• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In Japan, Knack 2 debuts at less than 1% of its predecessor

Acerac

Banned
Wow, the original must have had AMAZING sales if such an awesome sequel sold such a small fraction. Huge win for Knack and Knack lovers everywhere.

Wozman23

Loved Knack 1 but the Demo of Knack 2 did nothing for me. Without the Demo I think I would have bought the game.

I wasn't a fan of the original as much, but planned on buying 2, until the demo unsold me. However I got it for free thanks to the AU and NZ store errors, and I was pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed it.

The demo was definitely not indicative of the full product. That section was easily the worst part of the game.

So it's probably worth a look, especially if you enjoyed the first game.

Pejo

GAF (On a Monday): "We need games that aren't AAA shlock and more platformers"

GAF (On a Thursday): "LOLLLLL Knack sux."

sublimit

Banned
He's just a narcissist who couldn't resist making and then playing the fuck out of a game with a totally-not-Mark-Cerny character.

lucas.jpg

That character looks terrible. Hard to believe that this is a model made by a professional artist...

Megatron

GAF (On a Monday): "We need games that aren't AAA shlock and more platformers"

GAF (On a Thursday): "LOLLLLL Knack sux."

Ok, fine, you're right, we werent specific enough on Monday. What we should have said is "We need more fun and enjoyable platformers."

Cuburt

Sony believed the memes = real hype? lol

Even if many of the people posting the memes weren't being facetious, it was clearly only a vocal minority trying to push their love for the game (and push back against the hate) through a forced meme.

L Thammy

I kind of feel like Sony has been basing their business decision on forum posts this gen, and Knack memes threw them off.

The first Knack was garbage, I don't blame people for skipping the sequel no matter how improved it is.

I wpuldnt call it garbage. My son was obsessed with it and beat it twice bavk to back. It has an audience.

I havnt told him about knack 2 yet. Im waiting for the price drop.

HoodWinked

all i remember from knack is Shuhei Yoshida streaming the game at the ps4 launch and miserably dying over and over due to the games poor game/level design.

Aesnath

I just never understood the appeal of the character or the series. I suppose it isn't entirely fair of me to criticize, having never played it, but it appeared as some form of platformer with brawler elements. The game was presented as being both "edgy" at times and silly at others (what with all the dancing), ending up mostly charmless.

I like platformers, and I get the idea to create characters that haven't been done before or look unique. But they have to work on some level. Like sackboy--made of cloth to emphasize the customization element. Or the tearaway protagonist, oragami person. But Knack, Pinocchio-katamari-crap-person who beats things up? Bit of a turnoff. I just think that they started with "man, this design will look cool as he breaks apart and comes back together" and then tried to build a game around it.

Maybe just sour grapes, 'cause tearaway deserved a sequel.

test_account

XP-39C²
Just release it on PS+, that should soften the drop.

Sony believed the memes = real hype? lol

Even if many of the people posting the memes weren't being facetious, it was clearly only a vocal minority trying to push their love for the game (and push back against the hate) through a forced meme.
I doubt that anyone here was being serious when posting the meme, if you're thinking of the one saying that Knack is the game of the generation. I mean, that doesnt mean that everyone think its a bad game of course, personally i enjoyed the game, but i dont think that anyone posting that meme thinks it is the game of the generation.

I also dont think the meme had anything to do with the sequel being made. Knack probably sold a million copies worldwide, maybe even more.

Top Bottom