• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How to get a diverse friend circle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Saw this article on the Baffler the other day and it reminded me of your thread - "Token-Hunters: Your Friendship Is Not a Gift". It'll give you a different perspective, the minority who has a white person vying for their friendship to meet some sort of diversity quota in their friend group.

Anyways, if you are truly genuine in your search and not trying to progressive virtue-signal, people in this thread already offered good advice. Meetup.com, join different clubs and groups, don't be set in your ways when it comes to new activities. Or even trying for different careers. And hey, maybe try to not be so condescending to your coworkers even if they are "racist Trump supporters", being empathetic and kind goes a long way to meeting new people in general.

Why are you looking for a diverse group of friends? Who cares? Befriend those who you have common interests with, why do you even care the color of their skin or ethnic background? I am white and have mostly white friends, most black people I know have mostly black friends, most males I know mostly male friends, etc. That's just how it goes, there's nothing wrong with it.

thegoosen

Neo Member
I don't get these posts that backfires against the OP. Showing interests on socializing with non-white/non-straight people hasn't anything to do with generalizing them.

Why are you looking for a diverse group of friends? Who cares? Befriend those who you have common interests with, why do you even care the color of their skin or ethnic background? I am white and have mostly white friends, most black people I know have mostly black friends, most males I know mostly male friends, etc. That's just how it goes, there's nothing wrong with it.

This thread feels weirdly defensive. ANYWAYS.

Get out of that conservative bubble of yours, OP, as fast as humanly possible.

Skelter

Banned

Also find it a little offensive myself. Diversity is great but you don't just collect us. It's friendship, you can't just force someone to be your friend.

This thread feels weirdly defensive. ANYWAYS.

Get out of that conservative bubble of yours, OP, as fast as humanly possible.

Doesn't seem that weird to me. Yes, get out of your bubble OP but it really does come off as some kind of checklist to me.

Living in Bushwick Brooklyn

Ayyy, I'm right by Knickerboxer train station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom