• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN First: No Man's Sky 21 Minute Gameplay Demo

Carn82

But what do you d... ow wait! cool vid :)

is there are way to watch this directly (not through the ign player?)

nynt9

Graphics look kind of rough. Is there any ambient occlusion?

is this still an online game? meaning theres chances i can bump into other feelow ppl?

From my most recent understanding, you basically can't. Even if you do you can't tell them apart from NPCs and there is no real way to interact with them.

samn

The graphics don't look great to me. Low res ground textures, low res shimmering shadows up close, shadows popping in at medium distance. It looks 5 years behind the times.

Hoje0308

Banned
$60 price tag redeemed?
Still feel like it will hurt the game.

Why? The average consumer will see the retail box and assume the game costs the standard price. I highly doubt they're worried about what concerned message board members have to say on the matter.

Kaz42

Why? The average consumer will see the retail box and assume the game costs the standard price. I highly doubt they're worried about what concerned message board members have to say on the matter.

Good point. If it was digital only the guy might have a point because people seem to devalue digital only games but with NMS being a retail release the average consumer won't think, "oh this looks like it should be a 30-40 dollar game" they'll just see a game on a shelf like all the others. I hope Sony markets the game well though.

Gaz_RB

Crazy that this is coming out soon. Feels like it was announced forever ago.

Hyped to finally get into it and see if it lives up to expectations. (The realistic expectations, not the "BUT WHAT DO YOU DO" expectations)

Handy Fake

Got an awful feeling I'm going to end up looking like that bloke from Waterworld when I finally take a break from playing this.

3.jpg

mnannola

Game looks incredible. Never seen any of that dialogue stuff before. Looks deeper than I thought.

I do hope the game is challenging though.

nynt9

"I flew away from the planet, and if I go back everything will be regenerated" - so any changes you make to planets, anything you kill, mine, etc. is impermanent. Expected, but still a bummer.

KJRS_1993

I don't need to ask "What do you do?" in this game anymore - and I'm glad they acknowledged the confusion that surrounds the game.

What an awesome video, and I'm barely into it yet.

franzer

Most of what they have shown has very limited "life" in terms of civilization, are there going to be planets that have full cities, etc?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Cautiously excited. Exploring planets will be exciting, a shame that it's online but I won't be able to group up with friends. Seems a tad pointless, really.

Why are games journalists always so poorly dressed? I always notice this.

The UI reminds me so much of Destiny.

But I get so much more sense of imagination from this.

Holy shit they have GEO MOD TECHNOLOGY! Red Faction fans assemble!!!111!!!

Day one.

SomTervo

Game looks incredible. Never seen any of that dialogue stuff before. Looks deeper than I thought.

I do hope the game is challenging though.

Murray is on record saying they're trying to make every gameplay situation as challenging as possible. He verbatim says there's no point/it wont be meaningful if there's no challenge.

Good to see some of the back end systems like crafting, npc interactions, and the different kind of weapons. This is the first video on this game that actually made me interested in it.

Blowing up holes in the ground/cliffs to find hidden caves reminds me so much of Minecraft.

My son is going to love this game probably more than me.

That Destiny UI! Not sure if I like it or am a little irked at just how similar it is. It was done so well in Destiny that it almost seems a little too plastic and lifeless here. I haven't finished watching the entire video so it's possible that it's still being worked on.

Steejee

I want to be interested in this game, but something about it just doesn't do it for me.

The on ground stuff reminds me of hoofing around in Planetside (1) miles from anything interesting, which is not a good thing.

Hope I'm wrong though, but as is I'll be waiting for reviews.

Top Bottom