• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn SPOILERS Thread

Here's the intro captured with the Share feature on my PS4 Pro (my TV is not HDR, and it's only 1080p). Please quote to view.. It's still processing so it'll be up in a minute or two. EDIT: It's up.

I noticed a screen tear or two on the video that I did NOT notice while watching it live on my Pro.

Enjoy.

Looks like this has been hit by copyright claims.

The Lamp

Well if the intro is ninja'd, the first gameplay is still here (quote to view).

I'm uploading both videos in full quality for download anyway. Sorry sony ninjas!

PrimeBeef

It's a video showing a guy with a ugly baby which anyone would have abandoned, getting serious Chucky vibes. Beautiful stuff.

I'm usually one to defend tastes, but that baby/kid Aloy is ugly. With that said and my lack of interest in this setting, the more I see of it, the more I may get a PS4 for it.

This game seems to be a big mix of everything but with a hell of a nice new coat of paint.

-Mass Effect dialogue trees and side quests
-Huntin/gathering like Tomb Raider
-Light platforming/scaling walls like Uncharted (though Aloy is much faster)
-Witcher sense for following footprints and blood trails
-one hit kill stealth takedowns like Batman or Uncharted
-Far Cry crafting system (animals needed for pouches etc)

Playing on Hard, two solid hits will kill me so I've mostly been playing the stealth route (hiding in bushes and whistling like in MGS to bring an enemy over one at a time)
oh wow, was going to start on very hard but may choose hard now. What's the challenge level compared to something like DMC, Souls or Bayonetta?

LuuKyK

Holy shit @ the young Aloy gameplay.

Decima Engine is a beast. Graphics are unreal.

Also, for those worried about the writing... these first few minutes have been perfect in that regard, from the script to the voice acting and animations. Young Aloy is so adorable.

Loudninja

Also, for those worried about the writing... these first few minutes have been perfect in that regard, from the script to the voice acting and animations. Young Aloy is so adorable.
Yeah I skim though the vid so cute.

vivekTO

Her running animation looks somewhat weird..
Good intro gameplay overall.
And somewhat puzzle section as well , good.

KooopaKid

Banned

I agree. The decay of the old world is very interesting. It reminds me of The Last Of Us and a bit of Metroid Prime. Young Aloy is slightly creepy looking though.

suedester

Banned
Looks fantastic. My only criticism is the lack of water reaction when Aloy runs through it. Very odd oversight. I'm guessing there must be some technical reason for it.

Mifune

Mehmber
Not the most scintillating first ten minutes of gameplay, is it?

But that's totally cool. Seems pretty engrossing and decently written. Great music!

Skyo

Both apples are gone! I repeat, both apples are gone ;(

Didnt get to see it-was on the bus home and couldnt quote on mobile..

LuuKyK

Her running animation looks somewhat weird..
Good intro gameplay overall.
And somewhat puzzle section as well , good.

Looks like the way a young kid would run imo.

I agree. The decay of the old world is very interesting. It reminds me of The Last Of Us and a bit of Metroid Prime. Young Aloy is slightly creepy looking though.

I think its her hair-do. Looks weird indeed. Cute nonetheless.

Looks fantastic. My only criticism is the lack of water reaction when Aloy runs through it. Very odd oversight. I'm guessing there must be some technical reason for it.

Water seems to be the worst part of the engine, I agree. But to be fair it is like that in most of the engines, just look at U4.

the receiver stuck to her temple
like a magnet

ROBOT CONFIRMED
It seems quite blatant

- Not supposed to interact with the ruins of the Metal World
- Rost was supposed to look after her, but not grow attached
- She isn't considered a child by the other priestesses

All signs point to her being artificial.

The Lamp

It seems quite blatant

But the idea of an artificial being growing from a baby to adult is weird...but then again this whole game is weird. The robo dinosaurs obviously are reproducing somehow.

It seems quite blatant

Yeah...I'm beginning to think that's not really the twist. Since everything points to that being the case and that being so obvious, something else is likely the real meat of the game.

One intriguing bit, was the old ones we're "without God" so to speak, could be making statements how religion is somewhat an afterthought in modern society today, but this new civilization respects creation and "mother" and get I enjoy it more fully.

It's all pretty intriguing to me

But the idea of an artificial being growing from a baby to adult is weird...but then again this whole game is weird. The robo dinosaurs obviously are reproducing somehow.
I doubt it's actual reproduction, but who knows. I think there's an automated facility still manufacturing the machines; probably controlled by an AI that was responsible for ending modern civilization.

Patapwn

It seems quite blatant

My theory right now is that I think she might be a genetic clone / something like a replicant which was created when one of the tribesmen explored and played with equipment in one of the ruins. I would imagine that this somehow flies in the face of the particular tribes religion so she was made an outcast.

That's the best I got

vivekTO

Some gameplay screenshots

Ck0dCRI.jpg

Twookie

It seems quite blatant

yup yup

kept thinking the same thing while watching it

The fact you keep commenting on how cute the child looks is reaching max levels of creepy just so you know.
I don't really see how that's creepy.

My theory right now is that I think she might be a genetic clone / something like a replicant which was created when one of the tribesmen explored and played with equipment in one of the ruins. I would imagine that this somehow flies in the face of the particular tribes religion so she was made an outcast.

That's the best I got
I like her being a flesh n bone clone, rather than an android or cyborg.

Top Bottom