• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just discovered another great advantage of playing Star Citizen today

Drizzlehell

Banned
Tired of your old character that you spent dozens of hours with?

Had enough of looking at the same old face and using the same old crap that you've spend so much time grinding for, and you're just looking to start over?

Star Citizen's got you covered buddy!

Since the game is still in alpha 10 fucking years after it was announced, every now and then you can expect a surprise update that will wipe your character data clean, and it will be gone forever!

Tabula Rasa indeed.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Schitts Creek Do Not Want GIF by CBC

killatopak

Gold Member
Probably in a fine print with font size of 2 colored gray, printed on an out of ink printer slapped on a post it note at the back off the page in between 200 pages of documents.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Runs like shit on my 12900k / 4090 as per below

Wow

Haven't touched it since the very early demos, but this is bleak. The game warped you back to bed because it didn't track your movements?

What are these peoples running the game on? Although we don't see the performance, it seems at least playable?

In fact, seeing that video, it almost made me install Star Citizen to see what's up because it seemed like something was finally starting to emerge after all those years.

Thebonehead

Banned
Wow

Haven't touched it since the very early demos, but this is bleak. The game warped you back to bed because it didn't track your movements?

What are these peoples running the game on? Although we don't see the performance, it seems at least playable?

In fact, seeing that video, it almost made me install Star Citizen to see what's up because it seemed like something was finally starting to emerge after all those years.

It kept crashing just after i got in the lift as well.

It was because the system expected a page file - Just needed a little more than the 32GB i have in the rig.

Out of system memory. Failed to allocate 16777215.9 TB

Drizzlehell

Banned
Wow

Honestly it seems to be running worse than last time, and I bought a new GPU since the last time I played it, lol. It stutters non stop and the framerate seems capped at 30 FPS, no matter what settings I put it on.

As for the progress - idk, from what I googled they just wiped the servers clean with one of the recent updates and it simply deletes your character and puts you back at the start with all the shit you got with your starter pack.

Top Bottom