• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I don't know if anyone asked this before. But can you unlock the pre-order outfit in the game? Or is it exclusive pre-order items never to be seen again unless bought as separate DLC?

I don't think you can unlock them. A poster earlier indicated a playthrough of over 60hrs and not seeing the outfits in the game.

Be0vlYr.gif

OdGfEbD.gif

Approached my first tallneck. Unfortunately in the rain...but even that was absolutely epic in this game. O:

32964806122_134af79b6e_o.png
Another awesome shot

This is a pre-rendered cutscene/scene from a cinematic trailer for any other game

These graphics for an open world is just insane. The genre has to step its game up now

Gradly

Another awesome shot

This is a pre-rendered cutscene/scene from a cinematic trailer for any other game

These graphics for an open world is just insane. The genre has to step its game up now

Yea true and I'm angry cuz i don't have 4KTV and HDR to get the full potential :(

Tyaren

And the lighting in this game...*drools* No matter if a vibrant, sunny morning or a rainy night, this game always looks so pretty.

33079985976_1ab4e39fb4_o.png

32739018840_907c97793c_o.png

This is in fact the only open world game where I wouldn't want to immediately switch back to day once it gets dark.

Gurish

There is a review of Horizon in today's biggest newspaper in my country, it's scoreless but the headline they chose for the review is "The most beautiful game in the world", I live in a small country but I have a feeling this game is gonna big.

Formosa

Just bought the game today. Damn it's amazing. It's like 10 times better than uncharted 4. Not sure why there are so much hate about the facial, they look pretty good to me. But HDR on FF15 still looks better than Horizon tho.

The Ummah

Banned
Those gifs, I can't take it. I've been on a blackout, but this game looks so beautiful. Can't wait to run it on my Pro.

For RE7, they dropped off the game at 10:30. Really, what time I'd end up getting back from Best Buy anyways. Here's hoping for good luck this time also, I'm clearing out that day for this!

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Guerrilla G, you did it you crazy bastards. You made it. Thank you. Have an extra piece of cake, on me. I'll send a check from Memphis.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Sorry if this has been answered already, but is there a photo mode (a la Last of Us Remastered)?

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
To be honest, it's kind of a shame they didn't give Aloy at least slight traces of a six pack. She is super fit and her arms are ripped too. Would have looked super sexy and badass. :)

She has abs showing in that picture, not sure what picutre you're looking at hombre.

Tratorn

Yup and with that my prediction will be spot on.

Until we get the next <= 8/10 review. :p

The 88 vs 89 battle will be interesting. There are probably still like 15-20 scores from smaller sites left, that probably have a similiar weight.
Atm there are more >= 9/10 reviews and hopefully/probably that'll be the case for the rest of the reviews as well, but a 8/10 score has more impact on a 88/89 game than a 9/10.

Nyx

Please have shops sell it today, please have shops sell it today, please have.... oh snap, this isn't going to work now is it.

Skeletron

I don't know if anyone asked this before. But can you unlock the pre-order outfit in the game? Or is it exclusive pre-order items never to be seen again unless bought as separate DLC?
The completionist in me cries out on pain but screw the pre-order outfits. Not worth an extra $20.

Just ordered the regular edition. Hyped as fuck. The last game I bought full price was No Man's Sky so uh...fool me twice, shame on me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom