• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is PSN Down?

Elginer

was just about to pay some Killzone, well that ain't happening. Sony better adding a LOT of servers and making PSN better. And soon.

I hate it, I want to listen to Day 4 of the GiantBomb GotY podcast but I usually play NBA while listening to my podcasts. Stupid online only stuff.

This is purely a fuck 2K thing. I can't believe they snuck in that always online DRM. It's just so underhanded and dirty. To add to that, the fact that they made the game so much more difficult to play so you have to grind your way out. Then if you want to buy VC points, it's very limited to where you can use them. So disgusting truly

Beast780

This is purely a fuck 2K thing. I can't believe they snuck in that always online DRM. It's just so underhanded and dirty. To add to that, the fact that they made the game so much more difficult to play so you have to grind your way out. Then if you want to buy VC points, it's very limited to where you can use them. So disgusting truly

Ridiculous...

Pain

Banned
BF4Stats.com shows only about 40k PS4 players while about 55k Xbox One.
PS4 has always been ahead each time I checked. I guess this means there are some PSN problems, just not for everyone.

Earlier today I had some problems but I just kept restarting the PS4 and trying and I eventually signed in and played some Ghosts.

Been getting this notification since 16:30 CST, still not able to sign into PSN

BcdfnV-CIAANiLy.jpg:large

Riggs

Banned
Been getting this notification since 16:30 CST, still not able to sign into PSN

BcdfnV-CIAANiLy.jpg:large

Same man, no friends list either.

Can't play BF4 MP at all

Can't play NBA 2k14 at all, my player and teamgm all require PSN and online connection to 2k servers. (GG thanks 2k, fuckers).

I could play random quick matches in NBA2k14 I guess ...

Can't play certain parts of AC because of UPlay shit, I.E. Kenway Fleet.

So over all, awesome shit!

Seriously though this always online bullshit for 2k and certain parts of AC are horrible, I can understand BF4 not working right now but fucking basketball? lol

Yopis

Having same issues on Vita and PS4. Tried BF mp, no go. Clicked to sync trophies and tried BF again and It worked. Played a few rounds.

Sad that this reminds me of PS4 launch.

Nags

Banned
I expect these issues will persist through the weekend. They probably need to get a handle on all the new users across PS3, PS4 and Vita. They have been doing a good job in my opinion. But it has to be frustrating for anyone who got any of the platforms for Christmas.

Can't play BF4 MP at all

Can't play NBA 2k14 at all, my player and teamgm all require PSN and online connection to 2k servers. (GG thanks 2k, fuckers).

Seriously though this always online bullshit for 2k and certain parts of AC are horrible, I can understand BF4 not working right now but fucking basketball? lol

Wonder why only some us have this problem, hmmm

RedAssedApe

Banned
weird wonder why killzone works but not those other games.

everyone go play killzone mp. let's see if we can get player count to 10k :D

Steel

Banned
It's strange how the what's new stuff is still up, as well as the store and online play(For me anyway). They generally turn that off when the servers are under load, so why is my friends list the only thing that's down?

ViciousDS

Banned
Yes wanted to play some 2k tonight....isn't happening. Played some max curse of brother on the X1.....hoping it's solved by tomorrow I really would like to get mycareer further (drafted to bobcats and now in February on a 38 game winning streak) I want to get to the playoffs soon!

Daigoro

Can't play BF4 MP at all

this is fucked up.

an online game is one thing, but offline games with DRM bullshit not working is inexcuseable. complete horseshit.

Riggs

Banned
Wonder why only some us have this problem, hmmm

Honestly it's probably because you are still playing. I was playing 2k, and I knew of the server issues but I didn't disconnect from PSN. Even though I had no friends list, I was still connected to PSN. I rebooted PS4 for another reason and now I can't even get into PSN at all, which means no 2k since 2k servers can't connect : (

this is fucked up.

an online game is one thing, but offline games with DRM bullshit not working is inexcuseable. complete horseshit.

Ya man, BF4 is not pissing me off. But no my player is lulz, fucking 2k and their bad implementation of VC for the fail.

Oh Vicious check this shit ... I am in game 1 of the fucking finals bro!!! Me and the Mavs (lol?) VS the Cavs, grrrrrrr so close.

Just was about to play some Ghosts, then found out that PSN isn't doing so hot right now. Guess that's one way to get me to play the single player in COD Ghosts.

Had some issues earlier where it was saying the servers are too busy. Lol wut? Paid service Sony get it sorted.

After no more than 2mins it let me on for some warframe goodness.

Azebra

Banned
Have we heard anything from Sony on the matter yet? I just got my boyfriend a PS4 and he can't play any games since it needs to update. Hoping it comes back tonight, but doubting it.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Have we heard anything from Sony on the matter yet? I just got my boyfriend a PS4 and he can't play any games since it needs to update. Hoping it comes back tonight, but doubting it.

if it needs to update the firmware he can just download it to a usb and update the firmware in safe mode

How is it that comments like this don't get banned, yet I make a comment about salty Nintendo Gaf'ers and I get banned?
Maybe because I'm not talking about salty gaffers? Dunno.

I have a PS4 and PS+ btw, so I'm just as disappointed with PSN problems as anybody else here. PSN being free was always the Get-Out-of-Jail free card for Sony's network woes, but thats no longer the case. They've got to do better than this.

Top Bottom