• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is traveling to Japan dangerous due to radiation?

Mendrox

Hahah nothing wrong at all man. Just an image I have of the foreign (re: Western) tourist in Japan--that of the giant backpack.

If there's anything wrong with it, it's that many of them don't take them off, hold them in front of them, put them on the overhead rack, etc. when riding a packed train.

What is the overhead rack supposed to be there for then? What. I have a 45l backpack with me which takes less space then suit cases and put it into the overhead rack in the shinkansen today just fine. o_O train wasnt full or anyting and it laid there just fine without poking out buy really the people with suit cases were way more annoying to me in Tokyo...but these were also mostly Chinese people

shounenka

What is the overhead rack supposed to be there for then? What. I have a 45l backpack with me which takes less space then suit cases and put it into the overhead rack in the shinkansen today just fine. o_O train wasnt full or anyting and it laid there just fine without poking out buy really the people with suit cases were way more annoying to me in Tokyo...but these were also mostly Chinese people

Sorry; the "don't" in the sentence I wrote was intended to apply to the whole series (meaning, you were right to put your backpack on the overhead rack).

And yeah, Chinese tourists are a whole different story (can of worms).

Bryan-Cranston-Holding-in-Tears-Godzilla.gif

OP, looking at your other dumb threads, I think some international​ travel would really benefit you. Seriously. You have some major perception issues.

Izuna

Banned
How the fuck did OP get away with two America is the centre of the universe threads.

Now this thread makes sense.

I'm boiling up with anger at how ignorant that is.

Shouta

I've been back to Fukushima every summer the past 3 years. I'm totally fine aside from occasionally turning into a mega-playboy and sparkling when anime women come into my proximity.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I've been back to Fukushima every summer the past 3 years. I'm totally fine aside from occasionally turning into a mega-playboy and sparkling when anime women come into my proximity.
I always knew Charisma Man was impervious to deadly radiation.

Haha this just makes Korey look so bad. Although this is not surprising with his other backfire threads :p

Holy shit the strange to not be an american snd envy threads, guys is a fucking idiot.

You dont deserve to travel anywhere OP. And I say this as someome who travelled to america and had a nice time there and thought the majority of people he meet there were lovely, but you are giving the usa a bad name.

Also he posts in the OP of his threads other posts that align with his view just to feel vindicated. What a massive ego, wouldnt surprise me if he was a trump voter.

Coil, gas and oil kill more people yearly than nuclear energy.

Nuclear definitely needs new economical models

they are still iterating on LWRs for the time being with a bunch of experimental and modular reactors being tested around the world

Hopefully we can get away from the wildly inefficient uranium rod burners

Jaffaboy

In Tokyo? Nah. Don't let hyped up scaremongering prevent you from visiting one of the coolest places in the world. I lived in Japan for a year, it's fine :)

turtle553

I don't understand why people are taking this so personally. Like they're personally offended that someone would dare question the safety of Japan. Is it just because it's Japan?

Like I doubt if I were asking if it was safe to visit whatever country Chernobyl is in, I'd be getting the same heated responses here.

Btw I just looked it up, and the Japan accident is on par with the Chernobyl incident. They're both the highest nuclear disaster rating possible:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nucle...s_and_incidents#Nuclear_power_plant_accidents

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Nuclear_Event_Scale#Level_7:_Major_accident

Just that both are major accidents, not how deadly.

You can just see the difference here since you like Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Fukushima_and_Chernobyl_nuclear_accidents

Patrick S.

Banned
Holy shit at OP's America thread. OP, what's your fucking problem? I don't know if you're a sociopath, autistic, or just stupid.

Lkr

I just found out about this thread because someone made a joke edit of the OP in the laptop ban on flights thread.
I want to know what the source is about Tokyo Disneyland being the best is. Why would you fly around the world when the original Disneyland and Disneyworld are in the country you're already living in?

I just found out about this thread because someone made a joke edit of the OP in the laptop ban on flights thread.
I want to know what the source is about Tokyo Disneyland being the best is. Why would you fly around the world when the original Disneyland and Disneyworld are in the country you're already living in?

OP wanted to go to Tokyo Disney Sea. I've been there 3 times, and it's pretty cool. It's Mediterranean themed, with some cool attractions, including a roller coaster that has a loop. Also, you can drink beer there. There's a cruised ship themed bar there, which is great for relaxing after a busy afternoon.

It's a shame that OP is a jingoist scaredy-cat who is too afraid to leave his precious country and go abroad.

Linkura

Because the owner of Tokyo Disneyland/DisneySea is Oriental Land Company, not Disney, and they actually invest money in innovative new attractions and actual maintenance on existing ones.

And if this isn't a troll thread, I don't even know what to say.

I don't understand why people are taking this so personally. Like they're personally offended that someone would dare question the safety of Japan. Is it just because it's Japan?

Like I doubt if I were asking if it was safe to visit whatever country Chernobyl is in, I'd be getting the same heated responses here.

Btw I just looked it up, and the Japan accident is on par with the Chernobyl incident. They're both the highest nuclear disaster rating possible:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nucle...s_and_incidents#Nuclear_power_plant_accidents

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Nuclear_Event_Scale#Level_7:_Major_accident

Because you are either stupid or a troll.

You use selective evidence via a short google search to backup your dumb/unfounded concerns about Japan, then you can't be bothered to look up where Chernobyl is, or the difference between that and Fukushima...

Don't think anyone is just taking it personally, I mean you're the one who - in the face of underwhelming evidence that'd make Kellyanne blush - made a judgement call.

Also Disneyland is ok but didn't feel like anything amazing.

Because the owner of Tokyo Disneyland/DisneySea is Oriental Land Company, not Disney, and they actually invest money in innovative new attractions and actual maintenance on existing ones.

And if this isn't a troll thread, I don't even know what to say.

Its a little heartbreaking that because of this ignorant guy people are thinking tokyo disneySEA is shit.

Linkura

Its a little heartbreaking that because of this ignorant guy people are thinking tokyo disneySEA is shit.

Haven't read this entire thread, but that's too bad. I haven't been, but it's on the bucket list. Just got too much stuff going on with my life now to head on a long trip to Japan (namely my cats).

gotoadgo

I rethought my position after seeing the OP's other threads. Stay in America OP, the world doesn't need people like you walking around thinking you're above them because they aren't from America.

Like, seriously, you thought America standardised the English language? Fuck me....

I rethought my position after seeing the OP's other threads. Stay in America OP, the world doesn't need people like you walking around thinking you're above them because they aren't from America.

Maybe he should to know what it feels like when people pity him because he's American.

Raguel

Haha. This thread is gold especially the OP's ingrained ignorance. To the OP, stay in America and enjoy our fuckwad of a cheeto ruining the country. You'll be clamoring to live elsewhere soon enough.

Top Bottom