• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming Dec/Jan: GET

SIMOGO!

Have they released any details?
Only "coming (very) soon" on Twitter

B5EZwDLCUAANALV.png

This is cool
Basically it's a series of games, each one a minimalist arcade game that explores different mechanics and builds off the gameplay of the last in the series
The first is aa, and the order is uu, ff, au, rr, ao, rl, sp, and th

okno

Skullduggery is pretty amazing. Should've bought it when it came out, but I won't lie the mechanic turned me off. Glad I smagged it, though, really charming (and hard as nails) game.

Looks like it will be on sale for $1.99, but hasn't hit yet. Probably will be one of those 11 pm EST changes.

Great game, especially if you like games like Unpossible and Tail Spin.

oh yeah, i played Proun on the pc a while ago and i really enjoyed Impossible Road is one my favorites so I'll def pick up Proun+ when the sale hits.

awp69

anxious to see how Mini Motor Racing WRT turned out. I loved the original way back when, but want to know how the freemium model is set up. Please don't have timers!!!

awp69

Thoughts on Vain Glory?

I really like it. Granted, I'm new to the MOBA gaming scene but it's a lot of fun.

Unfortunately, since games can last 30 minutes or more, I don't get that much time to play it. And for that reason, I suck. But I try to get a game in here and there.

Oynox

What do you think? Will Oceanhorn get another sale anytime? And if so, will it be even cheaper?

I do not mean that the game is not worth the money, but I have tons of other games to play right now and I would like to wait for another sale. But I am not sure if there will be one.

Just upgraded iPad 4 to an iPad Air 2. Does Shadowrun Returns have cloud saves? I'm in the middle of a game, about half way done on my 4 and not sure if I'll need to finish that game up on there first.

awp69

What do you think? Will Oceanhorn get another sale anytime? And if so, will it be even cheaper?

I do not mean that the game is not worth the money, but I have tons of other games to play right now and I would like to wait for another sale. But I am not sure if there will be one.

Seriously doubt it. This is the first time it's EVER been on sale.

I doubt there will be another sale anytime soon. It released 13 months ago and this is the first sale it's ever had.

With that said, will it be on sale again in the future? Almost guaranteed. Will it be even cheaper? Possibly.

One thing you can almost always rely on for iOS games - they WILL get cheaper.

Every December holiday season, my family tries to find an iOS game or two that we can all play against each other.

Ideally, we'd have a 'score attack' game that'll have us competing against each other for high scores. Additionally, it would be great to have some lightweight async game that would allow us to compete/battle directly.

Any suggestions for recent games that might scratch the itch?

Every December holiday season, my family tries to find an iOS game or two that we can all play against each other.

Ideally, we'd have a 'score attack' game that'll have us competing against each other for high scores. Additionally, it would be great to have some lightweight async game that would allow us to compete/battle directly.

Any suggestions for recent games that might scratch the itch?
Today's release TimeCube is really good. More Duet than Super Hexagon, in that it has levels rather than endless. But the levels are damn hard, so just seeing who can progress the farthest fastest could be a nice challenge
NZ store link, should be available in the US tonight

Other relatively recent high score/arcade games:
- Dead Run (simple, but really solid and nice pixel art)
- Polyganic (winner of Pocket Gamer's Big Indie Pitch, think Flappy Bird but you control the columns)
- One More Line (from the devs of OTTTD)
- Hex:99
- Hyper Trip (currently free)

dock

Oceanhorn is great but it completely destroys the battery on my 6
Apparently Oceanhorn's updates for iPhone 6 have made the gamer run poorly on the previous gen, such as my iPad mini 2. It sucks when updates make the game worse for some customers.

Apparently Oceanhorn's updates for iPhone 6 have made the gamer run poorly on the previous gen, such as my iPad mini 2. It sucks when updates make the game worse for some customers.
I also bought it and have a Mini 2, but I haven't tried it yet.

Have the developers made any comments on that?

awp69

I have a mini 2 and haven't noticed a difference. Is it mainly battery life?

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Apparently, Simogo's new game is now up. WOOT!
NOT YET. Sorry everyone.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
might need impressions instead of blindly buying. Wasn't really a fan of sailor's dream outside of the presentation.

Apparently, I got my wires crossed. I can't see it on the App Store yet. Sorry for getting hopes up.

PittaGAF

Apparently, Simogo's new game is now up. WOOT!
NOT YET. Sorry everyone.

might need impressions instead of blindly buying. Wasn't really a fan of sailor's dream outside of the presentation.

Apparently, I got my wires crossed. I can't see it on the App Store yet. Sorry for getting hopes up.

It's not an iOS new game.
It's a (free) gift from Simogo to their fans, an interactive experience apparently (have yet to download it).
It's on PC and Mac only.

You can read about and get it here:

http://simogo.com/work/the-sensational-december-machine/

GTA Chinatown Wars just turned into a universal app with retina support, control customization (although the virtual buttons are too small for iPhone6+), and other improvements.

Really nice of Rockstar!

awp69

So was there really much of anything all that great released yesterday?

I just downloaded Mini Motor Racing WRT. Anxious to see how bad (or good) the F2P elements are.

If anyone's interested, got my list shorted out
http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=143816542&postcount=7
1. 80 Days; Inkle proved their talent at making engaging and sprawling interactive fiction with Sorcery 1 and 2, but 80 Days was on another level. Forgot exploring the wilderness or a city; in 80 Days, the entire globe is waiting to be traversed, a 19th century steampunk world brought to vivid life through wonderful prose, teeming with whispers of revolution and warring nations and political tension. To be crossed by boat and train, by submersible railway and airship and even more exotic forms of travel, as you and your master circumnavigate the world. Mutinies, pirates, spies, murder, civil war, inclement weather, and so much more awaits, every city offering new stories, secrets, and possibilities. It's the kind of game you can play three, four times and have a totally different experience each time.
2. Valiant Hearts
3. Monument Valley
4. Out There
5. Jet Car Stunts 2
6. Zengrams
7. Wayward Souls
8. Leo's Fortune
9. Perfect Paths
10. Heavy Metal Thunder

x. CLARC
x. Shadow Blade
x. Bug Heroes 2
x. Inferno 2
x. The Nightmare Cooperative
x. Membrane

Heel

iTunes Connect Holiday Shutdown

December 8, 2014
As a reminder, iTunes Connect will shut down December 22-29 for the winter holidays. If you plan to schedule app releases or price changes to take place during this time, make sure these changes are scheduled, submitted, and approved by December 18. Users who are currently testing or have been invited to test your pre-release apps with TestFlight will not be affected. Sales and Trends reports will also remain available through the Autoingestion tool.

Oh, so that's why my AppZapp exploded. It's happening!

Sarye

I finally decided to buy Papers Please for iOS and holy crap it is such a good game. I initially wanted to play for 30 minutes just to see what it's about but the next thing I knew it was 3 AM....

The touch controls works really well and I can't imagine a better control scheme.

Top Bottom