• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is there ever a good reason to beat somebody up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me put it this way:

Bottom line, I will not use violence except in defense of myself or of others. I adhere to this pretty strictly.

But if I'm being a dick and saying some pretty nasty shit to someone and get decked, I'm not gonna whine like I didn't deserve it. Then again I don't tend to verbally abuse people like some kind of manchild.

If two of my friends get into a fistfight over some harsh words, they're both morons as far as I'm concerned. But it's likely there was a lot of alcohol involved anyway and no grudge is held.

Banned
Self defense is always a good one.

If I eventually have children, I won't be responsible for what happens if they get messed around or mortal wounded. Same goes for my family.

Lesath

Other than defense of self and/or others? Damage or theft of property. My car's been keyed 4 times and I will probably commit murder if I find out who the person was that did it.

Thorgal

At shool, I used to beat up other kids every single day.

How else was I supposed to get lunch money? I would have starved to death if I didn't.

/s

Mistake

My brother was a real asshole until someone got tired of it in the marines and gave him a beating. Now we're cool. It's not the first time I've heard or seen this either

Eusis

Self defense is the only valid legal reason. Most other rationales fall under heat of passion.
I was thinking this beyond some very... unlikable public figures. Best reason is if you don't beat them up first they'll beat you up for sure (or worse!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom