• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insurgency: Sandstorm - Next-Gen Launch Trailer | PS5 & Xbox Series

Insurgency: Sandstorm now in 4K 60FPS on PS5 & Xbox Series, Delivering Unparalleled Immersion and Visual Fidelity

Today marks a new step for Insurgency: Sandstorm, as the critically acclaimed tactical shooter is now available natively on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. The Gen 9 version boasts a range of enhancements, promising an immersive and visually stunning experience for players on the latest gaming consoles.

Ready for Action on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S
Insurgency: Sandstorm is now fully optimized for next-gen consoles, taking advantage of the powerful hardware of the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S. Players can enjoy the game like never before with improved resolution, performance, and features.

Experience Insurgency: Sandstorm in native 4K at 60 frames per second (1080p on Xbox Series S), pushing the boundaries of visual fidelity on both PS5 and Xbox Series X. Gen 9 consoles automatically enable the HD texture pack, delivering enhanced textures for a heightened gaming experience. Players will also enjoy significantly shorter loading times, thanks to the Gen 9 consoles' SSDs – a feature also shared by PS4 owners with SSD installations. Immerse yourself further in the game with haptic feedback and adaptive activities exclusively available on the PS5.
Additionally, cross-gen is available allowing matches between Gen 8 and Gen 9 players. Owners of the game switching from Gen 8 to Gen 9 will receive the native version for free and keep all their previously-purchased DLCs.

Go further and dive into the action with the already available Year 3 Pass and Ultimate Edition. Brace yourselves for fresh maps and gear as exciting updates and new DLCs are on the horizon, with the second release out of four in the Year 3 Pass coming soon.
Insurgency: Sandstorm is currently available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Steam, EGS, Microsoft Store, Game Pass, and now natively on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. Check out all the editions available on the Focus Store and discover the Ultimate Edition including the base game and passes for Year 1, Year 2, and Year 3 available for all platforms.

Skelterz

I wonder if the trophies auto-pop… sorry thinking out loud getting the plat for this game was a motherfucker!

If anyone cares they don’t I just downloaded the game booted it up and nothing I didn’t play a match but so far no autopop 😂.

Last edited:

Kupfer

The cover seems familiar

0hM5weP.jpg

Kupfer

I don't remember hearing about this game. Someone give me a short and sweet summary.
Started as HL2 mod over a decade ago. The mod was a hardcore online shooter, tactical, very low TTK, more realistic than most other multiplayer-shooters. I played it a lot back then.
Now it's a fully fledged standalone game. The premise should be the same. It is often mentioned in one sentence with Squad, Arma, Dayz, HLL.
If you like games like these, you'll probably like Insurgency - vice versa.

Last edited:

Shin-Ra

Always weird when ‘Xbox Series’ is used as a catch-all for X|S then later in the article they have to clarify Series S doesn’t get the ‘4K 60FPS’ upgrade.

I don't remember hearing about this game. Someone give me a short and sweet summary.
It's a realistic shooter with very very low TTK. It's not a massive 50v50 type game like some of the other shooters in that area though. It's a bit more contained and I think supports 14v14. Best game type is Push, which is basically attack/defend with reinforcements (or spawn tickets) being increased or replenished if attackers capture the point.

Guns feel amazing and they feel the best out of any shooter in my opinion. It's a solid game and definitely one of (if not the) best realistic MP shooter out there.

Shut0wen

It's a realistic shooter with very very low TTK. It's not a massive 50v50 type game like some of the other shooters in that area though. It's a bit more contained and I think supports 14v14. Best game type is Push, which is basically attack/defend with reinforcements (or spawn tickets) being increased or replenished if attackers capture the point.

Guns feel amazing and they feel the best out of any shooter in my opinion. It's a solid game and definitely one of (if not the) best realistic MP shooter out there.
For me its the best online game since bf4, maps are crazy good, reminds me of old school infinity ward maps plus push is literally the best gamemode

phant0m

I thought the studio shuttered and support stopped for this game 🤔
The studio that made the game shutdown, but they haven’t worked on it in years. All the maintenance/updates have been outsourced for a while now.

Does anybody know if there’s full cross play yet? Or is everyone still helped captive by platform?

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Is this a free upgrade for PS4 users? I ask because the ps4 version is 19.99 while the PS5 version sky is 39.99

Seems so.. So Id buy it for ps4 16.95 right now!

Owners of the PS4 Version can claim a free PS5 upgrade since of today.

Known features:
-4K/60 FPS
- Short loading times
- Cross-Play between PS4/PS5
- Progress transfers betweeen plattforms
- Dualsense Haptics
- All already bought DLCs transfer

Last edited:

hlm666

Can be a bit of fun to play against bots with some friends if your not in the mood to be all serious. Maybe something to keep in mind if you see it on special and kinda interested in just that.

Top Bottom