• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[HOAX] Rockstar doing motion capture work for GTA 6 now [HOAX]

deo

Banned
I wasn't the biggest fan of Five. And with the direction Rockstar went with GTA Online I've grown even less interested in the game..... But here I am, with the slightest hint of a new GTA, suddenly all excited again! I shouldn't do this to myself!!

you really shouldnt...being let down sucks. But hopefully it doesnt happen again. Its always best to temper expectations

For those that like that idea of a GTAVICE, would you want it to take place in the 80's or would you be okay with it being a modern take on Miami?

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Lol at expecting GTA6 in 2019, just a year after RDR2.

2021 is your best hope, cross gen with PS5/XBTWO.

deo

Banned
For those that like that idea of a GTAVICE, would you want it to take place in the 80's or would you be okay with it being a modern take on Miami?

Is there still a huge drug war in Miami? I'd love for it to be modern day but still be focused on the drug war

ty_hot

Normally I would guess 2 years from RDR2 but they will have to rush a little to not be "forgotten" in the end of the generation. They need it before the PS5 is out, because it sure wont be a PS5 launch title. First half of 2020 maybe?

Anyway, I hope it wont be multiplat with PS5, I expect the next GTA to have big crowds, very dense city center and stuff like that. Current CPUs can't do that. GTA6 on Ps4 and 7 on PS5 hopefully.

Cincaid

Excited, but considering how well the multiplayer did for V I wouldn't be surprised if the next entry had priority on that. I wouldn't even be surprised if the next entry is multiplayer only.

Endo Punk

I may get this one considering my last GTA was Vice City. I hope they change era's and don't set it in present time or maybe have gta set in 2 different era's, that would be amazing. Playing in 70's and the same city in modern time.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Can't really say I care about GTA VI if they are going to be focusing heavily on GTA Online still.

I hope there is something that resembles a single player campaign. I might pick it up second hand and trade it in when I'm done. This will be the first time I don't pre order a GTA game. It used to be my favourite game series but Rockstar have ruined it for me.

cantona222

GTA-VICE.gif
I like it

I know the drug wars were hot in the 70's and 80's, but I hope it would be the 90's. Maybe early 90's and they'd take on the post-drugwar power void. Bring back the payphones and pagers and maybe car phones.

I need the swamp in GTA, but is it more Northern Florida? Also my biggest wish is the return to single main character gameplay. Was not a fan of three characters and the main reason I never finished V.

But I think they'll keep the three or at least two character dynamic at play and it'll be in the modern days since they're so involved in their in-game internet and mobile phones. And sure, I'd understand it.

Stiler

A new game set in Vice City in the 80's would be great.

Just wish they'd try a non linear story progression so the story can unfold differently depending on how you play and choices you make.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Suggests they're making good progress as mocap work is usually done in the latter stages of development.
Mocap and full on performance capture work for games is done during early production as well, doesn't mean it's nearing completion. Often times you'll have actors used heavily during prototyping.

Edit: Not necessarily with final talent but that isn't out of the question either. Big budget productions often cast early (with announcements of such much later on).

If any of you guys remember, Donald Love from GTAIII was obviously a parody of Donald Trump. Back then in GTAIII, he was just a business man but if they set this game in the present day, maybe they can make him president xD

If they get Kyle MacLachlan back to voice him and mesh in a bit of his Dougie Jones character from Twin Peaks for a Trump-like President Donald Love, it'd literally be the most excited I'll ever be for a Grand Theft Auto game. EVER!

deo

Banned
If they get Kyle MacLachlan back to voice him and mesh in a bit of his Dougie Jones character from Twin Peaks for a Trump-like President Donald Love, it'd literally be the most excited I'll ever be for a Grand Theft Auto game. EVER!

lol yeah. And GTA3 was set in 2001 so they can age him up and give him a combover

PSOreo

I just hope that whatever the setting of the next GTA entry happens to be, they still give us a solid single player campaign. However given how happy Take Two and I imagine Rockstar themselves are over the massive success of GTA Online, I wouldn't put it pass them to make that the priority.

I don't know why but I can picture comedian Hannibal Buress with his own radio station in whatever the next GTA is. That would be dope as hell.

Bramble

After GTA 5 i decided to never buy a R* game again. I generally hate the movement and controls and character animations. Even the first Uncharted does that all better. And I never get the scale of R* games. It literally feels like a minimap to me which should make you feel like it's huge, but it never succeeds. Tons of games do a better job in that department.

Never finished a R* game, because I simply get bored after a few hours and I just don't believe the world I'm in.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Just release it when it's done. You know it'll sell like ctazy for the next 17494627 years Rockstar so just skip all business crap.

Whatever shape GTAVI takes, just please let it be as funny and outrageous as V, and not dour and po-faced like IV.

And don't place too much emphasis on that MMO shite.

deo

Banned
After GTA 5 i decided to never buy a R* game again. I generally hate the movement and controls and character animations. Even the first Uncharted does that all better. And I never get the scale of R* games. It literally feels like a minimap to me which should make you feel like it's huge, but it never succeeds. Tons of games do a better job in that department.

Never finished a R* game, because I simply get bored after a few hours and I just don't believe the world I'm in.

The controls really are terrible and clunky and unresponsive. Its weird because MP3 and RDR played better so I dont know why GTAV still struggles from GTA4's control scheme

I'll be hyped about GTA 6 either way, and returning to Vice City would be cool... but a whole new area would be more exciting imo.

San Andreas is one of my favourite games of all time, but I got no real enjoyment out of the fact that GTA 5 was also set in SA/Los Santos.

I was hyped about the return to San Andreas prior to the game's release, but playing the game it just felt like a totally different vibe to me (not in a bad way necessarily) than San Andreas.

Being set 21 years apart from each other might account for that though. Still loved the game regardless, but yeah.

I feel like it'd probably be a similar story with a return to VC.

I think something totally original would be better personally.

Would absolutely love a new GTA set in a different country, England perhaps.

Bramble

The controls really are terrible and clunky and unresponsive. Its weird because MP3 and RDR played better so I dont know why GTAV still struggles from GTA4's control scheme

MP3 yes, but far from perfect. RDR controls just as bad as GTA, imo.

deo

Banned
What other locations would people like? (other than Vice city ofc)

Carcer city (chicago/detroit. Its not very clear) or Liberty City. I just want another city based games with no mountainous areas again. Whenever R* makes games with cities and mountainous regions it turns into a pissing contest for biggest map. And the bigger the map, the less depth there is and details that could have bettered the overall gameplay.

We desperately need a new city for GTA VI.
Not sure I'm up for another San Andreas or Liberty City playground again.

Whatever shape GTAVI takes, just please let it be as funny and outrageous as V, and not dour and po-faced like IV.

And don't place too much emphasis on that MMO shite.

lol you already know they'll have massive resources dedicated to GTA online.

Scotia

Banned
I really want GTA6 to be in Vice City. After that they can go wherever they want.

They've done Liberty City in 4 and they've (kinda) done San Andreas in 5. It's time for Vice City in 6.

jacobeid

Banned
After GTA Online happened I'm really not all that excited for GTA 6. I don't think Rockstar will be going in the direction I want.

I'm still excited, albeit with a bit of pessimism. Same with Red Dead. Rockstar's current trajectory is not for me.

TheMan

Great, super early into production in mid 2017. So we'll see the game 2020 at the earliest.

What are next gen development times gonna be like?

Audioboxer

Excellent, but yeah, hi 2020/2021. Hope it's cross-platform day 1, but it's Rockstar they might try and do the PS4/XB1 release, with the "enhanced" PS5/XB2 release coming 6 months later at full price again.

I haven't once touched GTA online, so I do hope it's still an addition to the product and not the whole product.

Great, super early into production in mid 2017. So we'll see the game 2020 at the earliest.

What are next gen development times gonna be like?

Probably about the same, we're hitting a bit of a plateau, where the VA/motion capture we're doing now is still going to be how it's done for the foreseeable future. It's just going to be about better graphics, higher resolution and framerate for a while. Not to mention "everything" is already open world right now...

Top Bottom