• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Skyrim on Switch first hands on gameplay video

mario_O

Is this 60 fps? The waggle looks abysmal.

I think the Switch is not for me, I have zero interest in playing these types of games outdoors, and without a proper controller.

I think the Switch is not for me, I have zero interest in playing these types of games outdoors, and without a proper controller.

If you don't care about portability then there are plenty of other platforms to play this on.

EDarkness

Luckily you don't have to use motion controls and you can even play the game at home, on your TV, with a "regular controller".

I play 95% of the time on my Switch indoors in handheld mode. 85% of the time in my own house, even!

I can't think of any other devices that could get Skyrim ports...what, you you want to play it on 3DS or something? Smart TVs? Cell phones?

Skyrim needs to beat doom, so it needs to be ported to a car, the mac touchbar, a microwave or something like that, and everytime someone made homebrew available on any console to begin with.

Seanlole

my real question is: will it be at full price??

an almost 6 year old game port with a few new features only worth $29.99 or less

my real question is: will it be at full price??

an almost 6 year old game port with a few new features only worth $29.99 or less

Wasn't it sold for $60 last fall? This is based on that version it seems.

But yeah it would be nice if it was lower than full price, though I don't see it happening.

XandBosch

Never played Skyrim. Worth a rent?

what_year_is_it.jpg

mario_O

Luckily you don't have to use motion controls and you can even play the game at home, on your TV, with a "regular controller".

The only reason to get this for me is portability --I already have Skyrim on console and on PC.
I don't want to play these types of games outside -or in the toilet.

EDarkness

The only reason to get this for me is portability --I already have Skyrim on console and on PC.

Uh, you don't have to. The game is portable, you can play it anywhere you want and without motion controls....

Edit: Just checked the price, at it' 60 pound... what? Hope that's just a placeholder, I was expecting half of that.

You honestly expected them to release the first ever portable edition of Skyrim for $30, a few months after they priced home console rereleases of the same game at $60?? Riiiiiight.

as i said before, i already have the game in several platforms.

Ok, so what is your point?

Seanlole

Wasn't it sold for $60 last fall? This is based on that version it seems.

But yeah it would be nice if it was lower than full price, though I don't see it happening.

The special edition for the other consoles were 60.
Hell they selling xenoverss 2 for full price with no dlc

Of course it'll be full price. This is Bethesda and Nintendo we're talking about.

Then i`ll wait for a price cut, or even a bargain bin.

lol at the pearl clutching that -

1) they *probably* will release this at full price, 2) it isn't 60 fps at 1080p and 3) that they are releasing it at all given that its a 6 year old game available on various other platforms.

Dude, its a Nintendo Switch game! Some of us (gasp) really like the system....

JJShadow

For one reason or another I've neved given Skyrim the opportunity it deserves, so I'll be there day one for this

Being able to play this anywhere is gonna be awesome

Effect

This is worth the full price. Based on the Special Edition and also includes all the official DLC/expansions. The amount of content in this package is insane. In addition to that motion controls that are decent and the main draw to this version, portability. I always wish games were cheaper but this is one time when I'm not at all bothered by the price.

At the very least it won't the only $60 version. The PS4 VR version is full price as well. So will the Fallout 4 VR version when it releases. No one is escaping the full price with this new round of releases.

LOL at people racing into Switch threads to shit on the concept of the system. I think people just want to have the "I don't like thing" meme used on them. Everyone deserves a turn, I guess.

lol at the pearl clutching that -

1) they *probably* will release this at full price, 2) it isn't 60 fps at 1080p and 3) that they are releasing it at all given that its a 6 year old game available on various other platforms.

Dude, its a Nintendo Switch game! Some of us (gasp) really like the system....

True. Let me add that it's a 6 yo game who recently had a remaster which came out for ps4 and xbo. And apparently this release is based on that version too.

erikNORML

Neo Member
Poured tons of hours into Morrowind and Oblivion, but never really got past the opening of Skyrim for a number of reasons. This has been at the top of my most wanted list for the Switch since it was announced, can't wait.

The demos are open to the public today so hopefully we get a bunch more video and hands on impressions soon.

Eradicate

I know I already asked questions earlier, and it seems really great. I see a lot of people talking about pouring in 100+ hours into the game. Definitely seems worth $60; do you all think so? Or, is a lot of that "padding" and I should try and wait to find it for just a bit cheaper, like either a used copy or wait a while for it to possibly come down in price (if a game like this would even do that; I'm not familiar with the company to know if they do that type of thing or not after a year or two!)? Again, I'm coming into it entirely fresh having never played it before!

Why does the video not load but the audio?

Is this on youtube or something? I can't find it.

So anybody know another site the video is hosted at? I only get sound on that linked in OP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5StC_xWiig

I couldn't get it to work either. I actually watched another video of it that someone linked up first, but this looks to be IGNs video!

twisted89

If I could somehow port my current PC save over would be an instant buy, not sure I can be bothered to start over again for the 3rd time.

TrutaS

You honestly expected them to release the first ever portable edition of Skyrim for $30, a few months after they priced home console rereleases of the same game at $60?? Riiiiiight.

I honestly honestly did. Was thinking it would be like 40 and I would wait for price to go down. It is a very very old game. For this price I'll give it a wait, since there are a lot of other releases until the end of the year. But I hope anyone who buys it enjoys it!

Van Bur3n

I honestly honestly did. Was thinking it would be like 40 and I would wait for price to go down. It is a very very old game. For this price I'll give it a wait, since there are a lot of other releases until the end of the year. But I hope anyone who buys it enjoys it!

An old game with high demand. Many people bought Skyrim: SS at full price. It's Bethesda's GTA V and they'll going to milk it because it shits profit.

Verder

Yes please. Oblivion is the one with better atmosphere and landscape

Oblivion to me had better thieves guild and dark brother hood.

Final Thieves guild quest gave me so much chills.
Lucien lachance was also my favorite fucking character .

Fuck the adoring fan I shot him off the mountains . "CHAMPION CHAMPION CHAMPION"

Top Bottom