• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn - The Machines Videos

hEist

thought I could wait after I played Zelda, but after the last couple days/videos, I couldn't resist and pre-ordered it. I hate myself.

Cyberia

Two promising excerpts

"One thing is immediately clear from the moment you get your hands on a controller: the combat is intense and deeply tactical. It's a far cry from the heavily refined (yet ultimately tiresome) combat systems found in the Batman Arkham and Assassins Creed games, far more fluid and intuitive than the heavily scripted systems of The Witcher and Dragon Age, precise in a way that Skyrim could only dream of. Horizon Zero Dawn might be branded an action-RPG, but it often feels like an action game first"

"What continues to surprise us is just how deep Horizon: Zero Dawn seems to be. It's a game that requires you to think your way into every combat and situation and then, subsequently, to victory. Whether you choose to shoot off armor to expose enemy weak points - making use of traps, your bow and numerous arrow variations to make precise shots - or you decide to shoot weapons off the larger enemies and turn them on the machines, it will force the smart AI to reach in new and interesting ways"

Another excerpt:

‘'While we have (and will continue to have, until we can see the final game in action) concerns of how well the studio will be able to manage quest design and overall cohesion between its wider narrative and overworld – something genre veterans still struggle with to this day - the core of the game is just so damned impressive.''

I hope such encyclopedia detailing all the robots will be available ingame.
You're in luck
XoRs7Vv.png
YUSLgAI.png

I have never seen such detailed enemies in any open world in terms of details, animations range of attacks, weak points needing strategies etc...

So the Tunderjaw is level 27 which means you need to avoid it whenever you encounter it until you reach that level to be able to fight it.

I am wondering when are Sony going to release 2160p videos for this game. They only did it once at the PS Meeting when revealing the PS4 PRO.

vivekTO

Any chance you can "hack" and fly on that thing?

Well i think it is confirmed(by guerrilla) that there is no flying mounts, but might be they are keeping secret for later.

I am wondering when are Sony going to release 2160p videos for this game. They only did it once at the PS Meeting when revealing the PS4 PRO.

I think , they won't. Untill unless they have a pro bundle and need to advertise that.
u won't be seeing much official gameplay footage, we might get a Pro enhanced feature video at some point before release.

El Topo

I have never seen such detailed enemies in any open world in terms of details, animations range of attacks, weak points needing strategies etc...

So the Tunderjaw is level 27 which means you need to avoid it whenever you encounter it until you reach that level to be able to fight it.

Didn't the guy on the live stream said he could beat it at lvl 15? Given how the fight progressed at lvl 10 I'd say it seems to depend more on your skill and inventory.

jmaine_ph

Didn't the guy on the live stream said he could beat it at lvl 15? Given how the fight progressed at lvl 10 I'd say it seems to depend more on your skill and inventory.

Yea you can beat those higher level enemies at lower levels of course but it'll be tougher and require you to be very tactical.

I also don't think that 27 is the actual level of the enemy, but rather his danger level. So I could see level 40 Thunderjaws.

X-Frame

Yeah I remember that, but he was only level 10 in the video. Plus if I remember correctly he wanted to buy arrows that are a Thunderjaw weakness but he bought another gun instead due to the community.

So possibly if you exploit every weakness and avoid its strengths and have the right gear you can take on these enemies -- at least probably at the lower difficulties. I plan on hopping in at the highest difficulty.

Cyberia

Do we have any confirmation as to whether you able to ride any flying machines? Mathijs said ''no comment'' a few weeks ago.

Ancient ruins!!
7MEdiES.gif

IHuTFfS.gif

zz3huwX.gif
Wow. I was actually getting sick of 'ruins' in my games due to almost every RPG having them and I did sort of go 'yeah, but we did have TLOU' when they were discussing human buildings but these few shots have gotten me.

Playing a game where the ancient, collapsed civilisation is us may actually be really fun and aesthetically this looks amazing.

The God

Two promising excerpts

"One thing is immediately clear from the moment you get your hands on a controller: the combat is intense and deeply tactical. It's a far cry from the heavily refined (yet ultimately tiresome) combat systems found in the Batman Arkham and Assassins Creed games, far more fluid and intuitive than the heavily scripted systems of The Witcher and Dragon Age, precise in a way that Skyrim could only dream of. Horizon Zero Dawn might be branded an action-RPG, but it often feels like an action game first"

"What continues to surprise us is just how deep Horizon: Zero Dawn seems to be. It's a game that requires you to think your way into every combat and situation and then, subsequently, to victory. Whether you choose to shoot off armor to expose enemy weak points - making use of traps, your bow and numerous arrow variations to make precise shots - or you decide to shoot weapons off the larger enemies and turn them on the machines, it will force the smart AI to reach in new and interesting ways"

Hopefully that's not exclusive to the thunderjaw

Two promising excerpts

F86Qc4R.gif

So just a Ubisoft Clone right?
Nonsense!

Top Bottom