• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy shi- it's that guy! Mindblowing actor stuff.

samwyse

Neo Member
Keamy from Lost

m8Gleu1.jpg

was Joshua (Dark Angel)

I2IWfWV.jpg

Moff

not that mindblowing since he is an mask, but it surprised me to read that Hugh Keays-Byrne played both Immortan Joe in Fury Road and Toecutter, the main villain in the very first Mad Max movie
Toecutter-and-Immortan-Joe.png

Mr. X

I can't post pics. Sorry. :(

I hear people talking about Billy West with good reason. Man's awesome. His most watched role is the voice of the Red M&M. The voice of the Yellow M&M? Oscar winner JK Simmons.

Before Brad Garrett was a regular on Everybody Love Raymond he was a voice actor. One of his earliest roles was playing the voice of Hulk Hogan in Hulk Hogan's Rock n Wrestling. In the show there was a character based on Junk Yard Dog. JYD was the first voice role of James Avery AKA Uncle Phil.
Brad Garrett was Lobo in Superman TAS

James Avery was Shredder in the old TMNT cartoon.

I was watching the awful film Chain Reaction with Keanu Reeves the other day, and this familiar-looking flower delivery boy appeared... a young(er) Michael Shannon.

Ovid

not that mindblowing since he is an mask, but it surprised me to read that Hugh Keays-Byrne played both Immortan Joe in Fury Road and Toecutter, the main villain in the very first Mad Max movie
That's cool.

I never saw the first Mad Max. Is he supposed to be the same guy with a different persona?

Melchiah

Bryan Cranston in Saving Private Ryan

CAVHeDJWUAECdQL.jpg

He's also in Babylon 5.

LcdErIRl.jpg

He also played Lord Vlle in another dystopian film, Salute of the Jugger (AKA The Blood of Heroes), starred by Rutger Hauer. Highly recommended for fans of old Max Max movies.

rsPEG4u.jpg

Alx

Shallow Grave is one of my favorite movies, and I only learnt today that David was played by Christopher Eccleston, known for Doctor Who.

Even knowing it, I find it hard to recognize him.

eso76

Is this the same actor? The guy from Jessica Jones is the random black guy with an afro in Macklemore's "Downtown" video? I always thought that was such a weird thing to include in the video. Who is he? Whats he doing? He must be important.

y12ESL8.jpg

And isn't the girl in the pic Jesse's landlord in BB season 2 ( in watching season 2 of BB so don't spoil me !)

kavanf1

Surprised Black Hawk Down hasn't been mentioned. It's got a ton of big names in it (some who maybe weren't so big at the time):

Phil Dunphy from Modern Family (Ty Burrell)

Legolas from Lord of the Rings (Orlando Bloom)

Will Graham from Hannibal (Hugh Dancy)

Max from Mad Max Fury Road (Tom Hardy)

Jamie Lannister from Game of Thrones (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau)

The Dad in Bloodline (Sam Shepard)

Malfoy from Harry Potter (Jason Isaacs)

Ari Gold from Entourage (Jeremy Piven)

Alex Mahone from Prison Break (William Fichtner)

Ray Fiske from Damages (Zeljko Ivanek)

Nero from (JJ Abrams') Star Trek (Eric Bana)

The Perverted Truck Driver from one episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (Tom Sizemore)

Obi-Wan Kenobi from Star Wars prequels (Ewan McGregor)

Slevin from Lucky Number Slevin (Josh Hartnett)

Mist

Banned
I haven't gone through the whole thread, so this may have been posted already.

tumblr_mlmq0iRxjI1qf7m6no1_250.gif

tumblr_mlmq0iRxjI1qf7m6no2_250.gif

They play Will Graham and Hannibal in Hannibal. And the text is quite fitting.

DIRTY-D

So my Step-Father stayed with us for the Holidays and he is a huge Sherlock Holmes fan. To get us ready for The Abominable Bride episode we decided to watch a couple of Sherlock movies to kill some time before hand.

We watched Mr. Holmes and thought it was a great movie that kept us entertained with a different type of pace than we were used too, and made me happy it showed us Holmes at the end of his career.

MV5BMTg5MjE0Njk0MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTgwMjQ4NTE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

One scene had Sherlock go to a day-time matinee of a Sherlock Holmes movie to see how far Hollywood had evolved the character and pushed him into sort of satire of how the real Holmes lived his life.

During this scene with the real Sherlock watching the Sherlock Holmes in the movie....I noticed the actor playing Sherlock looked familiar....but I could place a name with him.

Later I soon forgot about the scene until I went on HULU and found the Steven Speilberg movie "Young Sherlock Holmes".

BAM!!! it hit me...Holy fucking shit. The guy in the movie that was playing the matinee version of Sherlock Holmes was the same fucking actor. Nicholas Rowe. MIND BLOWN!
51uAii2vPAL.jpg
]

Loxley

My mind was recently blown when I found out that this little kid from the first couple Harry Potter films...

5EizmYk.png

...was Magnitude in Community O.O

AZHZImB.gif

aoFiYqg.gif

Daffy Duck

So I am watching 28 Days Later at work and I realise Naomie Harris (Moneypenny from the new bond films) is in it as Selena:

bVxaHOFl.png

45ylWVnl.jpg

I Googled just to make sure then it showed me that she is also Calypso in POTC.....

I had no idea

v1ySjnMl.jpg

Bishop89

I think ive already posted this ages ago, but it still amazes me that Misha Collins (Castiel-supernatural) was Alexis Drazen in 24.

tumblr_lxp5gkcC8Z1qfch0z.gif

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I just started watching Love on Netflix, and the AT&T girl is playing the male lead's ex-girlfriend.

Top Bottom