• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

is US psn down ?

NewDust

Are the people actually posting in this dumb thread testing it or just spewing shit? PSN is up

You guys just like to outrage for no fucking reason.

Don't outrage against the outrage, PSN IS having issues.

https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

PlayStation®Store
Purchase
Download
Browse
Search
Redeem Voucher
Affected Platforms:
PS4™ , PS3™
Affected Services:
You may have some difficulty accessing features and products on the PlayStation®Store. Our engineers are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible, and we thank you for your patience.

ldcommando

Banned
Are the people actually posting in this dumb thread testing it or just spewing shit? PSN is up

Trying to download pes2017

Getting the same error as the op.

Do you want a screen capture or something?

We seriously need a Reddit "Auto-Mod" that automatically responds to a thread which says "Is XYZ down" by just directly linking to the Services Status page.

Is it seriously faster to post here and get a number of different responses from people on completely different network in different countries rather than go to the source?

flkraven

We seriously need a Reddit "Auto-Mod" that automatically responds to a thread which says "Is XYZ down" by just directly linking to the Services Status page.

Is it seriously faster to post here and get a number of different responses from people on completely different network in different countries rather than go to the source?

Those service status pages can sometimes be unreliable and it's sometimes nice hearing that other people are experiencing the same thing you are. Especially when those people are from your familiar community (NeoGAF). Is this thread hurting you?

Except there are issues.

Or maybe people are annoyed that a £40 per year service's storefront seems unable to handle the release of a fucking demo.

Not everyone can be a corporate sycophant.

Flyinmunky

Quick question guys...im trying to change my psn password, follow all steps but on final click it takes me back to log in screen saying password incorrect. I have 2 step etc and all that works fine but its like it wont update my new password. Could PSN being under maint effect this?

Update* working now :D

On my PS3 I'm logged and Watching Netflix just fine. Try via the PC web store

Ah todays is Tuesday so a lot of fuckery happens when they update the store and what not

Yeah, had to download games from the webstore.
Also, I tried to boot up Netflix and the system said "error with system software" before it reset itself. Weird, never had that happen before.

dralla

PSN seems to be shit right now, probably because of the 4.0 firmware update? I can't log onto the store and the system hangs when I press down on a game on the dashboard to see more info on it.

Pennywise

Except there are issues.

Or maybe people are annoyed that a £40 per year service's storefront seems unable to handle the release of a fucking demo.

Not everyone can be a corporate sycophant.

It's the FIFA demo.
Origin speeds/store are also down the shitter.

People are thirsty for that demo.

21XX

Banned
I'm sorry, is the outrage in this thread for real? You can't download a demo this afternoon while they're rolling out an update and you're throwing out "this is fucking ridiculous!" and sarcastic "Thanks Sony"?

TheRook

I'm sorry, is the outrage in this thread for real? You can't download a demo this afternoon while they're rolling out an update and you're throwing out "this is fucking ridiculous!" and sarcastic "Thanks Sony"?

This inconveniences right now, so yes...people have a general right to be upset if this is the only time they can potentially play. Not everyone has all day to play games or is available later/ in the afternoon.

People may not all be trying to get the demo, I'm trying to buy the unlock key for Mai in DOA5:LR but since the store is down, there isn't anything I can do about that. I just wish Sony picked better hours to do this...

21XX

Banned
This inconveniences right now, so yes...people have a general right to be upset if this is the only time they can potentially play. Not everyone has all day to play games or is available later/ in the afternoon.

People may not all be trying to get the demo, I'm trying to buy the unlock key for Mai in DOA5:LR but since the store is down, there isn't anything I can do about that. I just wish Sony picked better hours to do this...

Be annoyed, sure, but the tone is a little much for an afternoon of no PSN. That's all I'm saying. You'll get your character, and others will get their demo. All will be well!

TheRook

Be annoyed, sure, but the tone is a little much for an afternoon of no PSN. That's all I'm saying. You'll get your character, and others will get their demo. All will be well!

I'm not angry/upset about it, I'm just saying people can be mad about not being able to purchase/download something when they want to.

Yeah, people maybe a bit savage right now but..everything is exaggerated on the internet, take it with a grain of salt.

Aceofspades

Banned

Its a culture thing among gamers to be outraged all the time. Happens with every major events...

-Xblive down, people screaming!!
-PSN down, people screaming!!
-One week delay of a game: the end is near!
-No UHBD: oh my god, its the most important feature! (They never used it)
-Scorpio release with Jaguar: omg...weak CPUs!!!! (They know nothing about programming)
-Scorpio release with Zen affecting BC with X1: no MS should have stuck to Jaguar!
-No optical for Slim: WTF...nooo my bl bla ( 90% never used this port)

It's becoming a habbit for some to make huge ordeals out of every little things that happen in the gaming industry.

You should just roll with it and ignore those voices.

Of course Im not generalizing, more often than not you get a very fruitful and meaningful discussions here in Neogaf.

JC Lately

and now whenever input my two-factor code on the website, i get:

{ "reason" : "", "status" : "400" }

You really don't want me to buy Overwatch today, huh Sony?

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
It's not down, but it does have a few error messages that pop up here and there.

That said, if you just try again, it will go through. There's just a chance you may get an error message.

NewDust

and now whenever input my two-factor code on the website, i get:

{ "reason" : "", "status" : "400" }

You really don't want me to buy Overwatch today, huh Sony?

Using Firefox? Sony has had/is having this issue earlier... Can you try another browser?

Top Bottom