PC.),

Nags

Banned
I think people need to dial back the rampant, suffocating Persona 5 hype a bit before they end up disappointing themselves. When has Atlus given any indication they're developing a PS4 game in house? It's fairly clear, especially given how they handled SMTIV, that they're not ready to move to the PS3 for a full-sized game, much less the PS4.

If P5 is happening any time in the near future, it'll probably be on 3DS. If it's a PS4 game - and it'd be nice if it was - it'll probably take a while for them to announce it. I mean, I'd love it to happen, but let's at least be realistic here. Atlus really doesn't have a great track record with HD games.

The artistic direction and choice of platform for SMT IV is not indicative of the future of the Persona series. This will not be on 3DS.

The artistic direction and choice of platform for SMT IV is not indicative of the future of the Persona series. This will not be on 3DS.

So what will it be on, then? Persona is not, and never has been, a graphical powerhouse franchise. In fact, P4 was released on the PS2 long after the PS3 was out and on shelves and gaining momentum. There's no real reason for Atlus to put it on PS4 outside of loyalty to Sony, and as we've seen over and over and over again this generation, nobody is loyal to Sony.

People are getting hyped for a hypothetical PS4 Persona game when historical precedent clearly shows that P5 will most likely end up on aged hardware. PS3 is a possibility, but 3DS is even more likely, given the fact that Japan is Portaland now.

Sid

you honestly think Sony of all ppl have no games tho? LOL Sid >_>

Believe tbh
Oh and just FYI we know that Sony has plenty of PS4 games in development but TBH I don't think we'll see much from them at TGS specifically except maybe Demon's Souls 2,I would love to be proven wrong.

DJIzana

Damn.

I honestly can't remember the last time I've been so hyped for TGS.

I've been to TGS... once. Back in 2010. That was the very last, GOOD, TGS they actually had. I'm so happy I got to experience it and I really DO hope this one will be just as hype worthy as that one was.

I still have my construction worker hat from Capcom, my Monster Hunter 3 bag among other things that I got from my trip. Best of all? I got to be one of the few to actually PLAY Mega Man Universe before it got canned. :D

Interfectum

I've been to TGS... once. Back in 2010. That was the very last, GOOD, TGS they actually had. I'm so happy I got to experience it and I really DO hope this one will be just as hype worthy as that one was.

I still have my construction worker hat from Capcom, my Monster Hunter 3 bag among other things that I got from my trip. Best of all? I got to be one of the few to actually PLAY Mega Man Universe before it got canned. :D

Did you really need to bump this?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
TGS will be a Beast of a show

This fucking guy... dropping hints all over the place for almost a year.

Project Beast was originally planned to be revealed last year at TGS? Maybe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom