• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaster

Gamesradar + - 4.5/5

Apologies if already posted, didn't see it in the OP.

Seems like it's a hit, though concerned that a couple of the sites I normally trust haven't taken too well to it and a few of the ones I never trust seem to love it.

Eurogamer have given it a non-accolade review, not sure if they get listed in OPs here.

Laughing just thinking about all the "I'm concerned about Horizon" posts /threads we had in the last couple months.

Congratulations GG.

GG.

Skux

TFW you realise you still have to wait more than a week to play the damn thing

giphy.gif

Riposte

Nah. I guess I should start putting /s at the end of my posts.

I disagrees with that review, but they have every right to make that review.

People put /s in their post when they are saying the opposite of what they mean. Pretty clear that isn't the case. "Edgy" and all that.

tmac456

its hilarious reading review threads and watch people who essentially won a coin toss gloat about being right

because we've never had big budget really high profile games flop before

also hilarious that people hope a game fails. people are excited that a game from a well known dev that went outside their comfort zone has turned into a success

Piggus

Really happy for Guerrilla. They were obviously really excited about this project, and it shows. I was going to wait until after finishing Zelda, but this a day-one purchase for me now.

K.Sabot

RDR2, BOTW. I think those are guaranteed.

I have my doubts on BOTW, it won't be everyone's cup of tea.

And it will be a lot of people's cup of tea of the millennium, the game isn't trying to homogenize itself to so many playstyles and audiences. I thought this game could do it because it was a very standard open world game with homogenized rpg elements and reached into the most audiences, but there's still a chance. 40 reviews isn't the cap for AAA games (usually around 60-80 reviews), it can still hit 90.

Hoo-doo

Banned
It's in the top 2% of all games reviewed on OpenCritic with an 88 based on 40 reviews.

I'd say this game is pretty good.

vivekTO

I'm not seeing much of an issue with those particular quotes.

I know without context it is not , just read his whole review , Again not a problem with the score as the game is already sitting at 90, but the particular review is just being so edgy and sarcastic, atleast be serious because you are not explaining thing in meaningful ways.

Anyway, Still waiting for the Washington post review :p

Floody

Ugh how are people managing this and Zelda in the same release window? I want to get both but if I get Horizon right away I'll probably put it away when the Switch comes out. 3 days is not enough to finish it.

I've decided I'll just hold of Zelda until I get a Switch, already have too much on my plate as is and playing two open world games right after each other will probably just burn me out.

killroy87

Glad to see the numbers allow people to justify their enjoyment! Stoked to play it next week, doubly so after seeing these sweet, sweet scores.

Memento

So people aren't allowed to predict something that goes against what you think?

There was ZERO reasons to believe this game would flop critically and commercially. It has been praised since its reveal from the people that played it and the marketing is everywhere. You need to actively want for it to flop if you "predicted" it would be one of the biggest flops of the year.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
will something break 90 this year

Most of the Game of the Year candidate titles last year landed in the 85-89 range. It's pretty hard to get to 90+ these days.

I think only Overwatch, Uncharted, and Forza Horizon 3 did it last year of the $60 games last year.

SomTervo

It's in the top 2% of all games reviewed on OpenCritic with an 88 based on 40 reviews.

I'd say this game is pretty good.

Based on the Impressions this isn't that surprising. Rather than curving downwards they curved upwards and the early players have been enjoying it more and more.

The world evidently really grows and develops hour on hour on hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom