• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How to get a Redbull code for Destiny's Exclusive Mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sergoes

You have to wonder how this marketing campaign is going to end up. What's the incentive of going out to buy a redbull if there's a chance the code won't even work. And then what? You have to e-mail/call customer service jumping through loops just to get a replacement code? This is such a disaster. Who knows if they'll ban for this though.

I'm sure that would go over real well and help their continued excellent public relations campaign over the past few months.

Yup.

Bungie would be fucking up if they started banning willy nilly. I mean, at this point I'd expect them to pull something gaudy like that but....I wonder what their response will be.

eXMomoj

God bless you people advocating people being banned for stealing these codes. True heroes.

Too bad it's a wasted effort.

I'm sure there were plenty of people who got codes as part of "giveaways" on chats and forums that thought that they were just getting extra codes from people who bought cans. If anything, Bungie will most likely just remove the content from your account at worst, but likely nothing will happen.

You equated getting free entertainment with protesting.

Take a step back, really. Do you honestly feel, deep down inside, that getting free entertainment is a protest?

Might want to re-evaluate what's really important.

it's not really free though, you have to own the game. a game that many have complained about as being content poor. it's not of value to freeloaders, it's of value to paying customers who own the game and feel slighted by the value they received from it.

I would love for you to provide any time of code, law, or case citation showing an avatar to be in any way a form of piracy.

Until then, revel in having revealed how little you know about copyright law.

Oh is that an image that's licensed to be shared? Copyright laws can be complicated, It's nice that you dismiss my knowledge without given any reason why I wouldn't. You must have been a frontrunner on the debate team.

So they sell their souls for a stupid red bull promotion, but they don't even develop the system so you can't put in a random code and exploit the system?

Holy. Fking. Shit.

What a disaster.

Way to go, Activision.

Farewell

Dear Bungie,

giphy.gif

https://www.bungie.net/en/help/article/11929

They cant do much about it, i mean people can post the generated everywhere in the internet, so you punish a random person who redemeed a code he randomly found anywhere in a forum? Also they cant ask for a proof of a red bull can picture, i mean people are throwing the cans away when they used the code.

Vire

To the people that "stole" the exclusive mission: Joke's on you because you still need to pay Activision $40 for the Taken King to play it.

duckroll

I think at this point this thread is no longer appropriate for the forum. I have gotten PMs about the issue, and have discussed it further with other mods. While it appears this thread was initially given the go ahead, I think we might not have been entirely clear on the exact nature of the exploit. The codes being "generated" possibly invalidating those of legitimate customers does not sit well with me. While it might simply be an inconvenience to replace the codes, it is an inconvenience which should not be there in the first place. As such it does not feel right for us to encourage or condone an exploit of this sort, regardless of the legal grey area it lies in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom