• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HUGE EU PSN Sale - 500+ games on sale (Mainly Japanese?)

Thud

Ok, I keep seeing people recommend Ys but they never explain why. Why is it good? Is it story, gameplay, music? Is Ys Origin a good starting point? Is that Ys game on Vita a better one?

Basically, someone sell me on Ys.

It makes you feel like a badass like Gyro.

How good is Castlevania LOS2? Never played a 3D Vania and I'm mildly curious. Also is Mirrors of Fate HD any better? Head the 3DS version was bad.

I want to try out Edith Finch but I hear it's a walking simulator, and I have a bad history with those. Will wait til it hits £6.

Mantrox

22€ for both Virtue's last reward and Zero time dillemma.

I heard the last one wasn't that hot. Should i save my 15€?

I'd say unless u are a die hard fan of 999 and VLR, buy more noteworthy adventure games/vn like danganronpa.

So far I bought:

Steins;Gate 0 (fkin love it so much!)
Zero Time Dilemma
Gundam Ex VS Force

I am 50 CENTS short for Yakuza 0 lads, gonna rectify this tomorrow

will be further picking up Metal Slug Anthology and FF Type - 0

Gonna be set until X mas
(or when Horizon and Nier go below 40)

BigEmil

I want to try out Edith Finch but I hear it's a walking simulator, and I have a bad history with those. Will wait til it hits £6.
It is a walking simulator. And a bad boring one too I wouldn't bother downloading this even if it appears on PS+

Your better off just watching a playthrough of it on YouTube and spend the money elsewhere

Plum

Got £50 to spend (which only actually cost me £15 after trading in Crash and using some GAME credit up) and, apart from Yakuza, I've got no idea what I want to buy. That leaves me with just under £30 (seriously, fuck prices like Yakuza's) to spend and I'm not sure what to spend it on. Thinking of Edith Finch but the value isn't great and I'm a tad worried about the PS4 performance.

Majora

It is a walking simulator. And a bad boring one too I wouldn't bother downloading this even if it appears on PS+

Your better off just watching a playthrough of it on YouTube and spend the money elsewhere

GTFO.

It's my second favourite game of the year so far. I find it incredible you thought it was boring given how interactive and varied it is compared to the average narrative experience game. There's not an ounce of fat on it and it's constantly engaging, surprising and sometimes moving.

Different strokes and all that but it's practically beyond my comprehension that someone could play through some of those stories and come away from them with nothing to say except they were boring?

Picked up Steins;Gate for Vita. Let's see how this goes. A lot of people have recommended it.

If you haven't played a vn before it's pretty different. Even if you have played a vn its on the slow side of things. I prefer watching the anime, but it doesn't show all the routes so the game is definitely the fuller way to experience/enjoy it.

Plum

So I was going to buy Yakuza 0 until Sony's terrible fucking store on PC completely ate the £35 code after asking for my password. That fucking company has systems run by goddamn chimpanzees, it's the only reasonable explanation for how horrible their systems are. Now time to get onto the phone with CS, though I doubt it'll help.

EDIT: Thank fuck, crisis averted. I tried the code again after re-logging in and it worked. Still, the PS Store on PC is absolute garbage if it can't even handle a simple code and one wrong password (still had caps lock on) before shitting itself.

myco666

Aw yiss. Was about to buy Y0 last week. Glad I waited.

Last one is totally fine. Rough presentation but thats the worst thing about it.

I'd say unless u are a die hard fan of 999 and VLR, buy more noteworthy adventure games/vn like danganronpa.

ZTD is way better than Danganronpa.

Mantrox

I'm a die hard fan of 999 and VLR.
Please don't bother with Zero Time Dilemma.

Last one is totally fine. Rough presentation but thats the worst thing about it.
ZTD is way better than Danganronpa.

Humm, for 15 i think i'll pass then. Thanks.

When it comes to Danganronpa and Steinsgate, etc.. I am completely out of the loop, i don't know the series and dont know what types of games they are.
I just assumed they where some jrpg stuff.

Plum

So I'm gonna get another £10 card and get:

Yakuza 0
Edith Finch
Persona 4: Dancing All Night
Salt and Sanctuary
Dark Souls 2: SotFS

Which leaves me with £4.40. Any suggestions to fill that amount? Was thinking of getting a Final Fantasy on Vita (probably VII) but I doubt I'd ever get round to playing it.

I don't care what anyone says - if you've played 999/VLR, see the rest of the trilogy through and play ZTD. The graphics are janky, the plot pulls one too many things out of its ass, but it admittedly does bring the trilogy to a close. For a cheap enough price, it's worth that much. Plus, the puzzle rooms are as enjoyable as ever, and that's half the fun (for me atleast).

Abylim

Thinking about picking up Toukiden 2, kinda want it on the vita though. How bad is it on vita? If it's bad enough I'll just grab it on PS4, but I played the shit out of Toukiden on my vita

Thinking about picking up Toukiden 2, kinda want it on the vita though. How bad is it on vita? If it's bad enough I'll just grab it on PS4, but I played the shit out of Toukiden on my vita

It's lovely to have such a large open world on the Vita. Ground textures are flat and uninteresting, and graphics overall take a hit, but it's an enjoyable experience and decently smooth.

Plum

So I'm gonna get another £10 card and get:

Yakuza 0
Edith Finch
Persona 4: Dancing All Night
Salt and Sanctuary
Dark Souls 2: SotFS

Which leaves me with £4.40. Any suggestions to fill that amount? Was thinking of getting a Final Fantasy on Vita (probably VII) but I doubt I'd ever get round to playing it.

Ended up getting exactly this but with the Little Nightmares DLC and the song "Nevermore" for P4:DAN

I'd say that's a good haul. Now to decide what I want to play first.

I've got £5 from the PayPal promotion so I'm probably gonna pick something up, no idea what. I'm considering Tactics Orge, I'm playing War of the Lions on my phone currently.

Benedict

Any big differences between the Vita and PS4 version of Dragon Quest Builders?
Both are on sale but Vita version is cheaper.

Ravelle

Fucking good don't miss out on that lil gem.

With the only draw being that you have to start from scratch every chapte and camera control within buildings.

That said, it is a fantastic game. Designing villages is a lot of fun.

Yakuza 0 and Odin Sphere are super tempting to get but I have too many unfinished games on my plate already, buying more isn't the smartest idea.

I know this sale is focused on Japanese games but is there going to be or has there been a sale focusing on Western games?
There's a new sale every two weeks, each has a different theme. Generally there's a large overlap of western games in those sales so it would end up being redundant.
There's also an indie game running side by side of this one.

Unless you're asking why only Japan gets its own sale... In that case the main reasons I can think of are It makes a huge amount of niche and AAA games.It has its own JRPG genre on top of others like visual novels, its a powerhouse in the gaming world. These nicher games don't normally get huge amounts of attention in thr West so the big in Japan sale is/was to bring attention to them(back when they first started the big in Japan sale a couple of years ago).

I watched Castlevania Netflix, enjoyed it, decided to dip my toes in for a sweet £2.49 and got Dracula X Chronicles. And I picked up Tactics Orge. Over all I only spent £3.50, thanks PayPal promo.

Bought:
What Remains of Edith Finch
The Sexy Brutale
Root Letter

And I just finished Edith Finch a short time time ago. Great game.

This is the best sale they've had in months.

Card Boy

Banned
So i wanted my PSN+ sub to run out so i can take advantage of that 15 months for 12 offer but my PSN+ auto renewed so i could not do the offer. I sent a email to Sony support asking if i can get the extra 3 months so they refunded me the money so i can buy the offer again. I got my money back but i still have 12 months PSN+ lol.

edit: false alarm on the free shit, but at least i get to buy the 15 month package now.

For those not aware,
The EU version of Digimon Cyber Sleuth comes with the day 1 dlc , this hasn't/wont be sold seperately. The US digital version doesn't come with this so it's really the only way to get the dlc now.

Top Bottom