• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn Spoiler-free Impressions (for real this time)

Never "feels" right for him, not his kind of game, never resonated, etc.

Very controls oriented player, he places big emphasis on how game feels to play.

The how could he not love Ratchet, Bloodborne, MLB the show? Heck UC4, TLOU has fantastic mechanics..Hard to take him serious knowing this

vivekTO

I mean, if it was all atmospheric, wouldnt the fog stay in the screen you as you move closer instead of disappearing?

I Mean this is how fog works in real life, I am from the most foggy cities in the world , sometimes the view distance is 6 feet , but it wont mean that if i move forward the fog stays the same , your view distance will increase again by 6 feet.
Sorry if i am coming out as an aggressive to you, but that is not my intentions, you clearly do have something different in your mind.

I mean, if it was all atmospheric, wouldnt the fog stay in the screen you as you move closer instead of disappearing?

No, visibility in fog changes as you move in it (in real life). It is largely dependent on how thick the fog cover is.
Lighter fog in real life will kind of emulate the short draw distance fog of video games.
Heavier fog will generally be hard to see anything regardless.

It's definitely a lighter fog in those pictures because you can still see everything behind them.

vivekTO

Are we really arguing about fog in here or are we joking should I go back more pages what is happening lol

I was not earlier but now i am, this is my face

Michael-Scott-angry-stare-at-toby.gif

I Will wait for the Washington Post Review , they are only which can be trusted with unbiased review.

"At one point, Aloy raised her arm to reach a handhold and it looked suspiciously like a nazi salute. Game is anti-semitic and Sony should apologise right away.

8.5/10."

Gitaroo

Jeff Gerstmann kind of teased that he likes the game on a recent video. He said something to the effect that he doesn't like a lot of Sony's first party software, but they might be turning it around...you'll know more soon.

Irc he really dig Watch Dog 2, I wonder if the critics are going to shit on this game because of the Ubi soft open world towers and collectible and give zelda 90+ if that game turns out to be even more like a typical ubisoft open world game.

The how could he not love Ratchet, Bloodborne, MLB the show? Heck UC4, TLOU has fantastic mechanics..Hard to take him serious knowing this

Most, not all. He likes BB. Dunno about R&C games.

ND games never clicked for him. In terms of shooter gameplay, he's more a Gears/CoD person with tighter gunplay.

LotusHD

Banned
Irc he really dig Watch Dog 2, I wonder if the critics are going to shit on this game because of the Ubi soft open world towers and collectible and give zelda 90+ if that game turns out to be even more like a typical ubisoft open world game.

The rivalry persists...

Man, this is sounding pretty good.

First world problems, sure, but it's really annoying that this game, Zelda, and Nier Automata are so close together, release-wise.

Harmen

If it is misty outside, I can not see in the distance but can clearly see anything in close proximity. Unless it is really, really thick fog or an actual smoke screen or such. But normal foggy weather over here does not work the way you describe it.

jayu26

Welp, the thread is gone to shitter. It lasted longer then I thought it would. Nothing ever comes out of those chans things.

"Fog doesn't disappear the closer you move." What the fuck am I even reading...

Memento

I am so weak. I've just watched ALL the last trailers they have been posting in the PS official Youtube channel.

It looks spectacular.

Reviewers have been remarkably quiet for this game. Usually we have a dozen snippets going around.

I think the fact that the embargo is up 8 days before the game releases has cut some of that out.

Everything will be known in 3 days time and will see how it fares. I still think it will settle at 85 which to me is a great score.

Dunno if you've received an answer at this point, but on PSN preloads typically start two days prior to the release date. So if Horizon comes out on the 28th, it should download to your HDD on the 26th. The time at which preloaded games become playable can vary from game to game, but in my experience the usual time is 12:00 am EST on the day of the release.

Hope that helps.

that helps alot. thanks!

It did until reviews came out. it was hyped all the way from reveal until reviews.

No it wasn't. There were endless threads even here on GAF about how poor it was looking in preview coverage. In fact many people blamed the press for unjustly giving a poor impression of the game.

The Order getting slammed in reviews wasn't really a surprise.

It did until reviews came out. it was hyped all the way from reveal until reviews.
First preview that pops up when you search "The Order preview"
The Order has really good graphics. No-one can deny that. That’s very common for a new franchise on a new console (even if the PlayStation 4 is a year old now) and we can totally understand why it was a priority. But after having played it, what we don’t understand is why so little effort effort has gone into the gameplay. We don’t just mean in the sense that it’s been overlooked but that the developers seem to actively resent its necessity.

Sure but the hype train for UC2 and TLOU were crazy and we all know how that turn out .
Some will live up to the hype and others will crash and burn which normal for everything .

to be fair UC2 and TLOU are from devs that are very well loved with a huge following and lots of awards. it's a big difference to hype a ND game compared to a RAD game or Hello Games Game

Kill3r7

Controls/mechanics are only one part of it. He just does not care about most Sony titles. He also has a tendency to favor FPS games. Horizon should play well with him as he is a big fan of Far Cry.

No it didn't. There was a LOT of concern about that amd limited amout of footage we wwee getting pre-release. Don't try to rewrit history.

Monday can't get here soon enough so all the shit flinging can stop...somewhat.

These agendas are so transparent.

Top Bottom