• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn 2, Gran Turismo 7 and FF 16 (4Chan Leak)

horizon 2 by the end of 2021 sound great.

eN1SmRw.gif

Vawn

Banned
The leaker uses the word "Winter" which immediately rules out his source/document as invalid. Publishers refer to that season as "holiday" and have done as long as I've been gaming.

Winter would be 1st quarter, holiday would be 4th quarter.

Pizdetz

Banned
I wish some of these "leaks" told us what the launch titles were.
That's the only thing that matters, with no good day 1 exclusives buying on launch is throwing away money.

AlexxKidd

The first game was a massive success and it's triple A. If they're going to show it it'll either be the opener or the closer.

In particular the "8 minutes of gameplay." So not only do they have to show Horizon 2 (not a given), we have to see 8 minutes of gameplay at the top of the show. I think that's something specific enough to where if it happens I will give them credit. If they just said "Horizon 2 will be there," I'd tell them to fuck off because a 9 year old could make that guess.

FStubbs

I highly doubt it'll be a launch title given the original took 6 years, not to mention the learning curve of new hardware,architecture,retooling/rebuilding the engine etc

I'd imagine the learning curve for PS5 will be near zero given the architecture is the same. It's a PS4 on steroids.

Geki-D

Banned
In particular the "8 minutes of gameplay." So not only do they have to show Horizon 2 (not a given), we have to see 8 minutes of gameplay at the top of the show. I think that's something specific enough to where if it happens I will give them credit. If they just said "Horizon 2 will be there," I'd tell them to fuck off because a 9 year old could make that guess.
"Leaker" says about 8 minutes. It's worth pointing out that at every E3 when Sony live demo gameplay it's generally about 8-12mins (God of War, Spider Man, Days Gone, TLOU2...) so it's not exactly a massive leap to say 8 mins.

Just to really solidify where this 8min number is coming from, guess how long the Horizon Zero Dawn gameplay stage demo was?

Minus the pre order bit and Playstation logo at the start (both of which wouldn't have been there during the E3 conference)... We come to something like 8 mins 10 secs... Yeah, so sorry if I'm not impressed if Horizon 2 does have a demo that's "about 8 mins long".

ZywyPL

Banned
HZD2 and GT7 are pretty much a given at this point, too many same rumors/leaks out there. SM2 as well. I mean, there's zero chance that games that sold so well won't receive a sequel.

SleepDoctor

Banned
Horizon 2 seems like the most consistent rumor going around. Perfect for me since in the middle of my playthrough now.

I honestly want at least one game new and unexpected.

leo-j

FF 16 as a timed exclusive would be huge imo.
HZD 2 as a launch window game would destroy worlds.
And GT7 as a cross gen game would destroy worlds too.

Kumomeme

be it FFXVI reveal tommorow end up true or not, but to think that there highly chances that this time after a decade of era where we gonna have development lead other than name like Toriyama and Nomura is intrigued me.

we probably gonna see return of big name or new blood leading the project, which is refreshing.

Last edited:
Some of the people hating on Final Fantasy XVI without even seeing what it will look like must be new to the series - every mainline entry is unique and different. It's not going to be another Final Fantasy XV. We're long overdue for a brand new Final Fantasy to be announced and Final Fantasy VII Remake just came out (they can announce Part II during TGS or sometime later).

I personally hope Hiroyuki Ito is leading development on Final Fantasy XVI but it's more likely that it will be some new blood or perhaps Yoshida.

Some of the people hating on Final Fantasy XVI without even seeing what it will look like must be new to the series - every mainline entry is unique and different. It's not going to be another Final Fantasy XV. We're long overdue for a brand new Final Fantasy to be announced and Final Fantasy VII Remake just came out (they can announce Part II during TGS or sometime later).

I personally hope Hiroyuki Ito is leading development on Final Fantasy XVI but it's more likely that it will be some new blood or perhaps Yoshida.

Rumors say its Yoshida, but he recently started to be debunk it. I do not believe him, his probably trying to hide it, because if he says yes then that will look bad on him for leaking information.

Last edited:
I refuse to believe HZD2, GT7 and FF XVI is ready for release...day one..all coming in 2020 holiday.....

Its just felt too good to be true man...

If they said a new call of duty game, assasins creed valhala, FIFA, Godfall..and one or two weird new ip....that would be much more beliavable.....
And preferable..

LOLCats

Banned
ill say it again since my previous post was deleted. if this is what they are showing it will be bland as fuck and as PS fan I do not have a lot of hope for this gen.

...is that a better post, you censoring fucking mods, where are we, RE or reddit?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I can’t wait to see how good the HZD2 graphics are! The first one was a graphic marvel!

I hope to god GT7 isn't crossgen

Sales wise GTS didnt blow off the room so I think its in their interest to be crossgen if they want to make any money out of it. But lets see after this event tonight, maybe they could be making a different version for PS5 or they could announce like always a day 1 patch that will take full advantage of PS5 so there would be a graphical difference.

I wish some of these "leaks" told us what the launch titles were.
That's the only thing that matters, with no good day 1 exclusives buying on launch is throwing away money.

Dont worry an official announcement will tell you that. Leaks are just unconfirmed news. Hold your horses a few more hours.

UnNamed

Banned
Horizon 2 is basically confirmed since Guerrilla is working on it since 2016.
A new GT is always present in EVERY new Playstation console reveal, no doubt it will be the same this time. Maybe not a true GT, but we'll see a tech demo at least.

FF16 is tricky but it would be huge if true.

Myths

With the exception of FF16, everything else sounds commonplace. As in, it’s something most of us are probably already guessing.

NewChoppa

Banned
Sales wise GTS didnt blow off the room so I think its in their interest to be crossgen if they want to make any money out of it. But lets see after this event tonight, maybe they could be making a different version for PS5 or they could announce like always a day 1 patch that will take full advantage of PS5 so there would be a graphical difference.

GTS sold...8 million copies while being a complete departure from past games. I also doubt they'll release on old hardware again when they've already done it for when GT6 came out, which was criticized for that very reason, and is the lowest selling game in the series

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I refuse to believe HZD2, GT7 and FF XVI is ready for release...day one..all coming in 2020 holiday.....

Its just felt too good to be true man...

If they said a new call of duty game, assasins creed valhala, FIFA, Godfall..and one or two weird new ip....that would be much more beliavable.....

Its 4 chan, so 99% chance this is bullshit.

I can believe HZD2 and maybe even GT7 (hell, all they need to do is take GT Sport and add on a proper SP mode and call it good). FF16? Not a fucking chance in hell.

Well nobody said todays event is talking about launch titles. Other developers are using this chance to promote their games as well that are maybe targeting winter 2021. So having FF16 reveal is not impossible. They are just showcasing what a next gen game will look like. "Please be excited"

Last edited:
Top Bottom