• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horror Game Leak - Alpha build screen shots and art. Maybe Sony game (not Bend)?

Corpsepyre

Banned
Oh shit, that's some stupidly awesome artwork there. Hopefully this IS a game of some sort. The Giger influence is shining throughout.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

Dusk Golem

Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

Dusk Golem

Corto

Actually, as a friend pointed out to me, it kind of looks like a grizzlier Abes Oddysee... Honestly, it kind of does. XD;

I don't think that's it, but it's an amusing thought.

The main character? could pass for a modernized Abe take. But the setting is too much darker and unsettling. I haven't played Shadow of the Beast but could it be this? The new PS4 Shadow of the Beast?

the TMO

tnv2urj.jpg

While the egg looks similar that doesn't look like a Xenomorph to me.

Yeah, there are some differences, but the similarities are too hard to ignore. Hope this isn't from a cancelled project as it's now right at the top of the games I'm most looking forward to hearing and seeing more from.

That shot of the humanoid/Alien looking out over a wasteland also fits in with the Prometheus theme of the engineers visiting and seeding worlds.

Would be pretty interesting if this was a Prometheus game tie in...

Arsenic13

Rely on Horror Managing Editor here,

we're trying to get the person who sent these screens to give us some information on whether this is an indie project or if he or she is leaking something from an established dev and/or publisher.

We'll run a story if we get info of substance.

Hmm...I remember there being a tease of sorts one or two E3's ago where people got emails and such with cryptic audio messages and such. I wonder if this is related to that.

m360

Hmm. Heard Crystal Dynamics will announce some creepy horror stuff ... but could even be Arcanes Prey 2.

It looks like a shot from Alien because of the common Giger influence. It doesn't look like anything specific from the known Alien universe to me.

As the poster above mentioned, there's a strong Prometheus vibe to the images.

That with the strong Giger vibe and I have to believe this is tied to the Alien universe in some way.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

That with the strong Giger vibe and I have to believe this is tied to the Alien universe in some way.

But the Prometheus vibe is because of the Giger vibe. All the similarities can be tied together via Giger without any reference to Alien. You're adding up pieces of evidence that can all be reduced to "Giger influence."

Jaeger

I don't think so. Despite the biomechanic aspect of the images (more oganic than anything Giger has done too) this isn't his work or Aliens aesthetically.

It is certainly inspired by it though.

Reminds me a lot of Halo's Precursors. It's hard to really justify given the Precursors have little to no physical art assets to go off of, though. It's going by book descriptions.

Xpliskin

So it is a new IP, not SOMA related.

I didn't even know about Giger, seems his works transcend a lot of sci-fi alien movies/games.

-FPS
-You play as a weak unarmed alien in an alien world
-You can see your body
-seems you won't be using weapons

sooo...another amnesia-like set in an alien world ?

Trailer please.

Top Bottom